Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haunted House Thread!!

Skinz4Life12

I just heard Lurch give a shout out to this place on the show. Its called the Virginia Scaregrounds at Paxton Manor

Growing up in Leesburg and spending lots of time there I'm familiar with this place and it looks to be a great setting for a haunted house.

Has anyone been to this Haunted House before?? Looks pretty creepy and worth checking out! It opens up tonight

http://virginiascaregrounds.com/index.shtml

Some of my family members, friends, and I have made it a tradition to visit as many haunted houses as possible each year. In fact I see my sisters more around Halloween than any other time of year. :ols:

I just went to Markoff's Haunted Forest last weekend. That is a top-notch haunt, combined with a huge party atmosphere. It was even better than last year.

So far this year I've been to:

Haunted Hollow in Warrenton VA.

Weavers Haunted Woods in Bealeton VA

Fields of Fear in Centreville VA

Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, PA

Pennhurst Asylum in Glen Mills PA

The Bates Motel and Hayride in Glen Mills PA

Markoff's Haunted Harbor in National Harbor, MD

Markoff's Haunted Forest in BF MD

Nightmare Manor, also in BF MD

Probly go to Darkwood Manor in Luray and the Unlucky Inn in Remington this weekend.

I'd put the Bates Motel as the best overall. Then probably Markoffs and Pennhurst as 2nd and 3rd. The Harbor was the worst haunt so far this year. Pennhurst had the longest wait in line at 3.5 hours. All of them have good and bad things about them.

botched, you need to check out the place in leesburg and write a review.

also, about markoffs haunted forest. i was only 18 at the time, and i remember the waiting area that had a big fire and hay bails to sit on but thats about it. what do you mean by party atmostphere? since i was too young, i don't remember if they were serving alcohol or not

botched, you need to check out the place in leesburg and write a review.

also, about markoffs haunted forest. i was only 18 at the time, and i remember the waiting area that had a big fire and hay bails to sit on but thats about it. what do you mean by party atmostphere? since i was too young, i don't remember if they were serving alcohol or not

They don't serve alcohol there. Maybe I should have said a lame party atmosphere :ols: But it's ok, cause I'm not sure I would want to get wasted there anyway.

They have a bunch of snacks, food, games and stuff too though.

Do you think you will go to the Haunted Manor in Leesburg? I really want to know if its worth checking out.

Also, I want to know if Markoffs haunted forest ends the same way it did when i went in HS. I'm putting it in ninja text as to not ruin it for anyone that may go

Ninja: At the end I remember coming out into a wide open field, and out of no where comes this headless horseman on a black horse and he proceeds to chase you for what seemed like 100 yards through the field

Bates Motel was awesome. Yeah, we did all three sections, and all three were great. The props, special effects, and actors they use are as good as you will see in any haunt.

I probly won't make it out to the Leesburg haunt this year. Maybe next year.

Markoff's ended differently.

you will drive all the way to PA but not to leesburg?!? haha jk, thats interesting that they changed up the ending on Markoffs. That really got my adrenaline going when i went through it.

Did you go through an abandoned school bus in Markoffs though? I remember that part being scary as **** and involving chainsaws

you will drive all the way to PA but not to leesburg?!? haha jk, thats interesting that they changed up the ending on Markoffs. That really got my adrenaline going when i went through it.

Did you go through an abandoned school bus in Markoffs though? I remember that part being scary as **** and involving chainsaws

PA was nice because there were 3 haunts all pretty close to eachother, and all three were very highly rated. It was worth it. I'd like to go to the Leesburg one, but we can only do maybe 2-3 per weekend so it'll probly get left out this time. I bet it's pretty good though.

Markoff's still has the buses, but they aren't part of the trail. You have to pay extra to go through them :rolleyes: They have a hayride too, but that also costs extra. The games, death jump, zip line, etc, also cost more $$.

That place brings in some serious dough. There were thousands of people there last weekend. Then when you think that it's $25 per person just for entry...holy crap.

Oh yeah...someone mentioned Bennetts Curse. I'd skip that one unless the lines are really short. Did that one a couple years ago and will never go back. The lines moved way too slowly, and one of the two "houses" was just stupid.

You strap into a harness and safety line, climp up a pole, and then jump off a platform that's maybe 30-40 feet high. Then you dangle there for a couple seconds while the DJ makes fun of you.

I didn't do it. I think it was 3 tickets, and those tickets are $3 each.

Oh, and if you go there, I'd suggest going as early as possible. When we left around 9:45pm, the line to get in was ridiculous. And of course after you wait in line and finally get in, you have to wait for your number to be called to go on the trail.

Went to Markhoffs haunted forest this past weekend in Maryland, was a bit tipsy, very nicely set up but I dont get scared easily and it did not scare me one bit. I wound up laughing most of the time at how the girls that I was with had tears coming from their eyes and running in circles around me cus the chainsaw guys would not stop puting it on them.

Anyone know of any good haunted houses or trails around the Woodbridge/Stafford area? Also, a little OT, but any of the hay rides/mazes for kids too? My wife and I want to go to a really good haunted house or trail at night, and want to take our daughter to one of the pumpkin patches/hay rides/mazes during the day, but I don't know of any in our area.

well, its a little over an hour away from Woodbridge (an hour and 15 minutes) but Markoffs Haunted Forest has to be one of the best haunts in this area. And they have other stuff to do other than the 2 haunted trails they provide.

I'm sure Botched can attest to this and will give his approval.

Went to Markhoffs haunted forest this past weekend in Maryland, was a bit tipsy, very nicely set up but I dont get scared easily and it did not scare me one bit. I wound up laughing most of the time at how the girls that I was with had tears coming from their eyes and running in circles around me cus the chainsaw guys would not stop puting it on them.

Eh, most of the actors typically don't get into it until the week of Halloween, and are dialed in on Halloween obviously. Every haunted house/field I've ever been to before Halloween was pretty average.

Archived