Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did u ever play football? for how long? what position?

SkinsindaUSAF21

I used to play high school ball...Pinellas Park Patriots, yes we sucked but i wasnt half bad. Never went to college but ima go tryout for the arena leagues here soon possibly after im done serving. And finally i used to play fullback on offense.(kinda a jerome bettis sort of thing) and on defense i played middle linebacker.

Just curious if any of you out there have played and if u were any good.

Street ball and P.E. because my school was too cheap to get a real team (we'd have scrimmages and practices but they were too cheap) haha.

I quarterbacked and was a free safety before my ankle surgery, after I played Middle Linebacker along with quarterback.

I thought I was pretty decent, and I got a LOT of comments about my arm. I might go for Arena football once I get back into football shape.

I've been playing soccer for about 6 years and my football coach got me to kick for the team so I'll be starting on Tuesday. The only bad thing is I don't have that much range (max is about 35 yards... more if my leg is rested) but I do have pretty good accuracy.

Ya...I played for the Parkview Vikings here in Missouri..

I was the starting OLB and P...I weighed in at 185 at that time so I was a little undersized,but I hit like a freighttrain...Kinda played like a Jack Lambert...(as he was not very big either..)

But my Punting skills are where my special gift played in...I took 2nd in the city as a Punter..with a 44.3 yards per punt AVG.

For some reason I was always good on Special teams in hitting ,Tackling and causing turnovers...as well as punting...

My junior year,I once punted the Ball from the 19 to the 1 yard line (my longest punt 80 yards),then on the very next play...Blitzed and got a safety for our Defense...

We were playing Rolla and they had a premeir RB by the name of Cary Lang(very player)and I just blitzed right up the middle and got him...

My weaknesses:Hate Blocking and not very good at it...Being undersized and fast...I did not do alot training or practice at blocking drills do to the postions I was either interested in or being considered by coaches...

I ran the 40 in 4.68 (my best time)...

Strengths:Very versitile player...I catch very well,I throw very well,I tackle very well and I kick the ball very well...

I have a no fear attitude when it comes to pain and hitting people,no matter how big they are..Very mean streak...

Also noted..Injury free player...

worst injury I ever had playing organized football was a Hair-line fractured left foot(softmore year)Non-kicking foot...

But as much as I hate to say it...I was more of a free lancer on defense...My job was to attack the ball carrier and put the hurt on him and use my speed to track him down...

Also noted..Also had been used on DE on occasion for pass rushing abilities..

Never missed a game for any reason and started at least either offense or defense throughout my life

Most inspirational play:I made alot of huge plays over my lifetime...some were scoring and some were as simple as a block punt...

But I will never forget the 75 yard kickoff return against Hickory hills in a 20-14 win in 1986 right after they took the lead 14-6 on the previous play...we ended up tying the game after the 2 point conv....then later on winning..

But I like to feel sometimes that play got the momentum on our side to eventually win!

I know it's silly to feel good about something that happened when I was like 13 or so,but you gotta hold on to those moments...It sure makes life worth living sometimes...(as my team tackled me in the endzone after the play...)and stuff..?

i played at georgetown prep, started two years at d-end and guard, then went to dickinson college. i didn't play much at dickinson, i was a d-end behind a senior and an all american my freshman year and blew out my shoulder my soph year, at which point i called it a career and spent my saturdays at the gman with a bloody mary and some d 1 teams.

Ya...I played for the Parkview Vikings here in Missouri..

I was the starting OLB and P...I weighed in at 185 at that time so I was a little undersized,but I hit like a freighttrain...Kinda played like a Jack Lambert...(as he was not very big either..)

But my Punting skills are where my special gift played in...I took 2nd in the city as a Punter..with a 44.3 yards per punt AVG.

For some reason I was always good on Special teams in hitting ,Tackling and causing turnovers...as well as punting...

My junior year,I once punted the Ball from the 19 to the 1 yard line (my longest punt 80 yards),then on the very next play...Blitzed and got a safety for our Defense...

We were playing Rolla and they had a premeir RB by the name of Cary Lang(very player)and I just blitzed right up the middle and got him...

My weaknesses:Hate Blocking and not very good at it...Being undersized and fast...I did not do alot training or practice at blocking drills do to the postions I was either interested in or being considered by coaches...

I ran the 40 in 4.68 (my best time)...

Strengths:Very versitile player...I catch very well,I throw very well,I tackle very well and I kick the ball very well...

I have a no fear attitude when it comes to pain and hitting people,no matter how big they are..Very mean streak...

Also noted..Injury free player...

worst injury I ever had playing organized football was a Hair-line fractured left foot(softmore year)Non-kicking foot...

But as much as I hate to say it...I was more of a free lancer on defense...My job was to attack the ball carrier and put the hurt on him and use my speed to track him down...

Also noted..Also had been used on DE on occasion for pass rushing abilities..

Never missed a game for any reason and started at least either offense or defense throughout my life

Most inspirational play:I made alot of huge plays over my lifetime...some were scoring and some were as simple as a block punt...

But I will never forget the 75 yard kickoff return against Hickory hills in a 20-14 win in 1986 right after they took the lead 14-6 on the previous play...we ended up tying the game after the 2 point conv....then later on winning..

But I like to feel sometimes that play got the momentum on our side to eventually win!

I know it's silly to feel good about something that happened when I was like 13 or so,but you gotta hold on to those moments...It sure makes life worth living sometimes...(as my team tackled me in the endzone after the play...)and stuff..?

You ought to post this on Monster.com

Who knows, maybe the Niners could use you? :laugh:

Played in high school for Thomas Johnson Patriots in Frederick, MD 9-12 grade. I played defensive noseguard. I didn't care for offense because I liked hitting people on defense.

i may have played against you.

i only played in grades 7-9, because my jr. high school didn't have a soccer team. when i got to high school, i played soccer.

i was a wr and cb. my eighth grade year, 90-91, we went 8-0 without giving up a single point.

now, i coach freshman football at the high school here, my jr. high coach is now the varsity head coach.

I didn't play football in Highschool or in College. I played Rugby 2 years in highschool throughout college and for several years after college with a mens club here in the DC area.

Only time I played football was in 86 during the strike season. I tried out for the NE patriots. Cut class the entire time I was there. At the time I was just under six six two hundred fourty pounds. First day about three thousand guys tried out. I remember guys pulling up in plumber trucks. Guys finishing beers and smoking cigarrets in the parking lot before the first practice. I remember seeing guys with serious crack problems in that parking lot too.. and I don't mean drugs.. Remember the coach asking what position I played... Running back I said... defensive end he said.... First thing they did was run sprints by position and dropped like four fifths of the guys after 15 minutes.. Never played in a game. I dropped out after about the tenth day because of school.

Years later major leage baseball was going to go out on strike. I had never played baseball either. But a buddy of mine called me from atlanta and said they were holding open try outs and was I interested. I considered it for about 5 seconds, but by that time; I would have been one of the guys with the crack problem in the parking lot. I passed. Don't think major league baseball ever put a strike team on the field anyway. They settled with the players before the strike.

As I remember Redskins strike (scab) players that year all got superbowl rings because the skins went on to win it all that year. That's the year Charley Casserly distinguished himself as GM material. He was put in charge of the assembling the strike team early in the year. A lot of teams just had a open call in the newspaper like New England, Casserly actually put some thought into the skins strike team. As I remember he found a former all american QB doing time in the district. Got caught his senior year with a brick of coke under his seat. Charley also got a great reciever. That QB still holds the single game passing record for the skins. They won all five strick games, and all they ever did was have that QB throw to that WR... Beat a largely intact dallas team down in texas in their final game. Not a single regular Redskins crossed the strike line.

As I remember Charley had to sign that quarterback out of prison every saterday before the game and then sign him back into prison on Sunday after the game...

High school ball.

In Canada we play with 12 men 4 downs, CFL size field NFL size endzone.

I played the weak side inside linebacker position (we played a 4-4 d), then switched to CB the 2 years I played after that (mono and knee injury kept me out the last 2 seasons) Never really a standout, just made some plays, and missed a few too.

First game as DB, I had one of the easiest flutter passes thrown right at me, I saw it and everything went into slow mo, I knew all I had to do was take a few steps forward, lower my hands and I was going to the house! Well the slo mo was a littel to slo mo, I ended up taking only one step and sort of fell into where the ball was going to meet me.......but I was falling to fast, ball of the chest, then the elbows, then the knees, got a few slaps at it and.......dropped INT:doh: made 2 picks after that through the years but nothing as easy as that first one was, or should have been.

I also played a lot on Kickoff and kick return, never as a returner but next row up from our 2 return men, so I ended up running a few, longest was 72 yards, got shoestringed just after their 15yard line.

And no Im not retarded, when iwent to HS in Canda, we went up to grade 13. now they changed it to 12.

First game as DB, I had one of the easiest flutter passes thrown right at me, I saw it and everything went into slow mo, I knew all I had to do was take a few steps forward, lower my hands and I was going to the house! Well the slo mo was a littel to slo mo, I ended up taking only one step and sort of fell into where the ball was going to meet me.......but I was falling to fast, ball of the chest, then the elbows, then the knees, got a few slaps at it and.......dropped INT:doh: made 2 picks after that through the years but nothing as easy as that first one was, or should have been.

your story reminds me of a not so great moment in my athletic career.

as i mentioned earlier, my 8th grade year, our team went undefeated and unscored on. i started on special teams and got a lot of playing time at wr on offense. but i didn't get to be a full time starter until my 9th grade year.

first game of my freshman year, first quarter. quarterback rolls to my side, i've got deep outside 1/3rd. the slot receiver runs the worst out and up ever, and when the ball went in the air, i was thinking 6 the other way. backpedaling, i'm sure me intercepting this pass is nothing but a formality. as it goes over my head, i reach up, get a fingertip on the laces as i fall back. i get up, and damn near run the receiver down, but it was too late.

i gave up the first points in 2 years. :doh:

i was sure to run off the field on the opposite end of the coaching box to where my coach was, but he sprinted down the sideline and let me have it. :whippin:

i'm now on his coaching staff, and i hear about that A LOT. :doh:

Played from jr high thru High school,corner and wr

Hit like a mac truck and ran like a deer and still hold the record for knocking players out of the game.

Still regret not playing college ball...but money called :rolleyes:

Played OLB from JR high school,High School,Big Ten Football, 8 years and 2 national chapionships in flag football, and stopped when I tore my ACL 2 months ago. I played some RB,CB and SS when I was in JR high school as well, but settled in at LB.

Archived