• Other

The greatest band ever....

yes... or no.

or just average?

i dont know how to do a poll... so sorry

wouldn't a poll be of use?

you can always make it a colbert poll

"led zepplin: great band, or greatest band ever?"

You cheese-head have mush for brains! :D;)

I think that they are definitely "up-there" but, not clearly the 'greatest' band ever.

Zeppelin isn't the best band ever, but they're one of the cornerstones. No one can put a top 10 list together without including them.

Like hell.

10. Backstreet Boys

9. Sugar Ray

8. Wham

7. Van Halen

6. KC and the Sunshine Band

5. The Dan Band

4. Hole

3. Fallout Boy

2. Papa Roach

1. The Blue Man Group.

There ya go.

Oh, and if you're interested in the band, I sort of recommend "Hammer of the Gods." It's a good chronology, but has poor (at best) writing.

And PB, I stand firmly with you in saying that Van Halen is overrated. I've just never gotten into their music. But this thread is about Led Zepplin who I've come to really like over the years.

Over the Hills and Far Away is still one of my favorite songs--even after playing it like 5,000 times.

there are too many eras, styles and sounds to ever name the GREATEST band of all time, it just isn't possible. each decade has it's leaders and inovators, but it always progresses. the beatles are a prime example. i hate them, i think their lyrics are lame and childish, but they made a bigger impact on music than almost anyone ever has or will, and i respect that.

elvis had a similar thing going, but i actually like his work. you also have hendrix, skynyrd, zeppelin, metallica, sabbath, nirvana, korn, linkin park, aerosmith, the stones, and dozens of artists/bands that just accomplished so damn much. so to label any one artist or band as the best ever, is not only impossible, but a slap in the face to everyone else. not to mention everyone disagrees on the matter.

Led Zeppelin is my favorite as GOAT....but thats just me....

the thread was who if not Zep...suggestions?

BTW...what is the deal with the brits? if you dont like zeppelin as the best you prob like the beatles, or the stones, or pink floyd, or the who (i think they were brits?), or cream or some other non-US band...wtf:mad:... :laugh: .......what happened to the Americans back in the day?! I guess people could argue the beach boys:silly: or aerosmith or the eagles? please help me think of other bands.

I know that the bands i mentioned are from eons ago:D , but i dont think any bands lately have the right for this spot w/o the test of time...examples nirvana or pearl jam

Archived