Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 19m19 minutes ago

It's going to me more than a minute to process, but the @AlbertBreer article certainly more balanced than most on this subject to date.

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 12m12 minutes ago

At least the 2nd time recently somebody reported GMSM wanted to extend Cousins early on. Here, Breer's work makes unclear if 100% true.

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 12m12 minutes ago

I certainly recall GMSM talking about building a 53-man roster and not just paying one guy when the topic of Kirk's contract came up before.

Post SportsVerified account @PostSports 4m4 minutes ago

Despite tumult, Redskins will find "no shortage" of GM job-seekers, one analyst says  read it in BRBN WP

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 7m7 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted ESPN 980

Meshes with what Gruden said at combine: “I’d like to see how he does with the injury behind him and see where he’s at mentally."

John Keim added,

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980
#Redskins DC Greg Manusky w/ @thecooleyzone & @kevins980 on D Hall - "Across the board we'd like him back to see what he has left..."

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 7m7 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted ESPN 980

Interesting listen. Manusky views both McClain and McGee as 3-4 ends, specifically called McGee the LE (cited length). Looking for a NT

Mark Bullock added,

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980
#ICYMI: Audio from @Redskins def. coord. Greg Manusky talking w/ @thecooleyzone & @kevins980 is now online http://www.espn980.com/?p=80643 

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 6m6 minutes ago

Manusky said Swearinger more the back end guy (meaning FS) while Cravens more in the box (meaning SS), which is as it should be.

Bashaud BreelandVerified account @Salute_me17 47m47 minutes ago

Starting to feel like u want me out all these negative articles on my name Haha guess what I wouldn't give 2fks life goes on!!!!!!!!!!!

Bashaud BreelandVerified account @Salute_me17 56m56 minutes ago

Me and Scott had a unique relationship have the up most respect for that man nothing but good vibes to me since he been here point blank ..

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 12m12 minutes ago

RT—His contract may have to be reworked but it looks like DeAngelo Hall will get a shot at a 10th season w/#Redskins  read it in BRBN CSN

Manusky says Hall will get another shot. I like Hall but if he has any role in Plan A, it's a bad plan.

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 5m5 minutes ago

Hall must absolutely not be counted on to start, and he makes no sense as a backup safety, who should be playing specials.

Veteran DB Darius Butler has another round of visits scheduled, starting with Washington today. Colts want him back. Visited CHI already

Burgundy BlogVerified account @BurgundyBlog 1h1 hour ago

W~ McC out of picture, hard-line BPA (best player available) draft strategy will soften considerably. #Redskins drafting defense in 1st.

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 11m11 minutes ago

Ben Standig Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Huge need plugged by a huge guy.

Ben Standig added,

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
The Falcons and DT Dontari Poe agree to a 1-year deal worth $8M, source said. He can make up to $10M with incentives.

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 32m32 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Looking more and more like the #Redskins will have to find a starting NT in the draft.

Rich Tandler added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
Per source, Dontari Poe agrees to terms with Falcons.

I think you need to let me learn ya something

Eric BickelVerified account @EBJunkies 21m21 minutes ago

Eric Bickel Retweeted JP Finlay

16 career tackles in 62 games played? yikes

Mark Bullock Retweeted T M

Interesting. I remember @JimmyKempski saying he had heard some things about Cravens off the field before the draft last year

Mark Bullock added,

C7D9wjBWYAAhI-_.jpg
T M @reshmanuel
Re: @AlbertBreer's Skins article from earlier, is this a "thing" with Cravens? http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140816/usc-safety-sua-cravens-clashed-with-teammates-over-miscommunication 

The Redskins signed free agent linebacker Chris Carter and are hosting his former Colts teammate, defensive back Darius Butler, a source said. Butler, a former second-round pick by New England, played a variety of roles with Indianapolis last season: corner, nickel corner and safety. He provides depth in the secondary for Washington. Carter will be with his fifth organization since entering the NFL in 2011. He has primarily been a backup.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

The thing with Cravens is, he isn't even an elite athlete. So if he isn't a try-hard "football player" what is he? Gotta be tough and put in the work in the NFL, especially when you have his metrics, which aren't good for a LB or S.

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 27m27 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted ES RWJ

Yep. Terence Garvin’s replacement.

Rich Tandler added,

ES RWJ @rwj64
@Rich_TandlerCSN Probably STmer like the LB we signed from the Steelers last year.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 4m4 minutes ago

Clemson had their Pro Day today. Skins sent an area scout. Top prospects included QB Watson, CB Tankersley, DT Watkins.

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl 15m15 minutes ago

Adam Caplan Retweeted Jordan Raanan

I wish him well, but we're at the "Filene's Basement" (Polian term) stage of free agency (sizeable discounts).

Adam Caplan added,

Jordan RaananVerified account @JordanRaanan
Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.

Archived