Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Knowing Starting QB

CapnRedskins

Apparently, ****ahan didn't even tell his players who was gonna be the starting QB until today! I hate this man! How unorganized can you get?! Jabar Gaffney was asked when he was last on a team that didn't know who the starting QB was and he said, "Not since college." That is an unacceptable lack of organization and people wonder why I've been so hard on him!

That is pretty crazy. It's one thing for the media and fans to be kept in the dark, but another to keep your team out of the know. I'm not sure how much difference it makes, afterall, a post is still a post and an eight yard curl is still an eight yard curl, but still, certain qbs are better at certain things which might help for receiver or line prep.

Wait for it......wait for it.....

Mike probably knows he has 2 schmuck QB's on the roster and that he was wrong to go into the season with them. But why let the opposing team know who to game plan for? Like that would matter anyway.

Interesting perspective but why not at least tell your own players?

It really does appear that the Shanahan years are impossibly bad. Consider this:

Matthews/Wuerffel

182/329 55.3% 1970yards 6.0avg 14td 12int 72.11qbr (sacked 20 times)

Grossman/Beck

193/329 58.7% 2205yards 6.7avg 8td 15int 68.0qbr (sacked 27 times)

Wins:

Shanahan needs to win 3 more games to match the winning total of Spurrier and Zorn (each won 12 in two seasons).

Scoring:

We need to average 13.3 points per game over the last 7 games to have scored more than Zorn's offense did in two season.

We need to average 22.3 points per game over the last 7 games to score more than Spurrier's offense managed in two season.

We've average 12.3 ppg in the last 7 games. (ouch)

Shanahan's first two season may be the worst since Dan Snyder bought the skins in terms of offense and winning.

ESPNRadio980 ESPN 980

Mike Shanahan says it will be a constant evaluation between QB's as to who will start, he did not start Beck... fb.me/VlOVUAcP

In other words, he's clueless. Just pick a level of suck and stick with it already. Swallow a lil pride before you lose the locker room like Zorn did.

Gaffney needs to shut up. I really like him, too, but the last two weeks his complaining to the media and letting them know exactly how he feels is getting annoying. Even if Shanny was wrong to do so, go talk to the coach about it. Don't friggin mention it to the media so they can go and run with it, damnit.

Very stupid of him. Oh, and friggin Doc Walker knew about the change beforehand, so Gaffney not knowing is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. To me, that means he's not paying attention. Gaffney should also take into account that REX AND BECK SPLIT FIRST TEAM REPS DURING PRACTICE. HELLO!?

You know, now that I think about it Gaffney probably didn't mean anything by it and I just got all angry because the OP is accusatory for no damn reason. If so, I apologize for being influenced like that.

who cares? It's the same result either way.

It's the principle of the matter. You're not supposed to keep your own players in the dark. How can anyone expect this man to have a winning season with this lack of organization. He will lose the locker room if he hasn't already.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

Gaffney needs to shut up. I really like him, too, but the last two weeks his complaining to the media and letting them know exactly how he feels is getting annoying. Even if Shanny was wrong to do so, go talk to the coach about it. Don't friggin mention it to the media so they can go and run with it, damnit.

Very stupid of him. Oh, and friggin Doc Walker knew about the change beforehand, so Gaffney not knowing is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. To me, that means he's not paying attention. Gaffney should also take into account that REX AND BECK SPLIT FIRST TEAM REPS DURING PRACTICE. HELLO!?

You know, now that I think about it Gaffney probably didn't mean anything by it and I just got all angry because the OP is accusatory for no damn reason. If so, I apologize for being influenced like that.

Even if the players are splitting reps it's not too much to ask that the players know who's playing for them before the day of. The fact that he could've started either one is more of a reason for him to let his guys know in advance.

It's the principle of the matter. You're not supposed to keep your own players in the dark. How can anyone expect this man to have a winning season with this lack of organization. He will lose the locker room if he hasn't already.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

Even if the players are splitting reps it's not too much to ask that the players know who's playing for them before the day of. The fact that he could've started either one is more of a reason for him to let his guys know in advance.

Again, Doc knew about it beforehand. Again, Gaffney needs to shut up and go talk to his coach if he doesn't like it. Let me ask you this, if you don't like the coach "keeping his (poor little pansy) players in the dark" about who's going to start at QB, do you like a player airing it out to the media? Which is worse and even more divisive?

Again, Doc knew about it beforehand. Again, Gaffney needs to shut up and go talk to his coach if he doesn't like it. Let me ask you this, if you don't like the coach "keeping his (poor little pansy) players in the dark" about who's going to start at QB, do you like a player airing it out to the media? Which is worse and even more divisive?

He was asked an honest question and he gave an honest answer. To my knowledge, that is all he said. If he did say trash his coach then that would be worse. My problem is not so much about a divided locker room as it is about Shanahan's apparent lack of organization. Also, based on the overall reaction in this thread, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If this was Shanny's attempt at old school "Gamesmanship", I could understand that if we were a good team but based on how this team is playing, his little played out coaching tricks haven't really impressed me. Shanny might think his antics are cute but I'm bored with his tired act at this point. I say... if we don't finish the season with a record of 6 and 10 at the very least, its time to send Shanny&Son packing. Screw the $14 million left on his deal! Hell... we didn't have a problem letting Haynesworth get away with a $40 million dollar heist.

He was asked an honest question and he gave an honest answer. To my knowledge, that is all he said. If he did say trash his coach then that would be worse. My problem is not so much about a divided locker room as it is about Shanahan's apparent lack of organization.

Because players are supposed to always answer honestly, right? He could've simply said "it doesn't matter, my job isn't to make those decisions it's to run the right routes and catch the ball". Which, of course, the vast majority of WRs would say something along those lines. Heck, he could've said "we practiced all week with both of those guys starting so it was obvious we could've made a change there".

You see, both ways are perfectly fine answers that aren't divisive and are logical. Now, I didn't hear how Gaffney put it so it may simply be that you started a thread in frustration and made it look worse because now you're saying things like "to my knowledge, that is all he said". I'm going to go with the latter thought until I actually hear Gaffney and his tone when saying it, but the way you made it look in your OP was that Gaffney said something simply awful about Shanahan and hung him out to dry for how unorganized he is.

Nevermind that both guys shared reps during practice and a friggin media member knew about it before the game so the guy should've saw it coming. But whatever.

If this was Shanny's attempt at old school "Gamesmanship", I could understand that if we were a good team but based on how this team is playing, his little played out coaching tricks aren't impressing me! Shanny might think his antics are cute but I'm bored with his tired act at this point. I say... if we don't finish the season with a record of 6 and 10 at the very least, its time to send Shanny&Son packing. Screw the $14 million left on his deal! Hell... We didn't have a problem letting Haynesworth get away with a $40 million dollar heist.

So if we dont win 3 more games this season then you wanna start all over again?

Split reps doesn't tell you who is starting. It tells you one of the two is starting. It was suspected by many but suspicion is a far cry fro certainty.

If this was Shanny's attempt at old school "Gamesmanship", I could understand that if we were a good team but based on how this team is playing, his little played out coaching tricks aren't impressing me! Shanny might think his antics are cute but I'm bored with his tired act at this point. I say... if we don't finish the season with a record of 6 and 10 at the very least, its time to send Shanny&Son packing. Screw the $14 million left on his deal! Hell... We didn't have a problem letting Haynesworth get away with a $40 million dollar heist.

I agree except I think we won't finish with 6 wins and I'm not quite ready for another coaching change. I say next year put him in the hot seat. If Jim Schwartz can take an 0-16 team then have them in the play-off hunt 3 years later there's no reason a coach with 2 Super Bowls can't at least put together a .500 team in 3 years.

Archived