Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins will be better when Dan starts throwing money at talented GMs

Boy1Der

If there is one thing that really erks me about Snyder is that he is will to go through so much to get the best players and even bring Joe Gibbs back. But never once has he said lets go out and get the best GM money can buy he can get the best if he is willing to give up even a little bit of control. Having all these long interview with coaches makes no sense he should instead be interviewing possible GM canidates asking them what time of team they would build how eitheir through the draft or free agency the cap who they think our good coaches and bring them in here.

Look at Arthur Blank the Falcons looked like a complete mess of an orginization that nobody wanted to go there and all of a sudden he gets the guy off the pats FO and a week later the land mike smith. Look at all the canidates we are looking at there all hot names because thats all snyder knows Spagnuolo looked good because he was in our division and he took his team deep in the playoffs. It amazing how the Giants found him off of the Eagles staff last year they didn't turn to any big name coordnator. The same goes with Baltimore they went out and got Harbaugh off the Eagles staff they of course wanted Garret but as soon as that feel through the had there next guy lined up.

We have no front office structure like that REAL GMs keep a profile of coaches ready to hire in case of every situation thats there job. That is why Dan needs these long interviews because he really has no prior knowledge on any of these guys if he did he wanted need to take strategy of ideas he would already know or have a basis.

The Skins won't truly be Great until Dan starts throwin all his money and energy into getting a real GM hopefully he after this mess in 2 to 3 years he learns that great lesson.

Eventually he'll learn we could have the best FO structure in the NFL because he is willing to spend money and a GM would love to have an owner who is willing to spend to win that means really no limits except staying in the cap. He will learn just not at least until the next time he has to hire a coach.

The fact that he was completely unprepared to launch a coaching search once Gibbs stepped down speaks volumes imo. Fortunately for Snyder this is the NFL, where you can succeed in spite of your own ineptitude (see Davis, Bidwell, Frontiere regimes for reference).

His ineptitude may bring success 1 out of 4 seasons but it will not wim Division Titles, NFC Championships or Superbowls this coaching search and Brandon loyd they have completly shaken my confidence in this Front office

His ineptitude may bring success 1 out of 4 seasons but it will not wim Division Titles, NFC Championships or Superbowls this coaching search and Brandon loyd they have completly shaken my confidence in this Front office

1 out of 4 seasons? You just crawl out from under a rock? The Skins were in the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years

Hey, at least at your young age you've smelled the rat. Many homers on this board could stand to learn from you.

Eventually he'll learn we could have the best FO structure in the NFL because he is willing to spend money and a GM would love to have an owner who is willing to spend to win that means really no limits except staying in the cap. He will learn just not at least until the next time he has to hire a coach.

If only I believed he'd learn this lesson eventually, I could sleep better at night.

Vinny is the defacto GM. People are frustrated because they want a Powerful GM with last say on all personell/operations dicissions. That's not gonna happen here. Snyder did not spend $800 million to sit back and be a "caretaker". Therein lies the 1st problem. The 2nd problem is Snyder's tycoon mentality. Snyder made oodles of money by agressivelly pursuing a project with $$$ and blowing it up if not immedeatly succesful.

Only two solutions to this cunundrum:

1) get revered figure that Snyder is in awe of (Gibbs, Cowher).

2) wait 10 years and hope he mellows out and sees the light.

The Skins won't truly be Great until Dan starts throwin all his money and energy into getting a real GM hopefully he after this mess in 2 to 3 years he learns that great lesson.
How can this 19 year old fan get it and the 40 something year old owner does not?

It's not a matter of money, it's the fact that Little Danny feels that he knows how to build a football team, simple as that. He's going to do it his way and like he said, if it ain't broke, don't fix.

As long as he owns this team, having a real GM is nothing more than a pipe dream.

1 out of 4 seasons? You just crawl out from under a rock? The Skins were in the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years

Yeah 2 out of the past 3 years with gibbs, in his past 10 years we have been in the playoffs a total 3 times. Before gibbs II we have only been int the playoff 1 time and you can't really give that to him because that team had been built by another FO, so I know whats going on.

I've been saying this for years. We need a front office overhaul and it starts with a GM or president of football operations. A guy in charge of personell, scouting, etc. who has the final say on all football matters.

I actually cant believe Snyder hasn't tried to do that and just throw money at so-called good GM's.

Archived