Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb's here. Now what's your plan?

maddogtre

Mods - If you feel this should be merged, I understand. However, I thought it would be cool to have a thread for ideas on what you would do for the draft now that the McNabb trade has occurred. People's ideas have been sprinkled through random threads on the trade all night, but I thought it would be nice to have a specific discussion on what skins fans think should be next.

Anyways, here are my thoughts.

I'm not sold that Okung is that much better than the other tackles, that we need to take him at 4 (if he's there). Even if he is, there is always bust potential (see Robert Gallary and maybe even Jason Smith).

If I was GM, I would try to trade down into the early teens to pick up a second round pick. I know you need "two to tango" but at 4 it is likely that either one of the QBs, one of the DTs or Eric Berry are available. I would think someone would be willing to move up.

My second trade would be the obvious shipping out JC. I'd like a #2 but realize that isn't too likely. I'd hope we can get a 3rd for him. EDIT - I see alot of people don't think a 3rd is possible. I still do because I think teams like Buffalo, Oakland, etc could possible raise his value by bidding against each other. Anyways, even if we only get a 5th for him, it doesn't really change my plan below. We just draft fat guys a little later than I had hoped. There should still be some solid depth at that point in this deep draft.

Finally, I'd try to trade Carter as well. Think we could get a #4.

My draft: now we have a #1, #2, #3, two #4s, #5, & #7.

With the new #1, I'd take the best availabe tackle (Hopefully Bulaga if we didn't need to move down to far.) Obviously we hope this guy pans out to be our future LT. If not, we move him to RT next year and use our #1 next year on a LT.

With the #2 i'd shock the world and take Tebow. We still need a long-term solution at QB. Tebow learning under McNabb for a few years sounds great as he is a leader/winner but needs time to develope. I'd also like to use him this year like he was used his freshman year to spell Chris Leak. He could come in to run some wildcat, fake draw passes, etc.

With the #3 and both #4s, i'd go best available fat guys (both oline and Dline). This could include a possible outside linebacker for the 34 D, even though I think Chris Wilson will be a pleasant surprise in this role. I don't care if its a T,G,C,NT,DE,OLB, just add some depth to the lines. We could use a young RB, but we already have 3 vets and Shanny likes Aldridge. I think drafting a RB this early can wait til next year when we already know which vets we want to keep and see what we have with Aldridge.

#5 & #7 are stricly best available any position.

That's my thoughts. Let me know what you think and what you'd do if your last name was Shannahan or Allen.

The former FO lack of attention to the Oline has us in a bind. This is a PERFECT position to be in to get your QB (assuming we wont be picking top 5 again next year) and have him sit behind a veteran for 2-3 years. But because we have no tackles on the roster, we need to draft a lineman at 4. IF (some people forget that it is a big IF) we can trade down, grab an olineman and get a young QB.

I would also sign Flozell Adams, sure he is old, holds, and jumps off sides, but he is better than ANYTHING we have.

Fire our front office.
:doh: Seriously?? Already giving up on them and not the first snap of football has been played.. :doh:
Remember when we got Jason Taylor? How about when we got Arch Deluxe and BLloyd? Remember our 2000 season?

How many times do we need to touch the steaming iron before we realize "Gee, that thing is hot!"?

A bunch of trades/signings.

*Carlos Rogers to the Ravens for Gaither.

*Sign Flozell Adams.

*Haynesworth and Campbell to the Raiders for Seymour and a #4 pick.

*Andre Carter to someone for a #4 pick.

*Our first (#4) to the Broncos for their first (#11), Brandon Marshall and another mid-round pick

My plan is to actually enjoy watching our offense again and score more than 21 points in 2 consecutive games!!! Oh joy!!!

I plan on watching NFC East games without the sense of dread and foreboding that we're being coached by Matt Hasselbeck's personal trainer and led by a flatlining no talent backup.

This is a good day.

Fire our front office.

I thought crap like this would've been done by now. I might have to go hang out in the tailgate for a few more months.

If we draft a QB at 4 I will just die.

You are going to die anyways. Colt is wearing #15 now. You need to change your jersey :pfft:

Archived