Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

23 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

^^Su'a giving up his number to Swearinger. Just a little background, Swearinger wore 36 his entire career (including HS I believe) in honor of Sean, so this isn't entirely surprising. 

Su'a Cravens display name on tweeter is 'Suzy'?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKaYVgyZ3D7Xe3jSbggcK

DJ SwearingerVerified account @JungleBoi_Swagg 14m14 minutes ago

DJ Swearinger Retweeted HTTR

Nice

DJ Swearinger added,

HTTR @HTTRBNG4LIFE
@JungleBoi_Swagg I made you a highlight reel https://youtu.be/6SmgwwGHVd8 

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 20s20 seconds ago

Robbie Duncan Retweeted Robbie Duncan

I think my favorite pick besides Budda in the 2nd round is Jordan Willis in the 3rd. We need speed off the edge.

Robbie Duncan added,

C612Gh4WwAAbZZZ.jpg
Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan
#MockDraftMonday under the assumption that Cousins is the QB for 2017 & then moves on to the 49ers after that. Got the next QB in the 4th.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Steve Mariucci Retweeted Andrew Siciliano

Wow

Steve Mariucci added,

Andrew SicilianoVerified account @AndrewSiciliano
Only Reggie White (.85) and Lawrence Taylor (.79) averaged more sacks per game than DeMarcus Ware (.78). @NFLResearch

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 18h18 hours ago

Dont'a Hightower is scheduled to fly to Pittsburgh tonight. But storm also expected to hit New Jersey. So Mother Nature now figures into FA.

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk

D.J. Swearinger buys No. 36 from Su'a Cravens for $75,000

Darrell GreenVerified account @darrellgreen28 18h18 hours ago

Darrell Green Retweeted Hardaway

Please tell me this is fake news! Not exactly the inspiration our kids need today from their NFL heroes.

Darrell Green added,

Hardaway @TreyMoney__
@darrellgreen28 Do you Remember when this Man Said he Coming For your Title As Our Best corner Ever? ?https://twitter.com/dmvmusicplug/status/841036262043729922 
DMV
?Verified account @DmvMusicPlug
Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland (@Salute_me17) released his New Music Video entitled "Running Up a Check." ????#HTTR https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=lVV5fAhnGuc 

Pat KirwanVerified account @PatKirwanRFN 3m3 minutes ago

Andre Roberts caught 14 passes&1TD&got 1.8 m while A Boldin caught 67 & 8TDs on the same team& is still unemployed. Boldin makes QBs better

CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 9m9 minutes ago

Despite testy past, Terrelle Pryor is excited to team up with Josh Norman. read it in BRBN CSN

C637KmTVsAEq_AE.jpg

Cuz to Schefter: "Until the tag is removed from the equation…that's gonna frame the entirety of my agent's approach."

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 54m54 minutes ago

Cuz firmly denied that he "demanded" a trade. Says he basically just asked whether one was coming.

Schefter: "Do you see yourself in Washington long-term?"

Cuz: "Y'know, I see myself keeping an open mind."

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 51m51 minutes ago

Cuz to Schefter: "If the season goes the way everyone wants it to, then let's hope I'm getting tagged again!"

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 49m49 minutes ago

Cuz to Schefter: "I want to play with Terrelle Pryor. I thought that was a very great acquisition."

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 22m22 minutes ago

Schefter asked Cuz the best and worst part about "playing in Washington." Best: iconic franchise/fan-base. Worse: traffic, cost of living.

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 18m18 minutes ago

Cuz explained importance to him of God and Bible, at length. This is genuine. Said it before: evangelism more imp't to him than money.

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 17m17 minutes ago

Cuz to Schefter: "The negotiation process in general has been v~ positive for me. I'm happy with how things have transpired so far."

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 16m16 minutes ago

Might've missed it but I don't think Cuz used Bruce Allen's name or revealed direct opinion about him during course of 28-min interview.

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 12m12 minutes ago

Check that, Cuz did lump Allen in with Snyder as audience for trade "inquiry," but definitely did not address reported him-or-me ultimatum.

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog

Cuz to Schefter: "Until the tag is removed from the equation…that's gonna frame the entirety of my agent's approach."

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 27m27 minutes ago

ICYMI—Need to Know: The #Redskins’ defensive depth chart is up in dry erase marker, not Sharpie. read it in BRBN CSN

Son of Washington @SonofWashington 32m32 minutes ago

1. What people are not seeing is cousins going on a podcast to quell speculations because they're overblown. He didn't have to do this...

Son of Washington @SonofWashington 29m29 minutes ago

2...why go on to talk about anything if he was so adamant about leaving the team and try to quash speculations? That's counter effective

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 22h22 hours ago

People will probably laugh at this now, but I think Matt Ioannidis is going to play a bigger role this year.

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk 18m18 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins says he never demanded a trade during conversation with Dan Snyder

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 10m10 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins on @AdamSchefter podcast: "I’ve had really positive interactions with Mr. Snyder throughout this entire offseason." #Redskins

Al Galdi @AlGaldi 2m2 minutes ago

There are many excellent people who cover the #Redskins. But there's also bias that's led to half-truths, misinformation & overreaction.

Checked The Tape @TheCasualHero 11m11 minutes ago

Kirk first born child is due during #Redskins week 2 game. That'll be fun. ??

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora 9m9 minutes ago

To reiterate what I reported last week - Cousins never demanded trade. Would welcome one to right teams. Still could sign new deal w/Skins

HapExtremeskins @HapHaszard 10s10 seconds ago

Massive backtracking on Kirk Cousins by certain media types.

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 2m2 minutes ago

Full answer from @KirkCousins8 regarding recent conversations w #Redskins owner Dan Snyder(@AdamSchefter podcast):

C64uDEXWoAAjRer.jpg

Ed WerderVerified account @Edwerderespn 6m6 minutes ago

Ed Werder Retweeted Thomas Johnson

He specifically challenges use of the word "demanded." That was not how the conversation was characterized by @mortreport

Ed Werder added,

Thomas Johnson @sparxreaper
@Edwerderespn you correction doesn't change the fact he said did neither.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

John Keim Retweeted Ed Werder

Original report was: Inquired about a trade. in essence, Cousins said in podcast that's how it eventually became termed by the public.

John Keim added,

Ed WerderVerified account @Edwerderespn
He specifically challenges use of the word "demanded." That was not how the conversation was characterized by @mortreport https://twitter.com/sparxreaper/status/841659835955445760 

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 2h2 hours ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Eric Jacobs

If position is unsettled should draft one every year. Seems unsettled now. Only question is, what round.

Rich Tandler added,

Eric Jacobs @ejwin44
@Rich_TandlerCSN @jrr0206 always have to be developing a young qb - very few of them start every game and well, ya' never know.

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 17m17 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Curt Kuzinz

No. Last year’s two biggest impact signing came on March 31 (Vernon Davis) and later in April (Josh Norman)

Rich Tandler added,

Curt Kuzinz @CKuzinz
@Rich_TandlerCSN do you think we are done making signings?

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 21m21 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Terez A. Paylor

With all of this hitting cap and #Redskins sitting with about $14 million in cap space, this would have been tough to match.

Rich Tandler added,

Terez A. PaylorVerified account @TerezPaylor
Bennie Logan’s 1-year deal includes a $6.68M base salary - which is fully guaranteed - a $1M signing bonus & a $15,625k 46-man roster bonus.

Burgundy Blog liked

He is NEVER going to get CHEAPER for the Redskins, and the team's leverage is never going to get STRONGER. So either pay, or trade now.

Scott AllenVerified account @ScottSAllen 2h2 hours ago

Kirk Cousins says he inquired with Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen about their interest in trading him  read it in BRBN WP

CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 24m24 minutes ago

RT—Whether or not Cousins is traded in ‘17, #Redskins still might need a QB in 2018 so looking makes plenty of sense read it in BRBN CSN

Mr. Irrelevant @MrIrrelevantDC 5m5 minutes ago

Mr. Irrelevant Retweeted JP Finlay

What struck me about this conversation is how dedicated Cousins is to improving and having a long career, in DC or elsewhere. Sign the dude.

Mr. Irrelevant added,

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN
Well done transcription of Kirk Cousins on Schefter's podcast. Nice job @bfrantz202. Decide for yourself http://buff.ly/2n6inaf 

Steve Czaban @czabe 7m7 minutes ago

Steve Czaban Retweeted SAQdaddy

MY OPINION is that Kirk won't sign for less than $25M AAV. That's all. No reports.

Steve Czaban added,

SAQdaddy @saqdaddy
@czabe Where did you hear that? I thought it was $23-24m w/ first 3 yrs gtd. Close anyway, but who's reporting $25mil as a drop dead #?

Archived