Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer genius needed

rdsknbill

Morning folks.

I haven't been on for a while. Son getting engaged and the whole family thing. Anywho.

I need some help PLEASE. I am on the B.O.D. of a social club and we recently had an incident that required us to pull footage off of our CCTV surveillance system. The file is in a DRV file format (NOT DVR. Not a typo). And we are having a hell of a time finding a way to convert it to avi. We need this video not only for our records, but also if the accused tries to fight us on their suspension through legal means.

Thanks

rdsknbill

• 2 months later...

I'm going to bump this instead of starting another computer help thread. Can someone explain to me why my Virus Software (symantec) is logging a denial of service every 10 minutes or so from my own computer. The IP address it's logging is 192.168.1.4, which is the fourth (port?) from my own computer, correct?

I'm going to bump this instead of starting another computer help thread. Can someone explain to me why my Virus Software (symantec) is logging a denial of service every 10 minutes or so from my own computer. The IP address it's logging is 192.168.1.4, which is the fourth (port?) from my own computer, correct?

192.168.1.4:27

To make this simple, the bolded part represents an individual computer and the underlined part would be a port number. So in this case it's reporting that whatever machine is using the IP 192.168.1.4 (probably yours) is launching the attack. You can generally expect any computer with a 192.168.1.x address to be part of a local area network (e.g., your home network) that has to go through a router to connect to the internet (the router has internal and external IPs and directs traffic to computers in the LAN as necessary).

Run Malwarebytes on your machine. It probably has some sort of spyware. I don't really put a lot of faith in Symantec to get the job done, anyway.

I'm running MalWarebytes now...we'll see what it comes up with.

---------- Post added February-1st-2013 at 06:05 PM ----------

Malwarebytes shows nothing...man, I really don't want to have to go through that bleepingcomputer process again.

Try this too, I've found it a great help on machines with a rootkit. link

Nah, I've used TDSSKiller before, but it turned up nothing. Weird. Other than the Symantec popup, my computer appears to be functioning normally and none of my programs are finding any issues.

The take the Symantec stuff off, it's probably the issue. :ols:

Archived