Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPNradio.com: Mortenson said Coles agreed to give money only if RELEASED

jbooma

Chris Mortenson said Coles was under the impression that if he gives back 5 million he would be RELEASED, he wants to be released not traded and the skins are tying to get him to agree to giving back the money to be traded which he hasn't agreed too yet.

Now the truth is starting to get out.

Gibbs and his agent must have been in the middle of the discussions before Nunyo dropped the bomb, and according too Mortenson he was right, since that was all Coles had agreed too.

The agent must have leaked it.

Originally posted by jbooma

Chris Mortenson said Coles was under the impression that if he gives back 5 million he would be RELEASED, he wants to be released not traded and the skins are tying to get him to agree to giving back the money to be traded which he hasn't agreed too yet.

Now the truth is starting to get out.

and Mortensen also said last January that there was no way Gibbs would come back.

Sounds like they are just presenting the same story differently so people will listen to them for developments.

Originally posted by jimster

and Mortensen also said last January that there was no way Gibbs would come back.

Sounds like they are just presenting the same story differently so people will listen to them for developments.

Don't know but it makes sense, why give back money when you are not gauranteed anything from a new team. If he is released he can have mulitple bidders, which would be what he would want.

Didn't Mort suggesting the Dolphins would TRADE for Spurrier?

look, if the Skins want to keep Coles this year, they can. They were planning on it before.

So, Coles signed a deal and its not like he's underpaid.

He wants to another team, then he needs to help the Skins get something alittle more than cap room back.

Originally posted by Bufford

He wants to another team, then he needs to help the Skins get something alittle more than cap room back.

The problem then is you have an unhappy player that will undermind the coach, he doesn't have to do anything, he is in the driver seat here.

He is not going to give up that money with getting nothing back in return.

Just release him. Let him go. By paying back his bonus, and getting this off the books this year instead of next, this may actually help us, in the long run, rather than hurt us.

Stand pat, see if Mike Williams falls to 9. If not, trade down, pick up another pick, and pick up Clayton (who I prefer) or Williamson.

Start your year out with Jacobs and Thrash, with the new draft pick either the third or second wide out. Who knows, Antonio Brown may be able to give us something, he was pretty good receiver at WVU.

It's dishearting, but this isn't a devastating loss. We only want true Redskins on this team. If you don't want to play for one of the three best coaches to ever live, then get out of here, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Originally posted by MorgantownHokie88

It's dishearting, but this isn't a devastating loss. We only want true Redskins on this team. If you don't want to play for one of the three best coaches to ever live, then get out of here, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Agree if we can't get anything in return, then getting rid of him is still better then nothing.

The problem then is you have an unhappy player that will undermind the coach, he doesn't have to do anything, he is in the driver seat here.

He is not going to give up that money with getting nothing back in return.

I wouldn't just let a player dictate the rules to the team and the league. It doesn't work that way.

He agreed to a fat contract......... he's still getting paid. He's going to cry? Then its time for both of us to take our medicine. Go into the season with hiim, use the other WR's more....and if he's a problem. Doesn't show up to meetings, or camp, or whatever. Then fine him. The team is going to win this battle in any court.

I'm sure if they can find a team who he wants to go to, they can work SOMETHING out.

If now.....too bad. Sometimes you have to work with people you aren't crazy with. Right Ty Law?

Agree if we can't get anything in return, then getting rid of him is still better then nothing.

I don't agree. It smacks with TO's whining about where he got traded last year.

Getting rid of him for just cap room, and not at least keeping him away from our rivals......is NOT better than nothing.

I don't like the precedent this sets (I prefer how Belicheck handled Ty Law) but if releasing Coles means we save all that cap room in 2006 and makes it that much easier to sign Pierce and maybe even my man Smoot, then it ain't all that bad, my friends.

I don't agree. It smacks with TO's whining about where he got traded last year.

Getting rid of him for just cap room, and not at least keeping him away from our rivals......is NOT better than nothing.

I agree but do you think Gibbs will put a player who has cried to everyone about how unhappy he is on this team??

I just don't see it.

I like how Gruden handled Meshawn, if you don't want to be here, then bye.

but like in the Maske article, if we work out a trade with a team that he wants to go to, AND they incorporate the SB he forfeits with us into his new contract, it's do-able.

If he wants to cry about it, then we don't have to release him at all and he can be our #5.

I agree but do you think Gibbs will put a player who has cried to everyone about how unhappy he is on this team??

I just don't see it.

right now, you've got to try finding a team he'd like. I think he'd like being in San Diego, or back in New York. How about Green Bay or with the Vikings? There are plenty of teams that pass 1st who he could love going to.

If I had my way, it would be off to Chicago or San Fran for him.

Under no situation would I let him go for just cap room.

This is a tuff situation here... If I were the Redskins, it would be either he can give back money and be traded, or nothing.

He can stay on the team and sit on the bench if he's that pissed.

Why should we HELP a player leave that we invested so much in? I think it should be trade, or nothing.

Never thought Coles would screw us like Deion :doh:

I just don't see it.

He hasn't "cried to everyone about how unhappy he is on this team". For someone who has been salivating over these articles, you should know better.

He only told Gibbs he was unhappy. One person.. and only after Gibbs told everyone to let him know if they wanted out.

He didn't even complain to other teammates about his situation. Everyone was actually shocked that he felt this way.

Nunyo, however, is bent on making it seem otherwise.

right now, you've got to try finding a team he'd like. I think he'd like being in San Diego, or back in New York. How about Green Bay or with the Vikings? There are plenty of teams that pass 1st who he could love going to.

If I had my way, it would be off to Chicago or San Fran for him.

Under no situation would I let him go for just cap room.

Mort mentioned only two teams, the Jets, and didn't hear the other, curious who that was.

Archived