Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Seattle handled the crowd noise

RichmondRedskin88

What crowd noise? As quiet as the crowd was, they might as well have played in Seattle!! Idiots were actually making more noise when the offense was out there at times shouting "RG3, RG3..." #totalfanletdown

Were you at the game? That's really disappointing to hear if that's true...

I disagree. It was definitely loud. Not at the Dallas level but that place was definitely rocking during the first. Someone accused Danny of pumping crowd noise through the PA tonight, and looking back it actually kinda made sense there in about the third quarter because it would be kind of a lull and all of a sudden it would seem like the crowd just came alive at the exact same time on every first and third down.

I was at both the Dallas game and Seattle; they were both loud. Anyone that says the 12th man didn't bring it yesterday is just wrong. There were a few very muted RGIII chants while on offense, but I didn't feel it was as bad as what we've seen in the past. Seattle got a delay of game penalty and they had to call a timeout at one point, so again as I said the crowd was far from quiet. (Someone said last week that television sometimes mutes the sound a bit so they can hear the announcers.) After the timeout I also noticed that Wilson was under center more often than in the shotgun.

As for the QB tapping the center, I've seen a lot of teams do that. I suppose it has to be done discretely in a sense that while that in and of itself isn't illegal, if he taps does it too intently the ref could call a false start. But so far as I know it isn't against the rules.

I've never heard FedEx louder. I've been to a lot of games. I saw maybe 10 Seahawks fans all night. It was a sea of burgundy. The fans did their job until Lynch scored the go ahead td. After that it got quiet. Then RGIII got hurt and the crowd was understandably silent.

Yeah, it was plenty loud. I think the crowd tried throughout the game. There were folks chanting RGIII behind me on offense and though their intent was good (I think they were trying to inspire) it was dumb. We tried to quiet them down.

Things I couldn't tell from my seats had to do with some reffing. I couldn't believe a trip wasn't called once on Seatle and that tackle before the ball got there in the fourth was a terrible noncall. Overall, it seemed like Seatle outplayed us after the second so I wasn't too outraged by the result. Still, sigh...

I've never heard FedEx louder. I've been to a lot of games. I saw maybe 10 Seahawks fans all night. It was a sea of burgundy. The fans did their job until Lynch scored the go ahead td. After that it got quiet. Then RGIII got hurt and the crowd was understandably silent.
The crowd supported the Skins completely yesterday. The crowd did everything it could do to disrupt Seattle's offense. Any comment to the contrary is just not true.

Exactly

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?378500-12th-Man-vs-Seattle-Jan-6th-2013

yeah i was at the game sitting in the loge section and the crowd was loud. agree with what most people said, definitely the loudest ive ever heard FedEx Field get. but yeah the 4th quarter really seemed to get to the fans a bit. still, great season and could not have been any prouder of the skins, and the loyal fans :) here's to a healthy RG3 next season and hope we beat Seattle in the regular season :)

What crowd noise? As quiet as the crowd was, they might as well have played in Seattle!! Idiots were actually making more noise when the offense was out there at times shouting "RG3, RG3..." #totalfanletdown

What crowd noise? Are you dumb? That was the loudest FedEx has ever been. Not sure where you were, and it's hard to get really excited when we never crossed into Seattle territory after the 1st quarter. Redskins had a huge home field advantage and couldn't capitalize.

Archived