Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is what I want for my birthday!

Skins24

You all have 8 days to get me one :)

nn20050518f2a.jpg

Robot lets rider walk and fire just like Gundam

MAEBASHI, Gunma Pref. (Kyodo) An environment machinery maker has developed a robot that can be ridden and maneuvered like one in the animation series "Mobile Suit Gundam."

Masaaki Nagumo rides his 3.4-meter-tall Land Walker robot in Shinto, Gunma Prefecture.

The single-seat Land Walker robot, standing 3.4 meters high and weighing 1 ton, can walk forward, backward or sideways at 1.5 kph by operating four pedals, and shoots sponge bullets from two air guns installed beside the ****pit, according to Masaaki Nagumo of Sakakibara Kikai Co., based in Shinto, Gunma Prefecture.

Nagumo, 32, developed the product over two years almost all by himself as he wanted to develop a robot that could be driven and operated to move like Gundam.

He said he thought such state-of-the-art robots as Honda Motor Co.'s ASIMO to be "excellent in technology but they are like Atom (Astro Boy)," referring to the cartoon robot by the late Osamu Tezuka. "I wanted to see a robot on which people ride and operate, like Gundam."

The Land Walker, which is made to order, costs 36 million yen. The price will be lowered if enough people place orders, he said.

The company's Web site has received more than 1 million hits since it announced the robot in March.

what does this thing run off of? Is it electric?

if so, I wonder what the run time is before it needs to be recharged.

Way cool, though. I'd like to take that thing for a few laps around the neighborhood. I'd fill the air guns with eggs :D

You all have 8 days to get me one

Damn, that's a tight deadline.

I've been working all day in the garage but mine doesn't look quite right. So far, its basically a pair of stilts with a pellet gun duck taped on. Happy Birthday!

Originally posted by bearrock

You get me my working model of the Millenium Falcon and I'll get you two.

Construction is taking longer than expected but should be up and running soon.

falcon-side.jpg

So where's my mech/gundam!?

:)

Originally posted by Skins24

Construction is taking longer than expected but should be up and running soon.

falcon-side.jpg

So where's my mech/gundam!?

:)

*waves hand*

You don't want your mech/gundam. You want to give me the Falcom for free.

Originally posted by GoSkinsGo

That kicks all mighty ass, I want a bigger one like from the computer game Mech Warrior from back in the day. That is awesome.

Arm that thing with a couple of PPC's and your all set to go. Add a jet pack and its DFA! :)

:logo:

DFA= Death from Above

Archived