Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers questionable again. How bad is his injury?

Drockvb

I see that Rogers is listed as questionable. I have a feeling maybe his injury is pretty bad. A torn bicep takes time to heal but how long? Carlos was starting to show some real playmaking abilities before he got hurt. It sure would be nice to have him as soon as possible. So, does anybody have any good information about his progress and or this type of injury? Thank you dudes, and beat the EAGLES.

Torn bicep, out for the season. Not many players can play with a torn bicep. The injury always ends up in the player headed for injured reserve. I wouldn't look for Rogers anymore this season. It's a shame because he was turning into our best defensive back.

I've liked what I've seen from Rogers but these injuries are starting to worry me a tad. I hope that he doesn't become one of those players that looks great when he's on the field but rarely sees the field.

Why do you say that? He happens to get two completely different injuries and now he's injury prone? This is football we are talking about, and injuries happen.

Jason

Why do you say that? He happens to get two completely different injuries and now he's injury prone? This is football we are talking about, and injuries happen.

Jason

that may be, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get a little concerned as well. Seems like he's only been healthy for a total of 2 weeks since spring mini camps :doh:

Jason

Personally, I'd be less concerned if Carlos was suffering through the same injury. I have my reservations about his ability to stay healthy as well.

that may be, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get a little concerned as well. Seems like he's only been healthy for a total of 2 weeks since spring mini camps :doh:

Funny, he's played in 12 games this season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419829/gamelogs/2005

Just because he wasn't starting doesn't mean he wasn't playing.

Jason

ya im definately concerned this guy has shone he can be a leader and an elite defensive player and it seems he's a dedicated skin already. I'm not sure if you can say injury prone because anything seems to happen to anybody in this league a lot of it is just unfortunate happenings, but ya a torn bicep---that sounds incredibly painful i wouldn't be surprised if he was put on the injured reserve but i hope not weare gonna need him

Guys, we already got passed Bledsoe and Eli, and NEITHER of them were able to tear up our secondary with the pass, so the absense of Carlos tomorrow will not make TOO much of a difference for our defense, as Mike McMahon is not too much of a passing threat, in fact, he is terrible.

However, I will be disappointed if we get into the playoffs with him unable to play for us in such tough games.

The problem with a torn muscle is no matter how small the tear, even the slightest effort can make it a WHOLE lot worse. Im personally glad that theyre taking their time with him on this one. If he gets better for the playoffs then thats where we are gonna need him the most.

Thankyou for the dose of reality Longshot, your posts are always informative and fun to read.

Funny, he's played in 12 games this season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/419829/gamelogs/2005

Just because he wasn't starting doesn't mean he wasn't playing.

Jason

the coaching staff referenced his injuries several times as reasons why he wasn't in the lineup or starting early on. when commenting on Rogers' play when he got the starting job, Gregg Williams himself said 'it is good to finally have him healthy' or something to that effect.

I'm not going to search them all for you, but they're out there if you want to do the work.

And yes, you can still be injured and be on the active roster and even play, that means nothing. You're still hampered by injury.

I dont think he will play this week,but I am 90% sure if we get into the playoffs rogers will be healed enough to play in our first game.

Gibbs said he recently began to take more work at practice,not practice practice,but more more physical stuff in rehab. So I believe he will be ready and practicing by next week if we can beat philly.

if our DB situation gets worse(shawn springs is playing with groin and back injuries), maybe we shoud put a WR at CB just like the pats do with troy brown

Who do you put out there? Receiving corps isn't exactly healthy either, and a couple are having a hard enough time getting into the game as receivers.

Archived