Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Was Danny Smith Allowed To Keep A Job? The all things Danny Smith Thread(Merged & M.E.T.)

McD5

Danny Smith, really?

How does this guy have a job? Who stood up for him?

Is he Snyder's best friend? Because our special teams have sucked for years.

Letting Randle El continue to return punts all those years?

Rock Cartwright returning kicks for a milleniium?

Fred Davis last week, a blocked punt this week? How does this guy have a job again?

You realize our punter was out right? That said, I don't recall Danny Smith out there on the field executing the plays, it's the players.

I don't recall Jim Zorn or Greg Blache out there on the field executing plays either. What is that supposed to mean?

Coaching is an awesome job. You can consistently put out bad results and every time someone notices... just point out that it wasn't you out there on the field. Kind of reminds me of middle managers coming into meetings and blaming their staff for not meeting their deadlines.

Coaching is an awesome job. You can consistently put out bad results and every time someone notices... just point out that it wasn't you out there on the field. Kind of reminds me of middle managers coming into meetings and blaming their staff for not meeting their deadlines.

Did Danny line a guy up in the wrong spot?

Seems to me, the guy didn't execute.

It's obvious to those who see beyond the rage.

It's about players...executing.

I don't know, we've had different players on ST and they always seem to suck.

Danny should be gone. I don't care if our ST isn't great but right now it's a flat out LIABILITY that we can't afford. Even average ST would have us at 2-1, maybe 3-0(the kickoff oob at the start of the game just put us in a bad hole to start).

It's obvious to those who see beyond the rage.

It's about players...executing.

Great point tr1. With another 5 years, he'll be exceptional.

He really has us on the cutting edge. Top 5 in the league.

How many years does a coach have to suck before you say, "okay, he sucks. We've had enough?"

That was McD5's point. Zorn and Blache could use the same excuse. The swinging gate was a special teams play wasn't it?

For Blache, it was a defensive philosophy (which I thought sucked.)

For Zorn, it was being inept.

Danny Smith had the guy lined up correctly.

The guy didn't block.

Very simple.

My guess - it's only a guess - is that Danny Smith wasn't responsible for decisions like ARE returning punts and Rock returning kicks. The head coach decided that he wanted ball security over more explosiveness, even if that decision ultimately didn't lead to better ball security (at least in the case of ARE).

My guess - it's only a guess - is that Danny Smith wasn't responsible for decisions like ARE returning punts and Rock returning kicks. The head coach decided that he wanted ball security over more explosiveness, even if that decision ultimately didn't lead to better ball security (at least in the case of ARE).

My guess is that ARE was a contractual matter...Rock had his moments.

Danny Smith, really?

How does this guy have a job? Who stood up for him?

Is he Snyder's best friend? Because our special teams have sucked for years.

Its hard to argue with you Special Teams is Non existent.

Letting Randle El continue to return punts all those years?

Rock Cartwright returning kicks for a milleniium?

Fred Davis last week, a blocked punt this week? How does this guy have a job again?

Its hard to argue with you Special Teams is Non exsitent

Danny Smith is the common denominator to a pretty horrible special teams unit, so I guess your point is valid. Still, I think it has more to do with the lack of talent and the evaluation process than it does the coaches, especially this year. It's year one under a new regime. Smith is a good coach I suppose, but it'd be nice to have a fresh face there IMO.

Archived