Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs sacrificed the game and players confidence for Brunell.

GaryGreenMonk

Sorry... but Gibbs sacrificed not only the game but the confidence the players had going, especially in a defense that is doing a GREAT job, by putting Brunell in the game and not sticking with Collins and allowing him some more field expierience and letting him take over the 2nd spot at QB.

JC getting hurt sucks, Marcus Washington getting hurt sucks, but really, let the players who played a GREAT game win the freaking game.

If that means mismatching the steelers by keeping some guys in that shouldn't be ... well then do it.

But Collins could have stayed in the rest of the game and nobody would have said anything except the coaches wanted a beter look at him.

WIN THE FREAKING GAME GIBBS... especially after an effort like that from your players...

:hammer: :hammer:

I know it's pre-season. Yeah whatever.... a win is a win to the players.. after a performance like that, a loss does nothing but have those guys that played their guts out like McIntosh, Lloyd, JC, Landry, etc... just walk off the field with their heads hangin low.

Wow, they should make you coach in the pre-season games. Why not just play the starter the entire game then? I'm sure we'd win with that strategy. :doh:

I didn't say play the starters... I said keep Collins in the game and give him some more game time.

Mostly because... HE MIGHT NEED IT.

But my real point, is after putting some much emphasis on winning in pre-season. Win the damn game after an effort like that from your defense.

I've heard the pre-season crap last season. We all know how that worked out.

Win the freaking game.

I do not agree.

You can not blame the penalties on Brunell OR on Gibbs.

They went down the field........he moved the offense.

And my lord.........EVERYONE realizes it was the back ups to the back ups.

Chill baby.

Really.

I saw the shot of them walking into the locker room.

NO ONE was hanging their head.

Congratulations! You are a genius! What a concept! Lets just keep in all the 2nd stringers who did well. Hell, JC did great! We shoulda put him back in once word was out it was a bruised knee:shutup:

Once again.. thats not what i said.

I said keep COLLINS IN... let him get game time.

But also.. do what is needed to WIN THE GAME.

The defense did great. Specials teams did great. JC did great until what happened happened.

The players did not need a loss at the end of that game.

Brunell is a teacher.... HE IS NO LONGER A PLAYER... HE IS A TEACHER.

I do not agree.

You can not blame the penalties on Brunell OR on Gibbs.

They went down the field........he moved the offense.

And my lord.........EVERYONE realizes it was the back ups to the back ups.

Chill baby.

Really.

I saw the shot of them walking into the locker room.

NO ONE was hanging their head.

A win is a win. Pre-season shmee-season..

Maybe they didn't walk out with their heads hanging...

But they aren't excited... which they could have been with 3 more points.

Once again.. thats not what i said.

I said keep COLLINS IN... let him get game time.

But also.. do what is needed to WIN THE GAME.

The defense did great. Specials teams did great. JC did great until what happened happened.

The players did not need a loss at the end of that game.

Brunell is a teacher.... HE IS NO LONGER A PLAYER... HE IS A TEACHER.

Well then why not let all the second stringers have more game time then? What makes Collins so much more important than the others?

Maybe if we had kept the other WR's in, the scrubs wouldn't have been ****ing up at the end. Why no topics about them?

Gimme a break... The WRs lost us this game. That stupid offensive PI and then the dropped passes. Brunell wasnt great but he made that great deep pass and only had a few that were that off. Besides, its not like Brunell was gonna just not play. Don't be silly.

A win is a win. Pre-season shmee-season..

Maybe they didn't walk out with their heads hanging...

But they aren't excited... which they could have been with 3 more points.

Oh puh leeze.

Which is it? Are their heads hanging or not.

Your first post said they were.

This one says maybe not.

IN other words.........you dont have a clue.

The players know that it is necessary to play the back ups at the end.

Those guys want to make the team also.

And........

I dont know why I should continue.

Cant explain to people who have no clue.

Well then why not let all the second stringers have more game time then? What makes Collins so much more important than the others?

Maybe if we had kept the other WR's in, the scrubs wouldn't have been ****ing up at the end. Why no topics about them?

I don't have a problem with that. Sure.

I think Collins would have done better than Brunell. But yeah, why not keep them in.

More than anything, I think this team needs confidence. Which means winning games. Pre-season or not.

And a game in which they out played them the entire game... to lose... even in the pre-season., hurts.

Can Collins throw a 36 yarder? We haven't seen it yet. He's still my pick for #2 (Collins if I wasnt clear) but I'm just saying I don't think giving Brunell the 4th quarter cost us the game. Stupid penalties and that fumble cost us the game, not that the game mattered.

Last year we were outscored 143-27 or something to that effect. This year we are up 24-18 so don't go comparing this to last preseason.

Archived