Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

heath shuler wonderlic score was bad

bsmsss

You want to think when you make quick decisions, but you don't want to overthink. A lack of any kind of thinking will result in picks and poor throws. Overthinking will result in sacks and missed opportunities. My guess is that the wonderlick doesn't do a good job of measuring this ability in NFL QBs.

A low wonderlic score may make it more difficult for him to decipher the playbook. His head coach at Auburn stated that Campbell became bogged down when trying to learn in the classroom (football not the regular college classes). The coach worked around that deficiency by doing all of the routines out on the field - - if he walks it through visually and physically then he's okay. Will he have any difficulty reading diagrams of opposing defense plays? Perhaps but Skins second stringers will run the opposing defense. Definitely, Skins will have to work through any of his weaknesses.

Elway had an extremely low Wonderlick.

I'd say he was pretty good. Favre doesn't strike me as somebody who scored high on it either.

If wonderlick scores determined NFL success then the league would pretty much be populated full of Harvard players...

I seriously Doubt Elway had a low wonderlic,wasnt he a stanford guy? where is your source for this?

My take is that wonderlic only correlates how well you learn an offence before you hit the field (classroom), chances are cambell wont see the field for at least a year maybe two so thats two years learning the system before having to play. Its not like hes a wuerrfel who had great womnderlics but no physical talent! Hell be fine....or he wont no sense stressing.

Originally posted by Ryman of the North

I seriously Doubt Elway had a low wonderlic,wasnt he a stanford guy? where is your source for this?

My take is that wonderlic only correlates how well you learn an offence before you hit the field (classroom), chances are cambell wont see the field for at least a year maybe two so thats two years learning the system before having to play. Its not like hes a wuerrfel who had great womnderlics but no physical talent! Hell be fine....or he wont no sense stressing.

Just because he went to Stanford doesn't mean he is smart. He was a recruited athlete not scholar. The only schools that don't give athletic scholarships are the Ivies and div III schools.

(but John elway got a fairly high score I think)

Archived