Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any love lost for Lavar

ohioskinfan

Lavar is my favorite player on our team. But I think his luster is starting to dull. Here are some concerns or thoughts that come to mind.

1. Involvement last year while on the dl. I feel he should have been on the sidelines rooting on the team, and as one of our leaders, in the defensive meetings. This could also translate into a strong knowledge of our defensive schemes.

2. Salary for comparison

Lavars cotract will cost (approx) 39.5 million through 2009

Marcus Washington will cost (approx)22 million over the same period.

Not saying Marcus is better than Lavar, just cant say Lavar is this much better than Marcus.

3. The signings of 2 linebackers in the draft.

4. The play of the D when LA was hurt.

5. The ranting to the press about his lack of love from the team.

6. The phantom 6+ million signing bonus that he claims is due in 2006, raising his salary and bonus to (approx) 18.5 million for that year alone. And raising his total to 45 million plus through 2009 (this does not include11.4 million in salary in 2010)

Might Lavar be in the same boat as Ramsey? I feel he has to establish his worth this year also, with a cap hit of 12 million in 2006, a salary of 12 million in 2006, and a possible 6+ million bonus, a trade might be in the works, or a coles move prior to June 1, and the bonus, to take this cap hit next year and wipe the books clean.

Unlike Ramsey, Lavar is guaranteed to get us return in a trade if that every happened. He has definitely with his incessant ****ing and money griping and recent ****ing to the media over going to Danny who's ear is close to his ass always, he is decreasing his moniker as the team's face.

If you said Marcus was better than LaVar I wouldnt argue it with you. Ive thought LaVar is overrated for a couple years. His potential is through the roof, but his production is nowhere near that. I love his speed, his self proclaimed love for the Redskins and his intensity, but I loathe his overpursuit and his prima donna behavior. Hes good, but hes not great. I, personally, wouldnt miss LaVar too much at all if Gregg Williams saw it fit to let him go elsewhere.

Arrington's bonus means he is going to be a Redskin for life, at least for the next 4-5 seasons.

He is a guy that looked at first like he could be a monster in the NFL. 6'3 and 248 and capable of running as fast as a back.

But those skills have only intermittently come through in full.

His best season was 2001 when I think he stepped up and became a leader on the defense as the club rebounded from 0-5 to 8-8.

Kurt Schottenheimer seemed to get more out of him than Ray Rhodes, Marvin Lewis or George Edwards were.

I still think one of the biggest mistakes was not moving Arrington back to the weakside where he was projected coming out of Penn State.

To his credit, Gregg Williams started to do this with Arrington. He was slated to start at WLB and be used in the 'rover back' role he seems best suited to.

I think he can still do some great things with Williams and Blache. They seem to get more than 100% out of far lesser athletes on the defense.

It's all up to #56 and whether he wants to grow up and stop whining about his $6.5 million phantom roster bonus and his injury problems.

Terry Allen had reconstructive knee surgery on BOTH knees and came back to rush for 1,300 yards for the Redskins.

Arrington ain't hurtin' that bad :)

As far as the money goes, the Redskins have already paid the guy $10 million in bonus and signed up to give him another $15 million plus.

Invest your money and get over all backchannel crap about dolllars :rolleyes:

I made some of the same observations that you did about LaVar and was called a moron by some poster. I think LaVar is starting to wear out his welcome in DC. It's time for him to live up to his huge potential. He has all the tools, but something is missing. He is way overpaid if you ask me. Marcus Washington to me is our best linebacker right now. LeMar Marshall did an excellent job in replacing Arrington last year. Our draft selection of Robert McCune in the 5th round was a steal. I can see McCune starting in the middle for us very soon. The guy was a real player at Louisville. So maybe I'm a moron, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Arrington is delt elsewhere in time. I just don't think he will finish his career in Washington. I feel the same exact way you do Ohioskin fan.

If Williams can get a Pro Bowl season(well should have been)out of Antonio Pierce, imagine what he can do with Lavar?

After Lavar starts crushing some QBs next season I hope all this Lavar hating goes away.

Our D was great last year but it still wasn't able to force turnovers or take over a game like the Ravens and Patriots can. With Lavar we have that capability.

I really hope Lavar get's thru this injury and dominates games like I know he can. Ask Aikman et al. what he is capable of. Dexter Manley always seemed to have his mouth open and was controversial...but he backed it up with a monster pass rush and statistics playing for Super Bowl caliber D. teams.

Originally posted by RockyMountainHog

I really hope Lavar get's thru this injury and dominates games like I know he can. Ask Aikman et al. what he is capable of. Dexter Manley always seemed to have his mouth open and was controversial...but he backed it up with a monster pass rush and statistics playing for Super Bowl caliber D. teams.

Lavar Arrington only dreams of getting to the QB like Dexter Manley could.

Do something on the field first..then you can open your trap all you want.

Originally posted by Warhead36

If Williams can get a Pro Bowl season(well should have been)out of Antonio Pierce, imagine what he can do with Lavar?

Our D was great last year but it still wasn't able to force turnovers or take over a game like the Ravens and Patriots can. With Lavar we have that capability.

True, but Lavar will need to demonstrate a willingness to play within the sceme, something he hasn't always done in the past.

He also has a reputation as NOT being a student of the game, unlike Antonio Pierce.

I just hope we get to see the guy finally play a whole season without having any major/minor injuries that slow him down. At 100% he COULD be the best linebacker in the NFL and I believe he is already the highest paid so earn the paycheck before whining about money that wasn't in the contract that you signed IMO.

"COULD be the best linebacker in the NFL and I believe he is already the highest paid"

SkinsFTW, you make me laugh. Have you heard of Ray Lewis? or Terrell Suggs? Al Wilson? Joey Porter? Ian Gold?

That's right, Redskins fan, these are all the names of TRUE linebackers, that play the game and perform consistently with minimal ****ing at WORST.

LaVar is a waste of money and perhaps teh most over-rated athlete in all of sports.

IHOPE WE PULL THE TRIGGER ON HIM!!!

Peace

Lavar needs to suck it up and play. So he's had to learn a new defense every year, big deal. That should make him a better player, not worse. Big contrast with rookie Campbell, who recently said "It's helped me out to learn four different offences and see the differences in each," Campbell said. "I'm still learning so I'm still on the move.

I still like Lavar.

He's an emotional guy, and emotional guys sometimes say stupid things. I don't think HE is stupid. I really think he wants to be a part of something great. The injury came at a very bad time for him, as he finally presumably had coaches that were going to be around for awhile, and was looking forward to a scheme that would give him the ability to 'freelance' some, but would also force him to play disciplined ball.

I think most of what you're seeing is frustration at not contributing. If he continues to stir the pot, he'll lose the fans, and I think he knows that.

I'm not giving up on Arrington until I see him in William's system for a year. I think Williams can make him a star again if Lavar applies himself and can get and stay healthy.

The biggest problem with LaVar from our standpoint is we only get the info when he says something newsworthy. Right now, anything negative will get press time.

LaVar, I suspect, is fired up and anxious to get out and play. We don't see him on a daily basis to get a good gauge of how he is really doing. The only thing we have right now is angry quotes.

As fans, we're pretty much left to what we see hit the field come August. We'll back those guys up and we'll be excited for the season.

I suspect LaVar will be there and we'll scream just as loud for him as we always have in games. And then, he'll be the man again.

"What have you done for me lately"

Lavar is not on the field, but when he is people can take there opinions and shove it.

He plays hard and on every television angle #56 is right there.

He will check most haters with his play, believe it or not.

man their is way to much anomosity towards lavar. if u watch games lavar is always the one rooting on his teamates more than anyone else. ide be upset too if none of my teamates knew i was getting surgery, give the man a break. he's great in the community too i see him at like every wizards game signing autographs for kids and everything. he was even crying on the news during the season after he was visiting children in the hopital. overall lavar is the man and everyone needs to stop ****ing about him, when he's back and healthy he's going to dominate

Originally posted by RockyMountainHog

The only boat Ramsey is in is the one that says do your job at a high level and win Championships and endorsements.

Is that what Lavar is doing in his Eastern Moters commercial ?

Hia agent should sue for that one .:2cents:

Archived