Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys sign Safety Tony Parrish

DeMarco Murray 29

Cowboys sign veteran safety

This just in from Todd Archer: The Cowboys signed 31-year-old safety Tony Parrish off waivers today. Parrish started 62 games for the 49ers but lost his starting job earlier this season.

He'd played in 121 consecutive games before breaking his leg last season. The injury caused him to to miss the final seven games.

Parrish has been inactive for the past three weeks, but his teammates were still surprised when he was released Tuesday.

Parrish will provide depth at a position the Cowboys have struggled with this season.

Posted by Matt Mosley email.gif at 4:17 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

He's well past his prime, but as long as he doesn't have to start, he will provide good depth for the 'Boys. Sort of like our Troy Vincent signing except Vincent can still start (albeit not anywhere near the level he used to be).

Are you kidding? Just last year he was one of the more underrated safties in the league top 10 for sure. He is comming of injury. If he gets back to 75% he is better than What the Cowboys have now.

It was somewhat suprising to see Parrish waived by SF. He is a FA at the end of the year and I was pretty confident the 49ers wouldn't retain him though. It is just weird seeing a player who was elite at one point in their career, to being waived later.

Anyway, about Tony Parrish's play. This year he has really been off. I am not sure if he doesn't feel totally comfortable back from his injury from the Bear's game last season, or age just caught up with him. But he hasn't even be activated the past few games, and was behind both Mark Roman and Chad Williams on the depth chart when he was cut.

I wish Tony Parrish the best of luck though. He was one of my favorite 49ers and was a great locker room guy. I hope the best for him.

Speaking of DB's, it was announced very recently that Walt Harris is the NFC Defensive Player of the Month in November. :D

Parrish is a balla if he's healthy. Could be a HUGE pickup for the Cowboys if he can somewhat return to form. He's a natural ball hawk and should be able to make plays given the players around him. All he has to do is watch the deep middle, I think he can still do that, but we'll see if he's lost too much or not real soon. I don't think anyone knows at this point.

Are you kidding? Just last year he was one of the more underrated safties in the league top 10 for sure. He is comming of injury. If he gets back to 75% he is better than What the Cowboys have now.

I'm wondering how a player like Keith Davis can make a roster spot in the NFL. Not to mention, in a playoff team...:doh:

Not as bad as the bum you made the highest paid safety in NFL history. Great move there! :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about the Skins...in fact, the thread is about the pukes...

I know, it's hard for you to stay on topic.

:laugh:

I'm wondering how a player like Keith Davis can make a roster spot in the NFL. Not to mention, in a playoff team...:doh:

this is why you dont post with no knowledge about the NFL. Keith Davis is one of the best special teams players in the league. Keith Davis is also not a natural free safety which is what he is being asked to play. Keith plays strong safety which he does really well. But the Cowboys matched the Saints offer during the offseason just in hopes of keeping one of the best special teams players in the league.

Who cares about a player not signed by the Redskins. Can't you post that on your own board?

Oh, that's right, most of your fans are bandwagoners. It seems like they just show up on ES when Dallas plays well.

Yep, I just found my 92 championship hat and shirt.

I'm once again wearing it proudly.

Go Cowboys!!!

this is why you dont post with no knowledge about the NFL. Keith Davis is one of the best special teams players in the league. Keith Davis is also not a natural free safety which is what he is being asked to play. Keith plays strong safety which he does really well. But the Cowboys matched the Saints offer during the offseason just in hopes of keeping one of the best special teams players in the league.

Indeed he is commonly considered the next Steve Tasker

:laugh:

Please check your grammar and syntax before posting, genius!

Archived