Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

Chris Baker is in a good spot. Redskins talking to him. Likely an offer Tues. but: others have come strong too. Wanted man.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 17m17 minutes ago

At combine, the perception of the Redskins is that of a franchise ‘in disarray’ - The Washington Post  read it in BRBN WP

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 8h8 hours ago

The Redskins signed coach Jay Gruden to a two-year extension, according to a source. Gruden is entering the...  Articles posted on BRBN including this one

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 8h8 hours ago

Suddenly watching Redskins twitter be a happy group tonight. Last few nights have been rough.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL

After Malik Hooker, next best true FS (meaning, centre fielder) is Marcus Williams from Utah, imo

Al Galdi @AlGaldi 2h2 hours ago

Just waking up to news of the #JayGruden extension. Yet another good sign for #KirkCousins LTD. Optimism rising. #Redskins #BelieveThat

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 2h2 hours ago

Two additional years for Jay Gruden. One addition edition of Need to Know up on Real #Redskins  read it in BRBN CSN

Burgundy Burner and Checked The Tape liked

If you are really paying attention in the mist of all the drama with certain media outlets, it was Kiem that reported the ext. I wonder why?

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 8h8 hours ago

For all the negativity surrounding #Redskins this offseason, the team has won 17 games in two years. Totally justified to extend Gruden here

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 8h8 hours ago

This sense of continuity with a Redskins head coach is mind bottling

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14

Gruden was entering year 4 of a 5-year deal. He's now signed through 2020. Can't overstate how big this is at a tough time for #Redskins

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 18m18 minutes ago

League source confirmed Gruden extension w #Redskins late last night. Sorry I fell asleep. First reported by @john_keim

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis

I concur with @john_keim from what I was told here in Indy, Pierre Garcon won't be back with Redskins. Also no way on Romo/draftpick talk.

Kevin Sheehan @kevins980 34m34 minutes ago

Gruden ext is...1) about Jay 2) for Kirk 3) to sell free agents on stability 4) to create look they did all they could to sign KC. #Redskins

Eric BickelVerified account @EBJunkies 21m21 minutes ago

Move could go 2 ways. Signals to Kirk his HC & offense will be here awhile. But also gives Jay the security to try someone else.

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 14m14 minutes ago

3 reasons why contract extension for Jay Gruden makes sense for #Redskins  read it in BRBN CSN

yesterday's news in BRBN (wink)

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 40m40 minutes ago

League source confirmed Gruden extension w #Redskins late last night. Sorry I fell asleep. First reported by @john_keim

@JPFinlayCSN wait I first reported that u fell asleep?

Mark Phillips @RedskinsReview 24m24 minutes ago

@john_keim @JPFinlayCSN Was there independent confirmation?

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 14m14 minutes ago

Norv didn't like Snyder and didn't want extension, but did so to let son play senior year as QB. Fired 13 games in, Norv was relieved to go.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 20m20 minutes ago

Snyder extended Norv and fired him before it was over. Snyder wanted to hire - really - Haslett. But Norv won '99 division title.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 23m23 minutes ago

Gruden's extension really means nothing. If Snyder wants to fire him later it's just more exit pay.

Read this RTD article in BRBN

Junior GaletteVerified account @JovaisG 8m8 minutes ago

Junior Galette Retweeted Darrell Green

Both Darrell But not being able to play and having no control of it as well smh I'll be back ????

Junior Galette added,

Darrell GreenVerified account @darrellgreen28
Just so the young kids coming up can learn from you. Which thing makes your heart skip a beat, the people asking or the injury itself? https://twitter.com/jovaisg/status/837840933223825408 

Martin Collinson @redskinsfanuk 28m28 minutes ago

Reading of the 2 year extension for Jay Gruden. Good move IMO - he's earned it. Stability and a strong signal to Cousins.

In December, Cousins said he values continuity. Will #Redskins extension of Gruden give him what he wants?  read it in BRBN CSN

Junior GaletteVerified account @JovaisG 41m41 minutes ago

Junior Galette Retweeted Keith

I can say I will slow down all I want but once I'm on the field it's impossible but I can train less prior to camp

Junior Galette added,

Keith @Kgskins26
@JovaisG so what's your mindset going into camp? Don't push as hard so you can avoid freak accidents or don't change a thing an go hard?

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 25m25 minutes ago

JP Finlay Retweeted Eric Bickel

Agree. If can't get a deal done w Kirk then Jay isn't trying a new QB AND going into lame duck year

JP Finlay added,

Eric BickelVerified account @EBJunkies
Move could go 2 ways. Signals to Kirk his HC & offense will be here awhile. But also gives Jay the security to try someone else.

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer 23s24 seconds ago

Texas A&M freak show Myles Garrett: 6-4, 272 pounds, 4.64 40-yard dash, 41-inch vertical, 10-foot-8 broad jump, 33 bench reps at 225 lbs.

Jason ReidVerified account @JReidESPN 10h10 hours ago

Great news for Jay and all, but team extended a HC who is 21-26-1, missed playoffs 2 of 3 years and lost two must-win games in last month.

Archived