Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crowd Noise...Really? (Merged)

Jethrodsp

Seriously, Seahawk fans...let's talk about this.

All week all I've heard is how loud your crowd is gonna be and how much it's going to affect the Redskins. Guess what, I don't give a damn about crowd noise and I'm pretty sure my favorite team doesn't either. Let's say the volume of noise from your speake...I mean fans forces one false start or even two. Do you really think that's gonna make up for the fact that the Redskins defense is going to beat the piss out of your offense? Do you realize that in 2005 when faced with the prospects of running on our physical defense, Shawn Alexander decided to sit out the game instead?

Remember Shawn Springs? There is not one corner in the league I would take over him this season...not one. Not even your precious Marcus Trufant. Matter of fact, I think Trufant will get beat on a double move this weekend. Before he even know Santana has turned deep, the ball will be on it's way and the best Trufant will be able to hope for is to chase Santana down from behind.

How's your pass rush going to help you when Clinton Portis and our offensive line is cramming the ball down their throats? Besides that, did you know that we just faced the Giants and handled their Pro-Bowl defensive ends with an undrafted rookie manning the right tackle spot? The Skins will move the ball.

Look, you guys have a pretty good team, and I mean that. They are pretty and they are good. The Redskins are rugged, battle tested, and oblivious to any kind of adversity coming from the toughest division in the NFC while playing the toughest schedule in the NFC. I mean come on, you won the West? The Patriots took their weak division and rode it to a 16-0 season. The Seahawks rode their weak division to...one more win than the Redskins?

So yeah, wave that 12th man flag as much as you can on Saturday because our 12th man says you won't be able to wave it anymore after that. And I know you are tired of hearing about the Redskins and their love for Sean Taylor. Deon Grant says he doesn't care about the memory of Sean Taylor and how it is making the Redskins tick this season but I assure you, the only reason he doesn't care is that he hasn't seen the fire burning first hand. He doesn't understand the kind of motivation having the opportunity to knock the #1 seed Cowboys off their pedestal by beating them twice in a row is.

Sorry Seattle, but this weekend you are merely a bump in the road to a game that has been destined to come since November 27th. By the fourth quarter Saturday, there is only one noise you will hear coming from football fans:

We Want Dallas!

We Want Dallas!

Hail Skins!!

-Jethro

:point2sky

Santana Moss and the rest of your receivers suck compared to our recieving core. Santana Moss on a double move? Who did he make that move on last week? Oh yeah, some 5th string guy nobody has heard of. BUT, Marcus Trufant is better then SHawn Springs, enough said.

WE WANT GREEN BAY!

Santana Moss and the rest of your receivers suck compared to our recieving core. Santana Moss on a double move? Who did he make that move on last week? Oh yeah, some 5th string guy nobody has heard of. BUT, Marcus Trufant is better then SHawn Springs, enough said.

WE WANT GREEN BAY!

That was just a warm-up.

And yes, Shawn Springs is the best CB in the NFC right now.

Ok:

Dallas

New York

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Chicago

heard of these teams? These are "tough guy" teams that play in the NFC... 2 in the NFC North and 3 in the NFC East.

We beat each of 'em.

Though the toughest of those teams, the ones that play in the toughest division, also beat us, too. We split with those guys.

Here are some more reasons why:

San Fran

St. Louis

Arizona

Those are, um, y'alls divisional rivals. Nice. Real nice.

Anyway, those are my reasons. Have a good one! Our 12th Man will be watching... and waiting!

JB

Ok:

Dallas

New York

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Chicago

heard of these teams? These are "tough guy" teams that play in the NFC... 2 in the NFC North and 3 in the NFC East.

We played 40% of those teams. One at home and one on the road. Beat them both...

NEXT!

WE WANT GREEN BAY!

Who is your receiver core I do not even know one receiver from your team!!!!!That goes to show how good they are. And also all you hear about your team is the 12th man, what does that say about your team when your best player is the noise!!!!! WOW that is what I want opposing players to know when they come to your house is the noise!! Not that they are going to get hit hard and play some physical style football, no they are going to have an earache instead. Good going Seattle have you guys ever won anything up there?

WE WANT GREEN BAY!

Actually, it's "corp" as in a group of folks - Marines ring a bell? NOT core as in "the middle of..."

I thought you greeny hippies were supposed to be smart. ;)

Who is your receiver core I do not even know one receiver from your team!!!!!That goes to show how good they are. And also all you hear about your team is the 12th man, what does that say about your team when your best player is the noise!!!!! WOW that is what I want opposing players to know when they come to your house is the noise!! Not that they are going to get hit hard and play some physical style football, no they are going to have an earache instead. Good going Seattle have you guys ever won anything up there?

No that goes to show your lack of knowledge of the NFL.

We have one of the best and deepest WR corps in the league. Let's start off with Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, Nate Burrleson, and DJ Hackett. If you don't know them now, you will after Saturday!

Actually, it's "corp" as in a group of folks - Marines ring a bell? NOT core as in "the middle of..."

I thought you greeny hippies were supposed to be smart. ;)

Actually it's CORPS if you are going to argue that...at least know what you are arguing. I thought you people in DC were supposed to know how to spell.

Game 1

20-6 (W)

Buccaneers at Seahawks

Sunday, September 9

You beat the bucs to open the season, good for you. Wow. I'm impressed.

Game 2

23-20 (L)

Seahawks at Cardinals

Sunday, September 16

1:00PM • FOX

You lost to the Cardinals. Oops.

Game 3

24-21 (W)

Bengals at Seahawks

Sunday, September 23

1:00PM • CBS

Ooooh you beat the Mighty Bengals who finished a mediocre 7-9

Game 4

23-3 (W)

Seahawks at 49ers

Sunday, September 30

The 49ers.... what can you say about that team. I mean they're really tough and someday they may actually be able to compete in the strongest division in football; The NFC Weak

Game 5

21-0 (L)

Seahawks at Steelers

Sunday, October 7

10:00AM • FOX

Oh lookie here, you played a playoff caliber team and check out the results. 21 to Zippy. Zero. Not even a field goal.

Game 6

28-17 (L)

Saints at Seahawks

Sunday, October 14

5:00PM • NBC

The Saints. In October when they hadn't even won but what, one game by then?

Game 7

33-6 (W)

Rams at Seahawks

Sunday, October 21

The sacrificial Lambs. Good game. I'm sure all but 10 people saw this barnburner

BYE

October 28

And you kicked it's ass, with your 12th man. How many false starts?

Game 8

33-30 (L)

Seahawks at Browns

Sunday, November 4

The brownies.

Game 9

24-0 (W)

49ers at Seahawks

Monday, November 12

5:30PM • ESPN

The 9ers... again. I'm impressed. <yawn>

Game 10

30-23 (W)

Bears at Seahawks

Sunday, November 18

1:15PM* • FOX

You beat the Bears!! Congrats...

Game 11

24-19 (W)

Seahawks at Rams

Sunday, November 25

10:00AM* • FOX

Yawn, the lambs...again.

Game 12

28-24 (W)

Seahawks at Eagles

Sunday, December 2

Hey good game, you beat the iggles.

Game 13

42-21 (W)

Cardinals at Seahawks

Sunday, December 9

1:00PM* • FOX

The Cardinals... again... that's 6 games in your division.

Game 14

13-10 (L)

Seahawks at Panthers

Sunday, December 16

You lost to the Panthers? Vinny Testi was the QB, right?

Game 15

27-6 (W)

Ravens at Seahawks

Sunday, December 23

1:00PM* • CBS

Good win here....

Game 16

44-41 (L)

Seahawks at Falcons

Sunday, December 30

We didn't play our starters... waaaaaaaaaaaah

Thank god, that was boring.

We have one of the best and deepest WR corps in the league. Let's start off with Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, Nate Burrleson, and DJ Hackett. If you don't know them now, you will after Saturday!

...and the only one that I would take on my team is DJ Hackett. Deon Branch is too small (much like our recievers), Engram has a tendancy to drop the ball, and Burleson is only middle of the road. Crowd noise won't make a difference, believe that. What will make a difference is heart and desire. Seattle is strongly lacking both in my opinion.

Engram has a tendancy to drop the ball,

I'm sorry you must have him confused with Koren Robinson (now on the Packers) or Darrell Jackson (now on the 49ers). Engram is probably the most consistent receiver and Matt's favorite target.

List all the reasons except Sean Taylor why you guys have the edge in thsi game.

1. Your run game is below average. With the Tip Toe Bandit(Alexander) and Morris in the backfield and no Hutch, that will be shutdown(Skins #4 in the league Rush D).

Don't believe me? Ask the Vikings Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor, who are a better combo(and that's with Hutch) than Tip Toe and Morris.

2. This in turn leaves you one dimensional on offense. When all you can do is pass, then this defense will pin it's ears back and get after Hasslehoff..I mean Hasslebeck. ;)

3. Some say that our OT's will be unable to handle your DE's. Umeniyora and Strahan(a better pass rush duo than Tapp and Kerney) and Ware,Canty and Spears didn't seem to bother us that much. And I'd take them over Tapp,Kerney and Peterson as far as pass rushers go.

4. Clinton Portis is the hottest RB in the NFC at this time. Do you drop eight in the box to stop him,leaving the middle open for Chris Cooley or run blitz the Skins leaving Moss in one on one coverage?

That's four...

Now I'm not saying there's no way we're losing this game. We very well could. This team has been through alot and sooner or later it could catch up to us.

Just don't insinuate that we don't stand a chance of winning. We do have weapons that are capable of taking a win up there in Qwest. :)

Just seems to me that lately, despite our run to the playoffs, no one seems to think we can go to Seattle and win.

Most reasons given: Crowd noise and the plane ride to Seattle.

Seriously now. Who do the pundits think they're kidding here?? :doh:

are you really bragging about your WRs? bobby engram has had a good year, but he also might break his 35 year old hip when landry lays him out.

if you are going to come to this board and start bragging about your team, then at least have the understanding that your offense is good because you have the second best qb in the conference. none of those receivers are anything special with out hasselback. the fact that i know more about your team and it's chemistry is just another example of how ignorant you people are out there...DJ Hackett...Please!

Archived