Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rinehart Earns starting job with Buffalo

Truant

Always interesting to see how former Skins are doing. But because he's in Buffalo I'll post here in this forum.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article283107.ece

The plan against the Browns was for Rinehart, who joined the Bills' 53-man roster Dec. 7, to split time with Cordaro Howard. Rinehart fared particularly well and has earned the starting job going forward, according to Gailey.

"Chad played a lot better than I anticipated he would," Gailey said. "We'll go through the rest of the week, but the way he played, he certainly deserves to start this week and we'll see how we handle the rotation and how we work that. Cord came out of the game pretty sore so that might have something to do with it in itself."

Or maybe he just got better with more playing time? Certainly not a new concept.

He seemed to improve last year as he got starts. Course, he was drafted for Bugel's line and not for the ZBS, so he might not have been a good fit here anymore. He also kinda proved out that he couldn't play tackle in the NFL, so his versitility as a backup was limited.

It is going to be interesting to see how the Shanahan castoffs from that year's draft do on other teams. So far, Tryon has had a couple starts with the Colts, Edwin Williams has had some starts with Chicago, Thomas is playing special teams with the Giants and now Rinehart is getting a start.

I pull for all of our ex-Redskins wherever they go. It will be interesting how well they that group will do after Shanny released them so early this year. Akers was on our team a long time ago and he has been a real solid kicker for the Eagles. It happens that we will make mistakes and let players go that we should have held on to especially if our starters get injured during the season.

Archived