Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fringe site: U.S. prepares to face U.N. on torture as Amnesty report blasts 'war cri

Crazyhorse1

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/As_U.S._prepares_to_face_U.N._0428.html

Amnesty Internation is charging the U.S. with war crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq. Charges include torture, murder, beating a pregnant woman, and the usual unsavory list. Those who think the U.S. is free to re-write or re-interpret Geneva Conventions and international law would do well to follow the case.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/As_U.S._prepares_to_face_U.N._0428.html

Amnesty Internation is charging the U.S. with war crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq. Charges include torture, murder, beating a pregnant woman, and the usual unsavory list. Those who think the U.S. is free to re-write or re-interpret Geneva Conventions and internation law would do well to follow the case.

:insane:

First of all, your title is false. Please change it to comply with forum rules. There is a committee at the UN INVESTIGATING possible war crimes. The US has not been CHARGED with anything.

Your story is also false. Please provide a different link to comply with forum rules regarding FAKE or MISLEADING news stories. I have a close friend who is doing eight years at Leavenworth for supposed torture. (His name is Ivan "Chip" Frederick, if you care to look it up.) That proves the US has prosecuted and obtained convictions on our troops for this garbage. Your story states that the US has not prosecuted ANYONE.

Thanks for your typical WANTONLY false information. Provide truthful stories, legitimate sources, and accurate titles, or kindly go away.

Well, strictly speaking, the Amnesty International official's quote may well be correct. Mr. Frederick was charged with 5 counts of various natures, but none of them seem to involve a death. The quote states that no more than 5 months have been sentenced for a death.

I agree about the title, though. "Filing a report" is not the same as "Filing charges".

As of now, the U.S. has yet to prosecute a single official, military officer or private contractor for "torture" or "war crimes" related to its occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, or the "war on terror."

Not to be a prick, but here's the quote from the "story."

Nowhere does it say "involving a death."

I reiterate that this statement, which is the entire paragraph, is blatantly false.

Amnesty International = Blame America, Appeasing, Defeat-O-crats. Of course they're seeking charges for war crimes... they never wanted us to go to war in the first place. They hoped we would surrender after 9-11 and help build more hospitals and schools in Muslim countries as a token of our respect and and regret for the any actions that might have led to the attacks that September morning. Any questions?

I reiterate that this statement, which is the entire paragraph, is blatantly false.

You're right. I was referring to the quote right below:

"The heaviest sentence imposed on anyone to date for a torture-related death while in U.S. custody is five months," notes Curt Goering, Senior Deputy Executive Director for Amnesty International USA. "[That's] the same sentence that you might receive in the U.S. for stealing a bicycle."

Which actually almost seems to make the story contradict itself, regardless of the other case.

You are right on both counts.

You are right on both counts.

No, I see you're point on the quote you posted. It is interesting, as you point out in terms of the contradiction, that I personally know someone doing eight years for a lot less than murder. I don't think we're turning a blind eye to any alleged problem by any stretch.

Your probably right about that one :laugh:...and they will probably start wiretapping this site for me saying that..

-Grant

Completely different methodologyu of monitoring....no need to "wiretap" the site. In fact, "writetapping" is mostly a thing of the past. It has gone the way of the dinosaur, if you believe in them that is.

I think the real question here is what if the UN does find reasonable cuase that the us committed war crimes...yes probably nothing will happen, because of it....but thier will be even more blacklash at the administration poltically....

-Grant

Sorry, but I think our own media does as much to damage our image in the court of public opinion as anything the UN could do. Anyone that lends any credibilty to what that organization has to say at this point is ....(I don't want to offend anyone that still gives the UN any credibility)

Archived