Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season opening shutout?

SkinsHokieFan

Barring our O giving up a score, I think the D will absolutley dominate the Bears in the season opener

The QB battle right now is between Kyle Orton and Chad Hutchinson. Cedric Benson is still holding out. Mushin Muhammed is in his first year in the Bears system, and I predict will be an FA bust.

Stack the box and stop Thomas Jones? Is that all that Gregg Williams needs to do to shutout the Bears?

I think, if Orton starts, they'll connect on a couple throws and I think the Skins D will need a couple games to get their feel. Muhammad can go up and grab balls. He may snag one that we don't expect him to.

I can see a one score game from the Bears. But I'm not comfortable predicting a shutout.

I dont think Muhsin will be a FA bust because of his talents; he may be labeled bust material because of some QBs that he may play with this season, but that isnt a fair assessment of his talents.

Probably would have shut them out last year if it wasnt for the 70 yds INT for a TD.

I am pretty sure the Redskins will have a solid showing this game.

Greg Williams has already discussed "attitude" being a part of a great defense. He also mentioned being feared. I believe he wants to be known as the defensive coach that has the greatest defense of all time. This guy is really serious and takes everything, even details in a serious manner.

No..it would not surprise me if the Skins shut out the Bears. The game is in Washington so the crowd noise should disrupt Hutchinson and the passing game. Benson will not play even if he gets into camp by next week. Muhammed is not a deep threat and they should have very little running game.

I would go as far as to say if the Redskins don't shut out the Bears then they can't shut out anybody. However, even if the Bears get 1 score...I think thats all they can get. We should dominate them even if they get a TD. And most important...I would expect a couple of turnovers since the Skins will unleach a bunch of new blitz packages on Chad Hutchinson in a Super Loud stadium. Jailbreak time!

Greg Williams has already discussed "attitude" being a part of a great defense. He also mentioned being feared. I believe he wants to be known as the defensive coach that has the greatest defense of all time. This guy is really serious and takes everything, even details in a serious manner.

No..it would not surprise me if the Skins shut out the Bears. The game is in Washington so the crowd noise should disrupt Hutchinson and the passing game. Benson will not play even if he gets into camp by next week. Muhammed is not a deep threat and they should have very little running game.

I would go as far as to say if the Redskins don't shut out the Bears then they can't shut out anybody. However, even if the Bears get 1 score...I think thats all they can get. We should dominate them even if they get a TD. And most important...I would expect a couple of turnovers since the Skins will unleach a bunch of new blitz packages on Chad Hutchinson in a Super Loud stadium. Jailbreak time!

Actually, Muhsin is the worst kind of deep threat to face. He's not going to kill you with speed and even if you roll coverage, he's good enough to go up and grab a wounded duck in double coverage.

I can easily see an early season miscue or bad luck play where he scores on an undethrown long ball.

It'd be much easier to play him if he were merely a 5-11 speedster.

I was just reviewing our schedule, and, I really think we can start the season 3-0, but i expanded it a bit, and there's really no reason why this team can't start 7-0. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But none of the first 7 teams we play are anything special, if our D stays more or less the same, and our offense exhibits a competent level of play, we can win every one of those games. We can only hope!

Thomas Jones against the Redskins D will have plenty of problems. The Redskins D has the speed to neutralize the potential effectiveness of Thomas Jones.

Kyle Orton underestimated...How? He is an unproven QB going against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Thats not underestimating him that is reality.

The Redskins held the mighty Julius Jones to 0 TDs, Around 60 yds, including a forced fumble (By Taylor) inside the 5.

Moose plays for contracts, he always has. This year he however has something to prove/live up to. Unfortunately for him he wont have a QB that can get the job done.

Maybe Jeff Blake will be the comeback player of the season. Who knows.

I was just reviewing our schedule, and, I really think we can start the season 3-0, but i expanded it a bit, and there's really no reason why this team can't start 7-0. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But none of the first 7 teams we play are anything special, if our D stays more or less the same, and our offense exhibits a competent level of play, we can win every one of those games. We can only hope!

Welcome Bears fan. I appreciate the support of your team. However, all homers cannot accept truth when the truth is a negative.

The Redskins might have the best defense in the league this year...but at Home for the first game...for the beginning of Joe Gibbs 2nd season...with Greg Williams wanting to set some records on defense...they should at least be on fire. No I do not believe the Skins will shut out the Bears because special teams and mistakes happen and its just tough. Biut I really don't see more than 1 single TD....or 2 field goals, while the Skins will score more than 17 points.

Redskins 24

Bears 6

I just think it gets ridiculous around here how some people think that you've magically gone from 6-10 to playoff team. You haven't. There's a reason that the entire national media doesn't project you as being a playoff team. And no, its not a bias. It's because unless the Eagles fall apart, you won't win the East, and you probably won't even finish second in the East.

You'll beat the Bears, and this board will run rampant with playoff talk, because well, you'll start out "undefeated". I don't know if the Boys will bring you back down to earth, but you'll fall soon after the Bears game. I don't expect the Cowboys to make the playoffs this year, but I sure don't expect the skins to either. :laugh:

@Dallas, @Denver, @KC, @NY

You really think its possible to sweep these road games? Thats rediculous. Denver is like 12-4 at home in the last 2 seasons.

Lets start with a win week 1 and we'll go from there...

I just think it gets ridiculous around here how some people think that you've magically gone from 6-10 to playoff team. You haven't. There's a reason that the entire national media doesn't project you as being a playoff team. And no, its not a bias. It's because unless the Eagles fall apart, you won't win the East, and you probably won't even finish second in the East.

You'll beat the Bears, and this board will run rampant with playoff talk, because well, you'll start out "undefeated". I don't know if the Boys will bring you back down to earth, but you'll fall soon after the Bears game. I don't expect the Cowboys to make the playoffs this year, but I sure don't expect the skins to either. :laugh:

did you see the records that made it to the playoffs last year? The Skins or Dallas could've easily been in the playoffs.

:dallasuck GAWD.......I HATE THE cOWBOYS! And I can't wait for week 2. I have already planned to take that whole day off work and I am using a personal day so I can be home that night. That might be the 2nd biggest night of my life. (My wife has the other one). :laugh:

:dallasuck

And, for the sake of example:

Week One: Chicago - Win. It's the freaking bears.

Week Two: @Dallas - Loss. You've won one of the last 15, at Dallas, I don't think its homeristic to say you'll lose again.

Week Three: Bye - You don't lose this week! :silly:

Week Four: Seattle - Loss. Seattle always seems to start out of the gate strong, then struggle/stop trying late in the season. Too bad its early in the season.

Week Five: @ Denver - Loss. Denver doesn't lose at home, at least not frequently.

Week Six: @ Kansas City - Loss. KC's a pretty good team, and they made some nice additions on defense to boot.

Week Seven: San Francisco - Win. Even I'M not that cruel. :)

Week Eight: @ NY Giants - Win. I think the Giants aren't nearly as good as people think they are. You'll at least split with them.

Week Nine: Philadelphia - Loss. :)

Week Ten: @ Tampa Bay - Loss.

Week Eleven: Oakland - Loss. The real Moss in the NFL has fun.

Week Twelve: San Diego - Loss. The chargers roll on their way to the West crown.

Week Thirteen: @ St.Louis - Win. I think the Rams are completely hapless.

Week Fourteen: @ Arizona - Win. You pull off a second straight win, and everyone starts trying to figure out dream scenarios where the Skins make the playoffs.

Week Fifteen: Dallas - Loss. Discard said scenarios.

Week Sixteen: NY Giants - Win. Eli's out for the season with some elbow related injury at this point, Skins roll.

Week Seventeen: @ Philadelphia - Loss. The only way you'll win this game is if the Eagles have clinched home field going in, and decide to play all third stringers. :)

6-10, again. :cheers:

did you see the records that made it to the playoffs last year? The Skins or Dallas could've easily been in the playoffs.

*Nod*, but when I say "Playoff team" I'm basically saying Playoff CALIBER. Like, a team that could make a wildcard appearance in the AFC.

Sure, the skins or boys could have slid into the NFC wildcard spots, however, they weren't even close to playoff caliber teams. :2cents:

Don't underestimate Kyle Orton.

Also, Thomas Jones will do just fine. And Muhammad will be a player for the undertalented Bears.

I think you'll win the game, but you won't shut them out. 17-10 Skins. :cheers:

Kyle Orton?

Underestimated?

Are you serious?

Was it him choking midway through last season when the Purdue schedule got tougher, or the Sun bowl that makes you think he is underestimated?

:laugh:

Kyle Orton?

Underestimated?

Are you serious?

Was it him choking midway through last season when the Purdue schedule got tougher, or the Sun bowl that makes you think he is underestimated?

:laugh:

Kyle Orton is a good quarterback. Better than anything Tulane has produced recently. :D

Archived