Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Big Weirdo

I've been reading a lot of mock draft sites lately because I'm a loser and have no life. But also because I love the NFL and I can't wait for the draft because I'm a loser and have no life.

I already feel something really ****ty happening for the Eagles. A lot of mock drafts have us taking an RB and an OT in the first round. (OT's like Beatty and Britton are likely to fall between the 21st and 28th picks)

I'd love to have Knowshon and if he's there at 21 I want the Eagles to take him. They won't because they believe you can find RB talent later in the draft (see: Brian Westbrook and Tom Heckert's statements on RB talent in the draft)

Andy LOVES lineman and I could easily see him trading up to get one if a certain player he covets falls within position of a trade. Having two first rounders makes it possible for us to move up to the top 10. I'd hate this move though.

Here's what will happen though. We'll use 21 on an OT like Beatty or Britton and then trade the 28th pick to gather more picks in the second round and we'll take a DT or a DE. Or a project from Cal Poly Tech.

**** my life. I can feel it coming. Who's the Houston QB this year?

The undersized DE/OLB hybrid from Richmond (name escapes me at the moment) has all the makings of an Andy Reid draft-day shocker. I've been so consistently shocked by the Eagles draft picks over the years that I actually spend time these days looking for the guy who is going to shock me when the Eagles use their first pick on him.

Oh well. The shocker picks have been been just about as successful over the years as the chalk picks. I've finally convinced myself not to tie myself to any player before the draft and not to get too bummed over a pick that doesn't make sense to me. Last year was the first time I succeeded, and we ended up with a pretty nice rookie class.

Eagles will be fine.

They find gems later on just as much as they miss on the early picks.

They build through the draft and will continue to do so this year.

I've always respected the Eagles ability to find talented contributors in any round of the draft.

Eagles will be fine.

They find gems later on just as much as they miss on the early picks.

They build through the draft and will continue to do so this year.

I've always respected the Eagles ability to find talented contributors in any round of the draft.

Yes. Their drafting is impeccable. It's so good, they've failed to win the SB in the entire history of the SB.

Really good.

Really.

Yes. Their drafting is impeccable. It's so good, they've failed to win the SB in the entire history of the SB.

Really good.

Really.

They're still searching for a QB that doesn't choke.

That said, a lot of teams are in the same position. Including the Cowboys.

Other than that, they do better than most teams.

I think the Eagles strategy is to draft all of the linemen so the rest of the NFL doesnt have any and have to start filling those holes with position players.

Or they have no strategy...

In Andy Reid's tenure, the Eagles have drafted one offensive lineman in the first round and two offensive linemen in the second round.

By comparison, they've selected one wide receiver in the first round and three wide receivers in the second round.

Considering there are five starting linemen and two starting receivers, the facts suggest the perception of the Eagles draft value is grossly out of whack.

Archived