Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shows on the NFL Network you'd like to see

zoony

I was wondering what shows everyone would like to see on the NFL Network. Who knows, maybe the occasional NFL exec might browse this forum and we might get lucky :)

While I think the NFL Network has done some cool things such as "sounds of the game" and combine coverage, I think a lot of the programming is pretty vanilla. A couple shows I'd like to see...

1. Actual replays of long-past NFL games, i.e. the Ice Bowl / Fog Bowl / '82 NFC championship etc. I want to watch these games as if they are the LIVE broadcasts. "NFL Replay" seems to only hi-light recent games. The older games are covered by NFL Films, which is usually a 30 minute segment entirely in slow motion :rolleyes:

2. Also, each team should have their own weekly magazine show I think... It seems like NFL Total Access takes too broad an approach and they never talk about the 'skins :(

3. What about some kind of reality show at a team's headquarters with the marketing execs/stadium operations people/etc. That could be pretty cool, too. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in some of the franchise-operation type meetings.

Of course, I'd much rather see inside access on player selection, etc... but I'm trying to be a realist... I don't think most teams would allow that :)

I'd be interested to hear other ideas...

Originally posted by forbeskin

How about actual games! I was very disapointed to find out the NFL network was not even going to show anygames. If you can't get satt. TV, then no Sunday Ticket. Cable needs get sunday ticket or have NFL network show games.

Cha Ching!

:2cents:

:laugh:

It would be great if I didn't have to renew my NFL Sunday ticket subscription... of course watching the games on a delay just isn't the same though. The preseason games I watched last season were cool, but just not the same as if I was watching it live.

I would even deprive myself of any NFL news until I watched the game... STILL it's not the same.

Im sure just about everybody will disagree here...but my favorite program of theirs is NFL Replay.

I love the fact that they replay a totally meaningless game between two crap teams. They will replay like 2002 week 2 game between Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears. They replay the actual broadcast-they just cut out the time inbetween plays. I'm not quite sure why but I love watching these games.

I think the only requirement for a game to be replayed is that it is a pretty close game.

I havent seen it since summer though, so I dont know if they still do it. Do they?

The same discussion was recently had over at the PFRA. The older games don't fit the "demographic" that the NFL Network tries to satisfy. Someone made a point that ESPN Classic still does a better job of showing older NFL highlights. Of course live games would be first. Preseason is a great start. I'd also like to see some CFL and Arena Football in the offseason instead of countless hours of Total Access. Rich Eisen has morphed into a "kissy kissy" type of interviewer. Even when he asks a tough question he backtracks as fast as it gets out of mouth. They make an event out of every possible "thing" now, so what else is left. How about live coverage of the Hall of Fame voting? I'd almost pay-per-view to see that little meeting. I wish their team-cams weren't those Sprint jobs. It looks and sounds like they are broadcasting from Iraq.

Originally posted by chow184

Cox cable doesn't carry NFL network :puke:

The first thing I would like to see would be NFL network itself :)

I think it is only available on DirectTV...I could be wrong though.

I'd like to see an All Redskins All the Time channel personally. I could watch D. Williams and Timmy Smith torch the Broncos all day long!

The NFL Network is available on some cable systems. NFL Sunday Ticket, however is exclusive to DirectTV and will be for at least six years(or 7, or 5, not exactly sure, but six is in the ball park)

They are covering one live NFL Europe game each week as well as replays of other games. Former Maryland Terp Scott McBrien is playing for the Reign Fire and will be on at 12 noon this Saturday on the NFL Network.

Pre-Season games are more than likely going to be covered.

If you haven't seen it "Jaguars' Summer" was a behind the scene look at training camp and was excellent. They have been replaying it a lot lately look for it.

:logo:

Originally posted by jrockster77

I think it is only available on DirectTV...I could be wrong though.

I'd like to see an All Redskins All the Time channel personally. I could watch D. Williams and Timmy Smith torch the Broncos all day long!

I've got Charter communications cable and we got it August 1, 2004. The NFL owners just voted to disband the Cowboys and Falcons regional networks in return for more programming on NFL Network.

How about some local programming? As it is, they replay the same stuff all day every day,, maybe if they devoted a little time each day or week to a 'local team network' it would be cool.

As it is, The Cowboys had their own network and I think that even though it's probably a lot of rehashed stuff, it still would give the NFL network something fresher, or at least a bit more variety.

I'd love to see some local Redskins programming,, be it replays of old games, highlight shows, locally produced rah-rah shows, or even a show produced by the team itself.

On-Demand has a Local NFL Netowrk feature showing game highlights and NFL Films pieces that are about the Redskins and ravens,, I don't know why NFL network couldn't do the same thing to help break up their incessant reruns.

~Bang

Archived