Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have skins perfected the trio package of Portis, Moss, and Cooley?

WeBB15

I mean it seems like week in and week out, those 3 or at least 2 have very good games, even when the defense lets up... If we cant run. we do a screen to Cooley or Moss, if we cant pass just pound the ball with Portis, we've seemed to be doing this to perfection lately.

Imagine how good these guys are gonna be with a mobile Qb aka Campbell in the next few years if they all stay.

Are we seeing the most out of these three right now or will it get better/worse?

Yeah thats what I was thinking, if they all stayed together for several years and we'll probably get a decent WR through the next few years and thatll help Moss and Cooley also, then thatll open the running game for Portis even more.

i kinda figured you meant wide out, but i dont assume. I agree, we could use a definate no. 2 wideout. I mean if we had like a Reggie Wayne our offense could explode. Im sure Gibbs is going to look at Patten's status come the end of the season, and see if that's an area that we need to address. But then again, if you look at it, Moss has gotten open, whether he had a no. 2 reciever or not, and how many formations do the skins run where there is only 1 reciever split wide, and 2 TE's or RBs? Just a thought

Moss is good enough that he'll get his. But I'm not concerned with individual stats. I want team stats. I would rather have both an 1100-yard WR and a 900-yard WR than one 1500-yard WR. Yes, our offense works adequately with Moss alone. That doesn't mean it couldn't be better if we got someone to compliment him.

There's only one football to go around. I would tend to agree with the poster about finding a possession receiver of some sort (Monk clone if you will). The Skins were lucky in Gibbs v1.0 to have Monk, Clark, and Sanders but with the salary cap, there's no way you'd be able to afford all three in today's NFL.

BTW, I think of Cooley = Didier+.

If Ramsey plays, I just hope he does not forget Cooley. Ramsey has a big arm and he is not a short pass thrower, hopefully he has learned from Brunell.

That's foolish. Ramsey's favorite target was Cooley last year. Wasn't all the worry in the preseason the lack of timing with Moss and Ramsey? Patten was getting a WHOLE lot more passes than with Brunell.

That's foolish. Ramsey's favorite target was Cooley last year. Wasn't all the worry in the preseason the lack of timing with Moss and Ramsey? Patten was getting a WHOLE lot more passes than with Brunell.

yea i remember patten tearing it up in preseason, moss was always getting under or overthrown. to me i think we just need a solid QB( Brunell has done more than expected) but if we can fine someone who can see the whole field. hopefuly Cambell will answer the call when his time comes.

Archived