Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Roster Thread: Up to date as of 8/29 @ 8:34 PM EST

KDawg

Coach, are you going to do this through cutdowns and on cutdown day?    :wub:

I was gonna recommend Gallen for that one, if you aren't.

I was planning on it. It may not be up to the minute... Hahaha. But I'll check redskins.com for roster updates through that and keep this one up to date (I'll include the date AND the time I updated, for people who want to bust my balls :))

I was planning on it. It may not be up to the minute... Hahaha. But I'll check redskins.com for roster updates through that and keep this one up to date (I'll include the date AND the time I updated, for people who want to bust my balls :))

Cutdown day is it's own animal. :lol:

As long as you are not doing two a days during that I'm stoked for you. 

FYI, Biggers and Moore have not yet been added to the roster. So there isn't an update. Just thought I'd give an update about the updates that aren't being updated.

I find it odd that there's a press release for Biggers but he's not yet on the roster. Oh well!

Not sure Maysonet is on the roster - looks like he's a Steeler: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/07/steelers-sign-miguel-maysonet-to-reservefuture-deal/

Also -  I read somewhere it doesn't appear they are bringing Dezmon Briscoe back. Could someone confirm?

Also - looks like DaJohn Harris is on the roster as DL. Needs to be confirmed.

http://www.redskins.com/team/players.html

Maysonet is still on the roster. Harris isn't (whether this is true or not is irrelevant, given how they're listed on Redskins.com and that's what this roster is based off of for the time being). And Briscoe is still technically an RFA, so he'll stay there until he's not re-signed or someone else picks him up AND the 'Skins update their roster. It's painfully slow with how they're updating and I may switch to a different roster source at some point.

Maysonet is definitely on the Steelers. Briscoe is an UFA. There is no technicality. He was not tendered. 

Again,

I'm basing this one the redskins.com roster.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm listing it how they do.

If the new guys aren't added and other changes aren't made in a few days, I'll use a different source.

OP Update:

Redskins.com updated their roster (finally). They don't have DJax or Clark listed but I went ahead and added them anyways.

So things of note in the update:

-# changes. All of our new FAs have numbers besides DJax and Clark (who aren't on roster). Some returning players had their numbers changed (examples: Will Compton, Adrian Robinson).

-Mike McGlynn is listed as an OT. Which is the one spot we didn't expect him to play. I suspect it's a mistake on their end.

-Miguel Maysonet was removed from the roster. Finally.

Here's my current roster prediction, using the CURRENT roster as guidance and not considering any additions or draft choices:

TEAM (53)

DEFENSE (26)

SECONDARY (10):

Cornerback (5):

39 David Amerson

20 Richard Crawford

23 DeAngelo Hall

26 Tracy Porter

30 EJ Biggers

Safety (5):

24 Bacarri Rambo

41 Phillip Thomas

00 Ryan Clark

31 Brandon Merriweather

48 Jose Gumbs

DEFENSIVE LINE (8):

Defensive End (5):

72 Stephen Bowen

97 Jason Hatcher

99 Jarvis Jenkins

90 Doug Worthington

94 Clifton Geathers

Nose Tackle (3):

92 Chris Baker

96 Barry Cofield

95 Chris Neild

LINEBACKERS (8):

Inside Linebacker (5):

53 Darryl Sharpton

55 Adam Hayward

54 Akeem Jordan

56 Perry Riley

52 Keenan Robinson

Outside Backer (3):

91 Ryan Kerrigan

51 Brandon Jenkins

98 Brian Orakpo

OFFENSE (24)

OFFENSIVE LINE (9)

78 Kory Lichtensteiger

73 Adam Gettis

79 Maurice Hurt

77 Shawn Lauvao

67 Josh LeRibeus

75 Mike McGlynn

71 Trent Williams

74 Tyler Polumbus

68 Tom Compton

RUNNING BACKS (4)

Fullback (1):

36 Darrel Young

29 Roy Helu Jr

46 Alfred Morris

25 Chris Thompson

QUARTERBACKS (2):

Quarterback (2):

10 Robert Griffin III

12 Kirk Cousins

WIDE RECEIVERS (6)

Wide Receiver (6)

88 Pierre Garcon

85 Leonard Hankerson

89 Santana Moss

00 Andre Roberts

11 Aldrick Robinson

00 Desean Jackson

TIGHT ENDS (3):

Tight End (3):

84 Niles Paul

82 Logan Paulsen

86 Jordan Reed

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

2 Kai Forbath

3 Robert Malone

57 Nick Sundberg

I think we got to get another olb bring back Jackson instead of Worthington

Well, we don't have one right now that I think is worth keeping... So I left it at 3 OLBs. I fully expect us to keep four, though.

Plus, I wonder if Hayward can play out there a little bit. Which is why I kept 5 ILBs on my "prediction" roster.

I understand the prediction looks great and so does this thread. Good job. I still think we need to add a few more depth signings and would like to see Polumbus, Paulson, and Chester replaced. Maybe all in house with d young, gettis and Compton plus draft picks.

I do not think heyward is an olb in a 3-4 from what I have heard. Similar to kehl from last year.

I understand the prediction looks great and so does this thread. Good job. I still think we need to add a few more depth signings and would like to see Polumbus, Paulson, and Chester replaced. Maybe all in house with d young, gettis and Compton plus draft picks.

I do not think heyward is an olb in a 3-4 from what I have heard. Similar to kehl from last year.

I'll admit, I know virtually nothing about Hayward. So I did some guesswork there.

Archived