Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Referee Wayne Elliott talkes to FOX Philly about Rams VS Redskins game and Monday Night Game

skinsforlife101

Hi guys Fox 29 in Philly just aired this segment in their sports report this morning. Replacement Ref Wayne Elliott talks about the fighting during the Redskins VS Rams game and the blown call in the Monday Night game. He talksabout the Redskins VS Rams game at about two minuet mark.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/19667433/replacement-ref-from-seattle-green-bay-game-defends-decision

Yeah, if he's willing to defend such a terrible call in the GB-SEA game then I'm not surprised he is in complete denial with how he handled Skins-Rams. This guy was saying the same stuff to TMZ. Newsflash, your poor job caused the NFL to reach an agreement with the real refs, so while we do have your inability to thank for that, you shouldn't go around defending moves which the consensus views as terrible. What sympathy you had for being in a difficult position is going to wear thinner and thinner that way.

For the amount of training these guys have had, they didn't do bad. Now I'm not saying they did a good job, but considering what training at a high level these guys had, the job they did wasn't bad. The regular refs have been doing this for years, yet they make a lot of bad calls each week as well, not to the extent maybe, but bad all the same.

The only way to end the majority of these bad calls is to do what I've felt the NFL should have done years ago. Make a minor league that's played during the summer, like they did with NFL Europe, and have the normal officials ref those games. The refs need to have 1 job, and that's being an NFL ref. Not, ok, the seasons over, now I can go back to the law firm or w/e their regular job is.

I agree with Symbol. Those guys were bad, but given their backgrounds, I really don't place all the blame on them. I blame the league and the cheap owners who rule it. The replacement refs did not lobby or ask to call NFL games. They were called on to fill in because of the impasse with the regular officials. None of those guys was ready for the speed of the NFL, and certainly not for the complexity of some of the rules. The league shouldn't have put them out there if they weren't prepared.....and most of them were not. The league really dropped the ball in its handling of this whole situation. And I'm sure you all read the story about the side judge who was scheduled BY THE LEAGUE to call a Saints game, but he had a photo on his Facebook page in which he was wearing Saints attire. Not only that, but on his page, among his "likes" was the New Orleans Saints. Come on. League security is like the mafia; it's mind-numbing to me that they couldn't catch something like that beforehand.

Archived