Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate 04/28/18 (Platinum Lot - A)

pez

Official 2018 Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate

ddpt2018.png.c4b5eb696cf1475d1541fa597efb56d6.png

HERE IT IS... the Draft Day Party Tailgate !!!! It's that time to shake off that offseason slumber and party like only the Burgandy & Gold fans can. It's a new year, and a lot has happened with our team for all of us to catch up on over some good drinks, good food, good music, and more importantly good friends! After taking a year off, our good friends Sons Of The Radio are back to rock our faces off, and we are so excited to have em back! The event goes from dawn until dusk, so bring your foldout chairs, bring your canopies, bring your grills and lets have a great time!

I am sure most of you are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, please donate items to the tailgate and check what we have and what we need and post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can. We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something, but please remember the more folks bring, the better the tailgate!

Once again, we will have containers available for donations. There will be two containers: One container will be for Sons of the Radio (to cover costs for generator, gas, etc), they provide great entertainment folks, so please give some, because they are not making a dime off this event. The other container will be for monetary donations for our primary charity: K9's for Warriors. 

k9.png.d38fec67ffb503ec02b7016f3bab2d82.png

MISSION:

K9s For Warriors is dedicated to providing service canines to our Warriors suffering from Post-traumatic

Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury, and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post-9/11.

Our goal is to empower them to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.

We are the nation's largest provider of service dogs for disabled American veterans.

https://www.k9sforwarriors.org/

WHAT IS IT ?

The Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate is probably our most popular event of the year, and it keeps getting bigger every year! We hold this tailgate at Fedex Field (in the parking lot) on the same day the Redskins hold their Draft Day Party, where fans can enjoy various events in the stadium.

The Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate is a massive tailgate that gathers tailgate groups and fans from all over the parking lots on regular game days into one central spot. The tailgate runs all day from Dawn till Dusk and is one big festival of fans. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening to tunes and chatting about the burgundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the place for you!

Please read this entire post for all the details!

WHEN IS IT ?

April 28th (Saturday). From Dawn until Dusk!

There will be a group of us there early for our ritualistic: "Shots at Dawn"

WHERE IS IT ?

Platinum A Lot at Fedex Field

The section is listed as A-PLATINUM on Fedex Field's Parking Guide you can see here:

http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/fedexfield-parking_guide-2015.pdf

We will be in the same spot as last year, which is on the outer edge of the solar power overhangs. We do this, so we have shade available to us and if it is a nice day, we can catch some rays.. plus the Redskins don't like folks cooking directly underneath the solar panels.

Here is the parking and directions page for Fedex Field (use directions for Platinum A parking):

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking-and-directions.html

WHO CAN COME ?

Absolutely everyone is welcome... the more the merrier! This particular tailgate is referred to as the Mega Tailgate, because we invite tailgate groups and fans from all over the parking lots on regular game days into one central spot. Think of it as a U.N. meeting of tailgates!

Fans from any team, their friends and their families are all welcome to join in the fun. We ask if you come to the tailgate, that you remember one thing... treat others as you would want to be treated! We do not tolerate any physical violence, threats, property damage, etc. at this tailgate! Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well). We have lots of kids at our tailgate!

WHAT CAN I DO ?

THIS IS IMPORTANT! We are a potluck style tailgate. What does that mean? The tailgate’s success depends on everyone’s participation! Rather than making monetary donations, we absolutely need people to bring food, drinks and supplies. We understand some folks coming from out of town are limited in what they can bring, so in those cases, monetary contributions are welcome (but not solicited). But for people who have the capability of bringing something, we can’t eat money (well we could, but it’s not that tasty). Please see the “Needed Items” section for what you can bring. But what do we really want to see? We want to see you bring your favorite special dishes. Something you make that you or others love to eat! We love to see new items at the tailgate, and that is what makes our tailgate special.

If you are bringing something that needs to be cooked at the tailgate, you can reach out in this thread or on our facebook group page to see if anyone has grill space (it’s up to you to coordinate with anyone who does). What I highly recommend is to bring your own portable grill. If you don’t have one, they can be bought pretty cheap, and once you make that investment, you too could be part of our core tailgating crew!

This tailgate has been around for quite a while. The thing that has really kept it going are our core tailgaters. These are folks who are the “heart” of this tailgate. These are the folks who come on a consistent basis (if not every game), and make significant donations in food, drinks and supplies. These are the folks you see at every tailgate cooking up food for everyone to enjoy. We have been very lucky to grab a core tailgater here and there over the years, but we are looking for more. If you want to join this elite group, please let us know!! We are always on the lookout for more!

Please try to post in this thread, or on our facebook group page what you are bringing. Please see our “Needed Items” section below, if you have questions on what to bring. The biggest thing we need of course is food & drinks!

WHO DO I CONTACT ?

You can get almost every question answered by posting in this thread, or on the Facebook event page.

If you have any specific questions or concerns that can't be answered there, please contact Huly or myself via PM or by emailing: pez@gwu.edu or skinshuly@gmail.com

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Again... please try to post your question in this thread. Most of the members in this thread are Tailgate veterans!

=========================================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Food:

•  - Hamburgers w/Buns

•  - Hot Dogs w/Buns

•  - Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns

•  - Grilled chicken / steak / etc

•  - Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)

•  - Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, etc)

•  - Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)

•  - Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)

•  - Chips with Dips, salsa, etc

•  

Drinks:

- Soda

- Water

•  - Beer
  •  - Liquor/Spirits & mixers - Contact Dale McCord
  •  

Supplies:

- Coolers with Ice

•  - Grills (we never have enough!)
  •  - Canopy's/Tents
  •  - Tables (another item we always need!)
  •  - Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)
  •  - Plastic Cups
  •  - Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)
  •  - Paper Plates
  •  - Napkins/Paper Towels
  • - Anything you may think would benefit the tailgate!
  •  

=========================================================================

Food List

•  - 1 Whole (120-140 lb) Roasted (on the spot) Pig (Pez/Huly)

Drink List

•  - 5 gallons adult punch (Pez/Huly)
  •  
  • Supply List
  •  - Flagpoles/Flags (Pez/Huly)
  •  - 1 Canopy (Pez/Huly)
  •  - 2 Tables (Pez/Huly)
  •  - 2 Chairs (Pez/Huly)
  •  - 1 Cooler w/Ice (Pez/Huly)

• TK pinned this topic

I haven't been to one of the tailgates yet, but I'm currently in a position I can come, however that said I am unsure what for instance hamburgers and buns means... Especially being a mega tailgate lol.  I'm guessing 6 burgers is not adequate, so what is a reasonable number of items for a mega tailgate?

22 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

I haven't been to one of the tailgates yet, but I'm currently in a position I can come, however that said I am unsure what for instance hamburgers and buns means... Especially being a mega tailgate lol.  I'm guessing 6 burgers is not adequate, so what is a reasonable number of items for a mega tailgate?

Welcome!!

No one is expected to bring enough food to feed 150 people;  that's not doable. Please bring what you can, and it will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Folks, please don't forget to step up and contribute food and supplies. We always need plates, plastic cutlery, napkins, etc.
Food is always needed too, it's a big crowd, so the more you bring, the better it is for everyone. THERE WILL BE NO BAR!  If you want to drink alcohol, bring your own.You should also plan on bringing your own soft drinks, water, etc.

It's almost here!!  
 As you know, we are very fortunate to have a band play at the tailgate. We're the only tailgate with a band.
 Sons of the Radio are a great, local band. You may have seen them during the season, playing near the Bud Light Pavilion, the Red Zone lot and on the club level. Yes, they're that good.  
These guys have been playing at the DDP tailgate party for years.
It's a very big deal and a large sacrifice for the band, they get there early,  set up, go hard and put on one Helluva show, break down and pack up. It's a lot of work. Oftentimes, they've played gigs the night before, or have to play later that night.
 The kicker is that they haven't been getting paid!!   They're using their own money for gas in the truck, the generator, etc. They have not asked for one thin dime, and they shouldn't have to ask.
We're better than that.  Let's help defray those costs, and put a few bucks in their pockets.

We will be soliciting contributions, (see my wife, Fran, or Huly, or me, Rick), to show how much we appreciate their great music, hard work and sacrifice, to help make this the greatest tailgate at FedEx Field.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

so im bringing 24 burgers and 10lbs of wings, my grill is very small though, so may need help with burgers, anyone got room on grill?

Sounds good!

There should be some grill space somewhere. I'm grilling some chicken, and a buddy of mine is using them too. When one of my grills is free, you're welcome to use it.

Just around for Rick or Fran.  I'll have a couple Weber kettles set up. You'll need to bring your own tongs and spatula. Charcoal wouldnt hurt either ?

53 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

got all that, ill have my one very small weber... but yes ill bring charcoal. and have spatula as well

i dont know anyone so how do we hook up?

Link for directions and parking are in the first post. You can't miss it, look for the yellow jeep with Extremeskins and Fan Captain flags.  

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Link for directions and parking are in the first post. You can't miss it, look for the yellow jeep with Extremeskins and Fan Captain flags.  

You forgot to tell him to ask around for that dude Huly. 

• TK unpinned this topic

Archived