Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Jason Taylor - Speak your Voice

ScottAH87

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I dont see a poll yet so i thought i'd start one. We've heard the news and and know a bit about it now. So vote and then explain why you voted, include your thought on the ups and downs of the trade.

i like the trade mostly because it was needed. I think we did a good job of not hesitating and getting the job done. i will miss our second rounder next year but with the way they handled the draft this year we could potentionally get a second round back.

Bottom line: Jason is a stud. We lost 2 on the first day, and we needed depth. We lost a 2nd rounder - but I can swallow that to shore up the hole. But not only did we fix our situation, I personally think we made it better.

Yes, the age thing is pressing on my mind... but I'll wait to see how he plays this year before I make any assumptions.

I can't vote. I don't LOVE this deal, but I def. don't dislike this deal. I think with the situation we were put in, it was a smart move. I believe JT jas at minimum 3 good years left being he has taken really good care of himself. And he is an A.C type of DE. Plays harder and stronger than his size says he should.

So I'm excited, but not in love with this deal until I see how he does.

Yes, the age thing is pressing on my mind... but I'll wait to see how he plays this year before I make any assumptions.

Don't forget that Philip Daniels, the man we were going to have as our starting Left DE, is 35. I think we actually improved that line by adding a proven pro-bowler. A. Carter + J. Taylor will have to be accounted for on every down....something we didn't have last year.

This entire situation in my opinion is a blessing in disguise.

At first I wasn't crazy. I felt much better about giving up a second round pick than a first.

After analyzing the impact, I think that IF AND ONLY IF Taylor plays out the remaining two years of his contract at the same high level he plays, than it is a good deal. He will keep the team at a competitive level and help makeup for what I think is a thin secondary with Rogers still out.

I also think it will by the team time to HAVE to draft another DE for another year so we can also focus on LB and DB, two areas which I have great concern over.

Don't forget that Philip Daniels, the man we were going to have as our starting Left DE, is 35. I think we actually improved that line by adding a proven pro-bowler. A. Carter + J. Taylor will have to be accounted for on every down....something we didn't have last year.

This entire situation in my opinion is a blessing in disguise.

Ah - exactly why I love this forum and decided to join. Good point on Daniels being 35... I'll miss his leadership. (And thanks for keeping it clean... I've seen lots of flaming in recent months).

It was an upgrade, even without the injuries. Without the injuries, most of us would have said not necessary. With the injury and depth a major concern, we absolutely had to pull the trigger on the deal, and I think it's fair on all sides. Maybe we'll look back and wish for Calais Campbell over Sleepy in the draft, but with out situation as it is it was the best thing we could have done, and I'm REALLY glad we were able to do it without giving up the 1st rounder Miami had been looking for earlier.

For those who think we should have gone another route, what route did you have in mind? Is anyone else on the market? Are there any other routes besides praying for Erasmus to get healthy/effective or bringing up someone who would otherwise be on the practice squad and hoping for the best?

He is 33 years old and we gave up a 2nd rounder for him. Hopefully this team will surprise me and [rove me wrong but stiil think it is an 8-8 team at best

Then you should have had us as a 6-10 team prior to this trade. Jason Taylor is good for a couple of wins.

Many people here claim the Skins' woes are due to their lack of a pass rush. We now have arguably one of the top 3 pass rushes in the NFL.

We needed to make this move.

This trade works if we are a team on the brink of a special season.

We aren't that team.

Lack of depth at key positions, a 1st year head coach, a young quarterback with a new offensive scheme, injury concerns at key positions, etc.

Our playoff appearances in recent years also prove that this team is still a long way behind other clubs.

Ah - exactly why I love this forum and decided to join. Good point on Daniels being 35... I'll miss his leadership. (And thanks for keeping it clean... I've seen lots of flaming in recent months).

What's the point of flaming someone on here. We're all just fans expressing our opinions on something we probably have limited knowledge on. :cheers:

After all, we all cheer together when the skins do well and flip a **** and point fingers when they don't.

How could anyone not like this trade, this was a great deal. Taylor and Carter will combine for at least 20 sacks this year.

And we still will do no better than a first round playoff exit at best.

The way I see it is like this...in a big game with everything on the line, we've come up short more often than not.

A Jason Taylor at the end of his career will have a limited amount of impact on a middle of the road team.

Unfortunately, we are not in the upper tier of teams in the NFL.

I personally define success in terms of Super Bowl wins. I'm not willing to lower my standards of success and say, "Well, Jason Taylor helped us make the playoffs." Big deal.

17 years later, I'd hope that we'd be a little better than a team that can compete for a wild card spot, provided that everything falls into place in terms of player performance, learning curves, and health.

Archived