Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone preorder an Xbox 360 yet?

grimreaper36

It's not supposed to hit the market until November, but I think it's going to be really hard to get one for a long time after that unless it's preordered. Each EB Games is allocated a certain number of units for first day of release and anything after that is when it becomes available. Our local stores started the preorders on Friday and as of this afternoon they both were at about 3/4 of their allocation. You can still preorder after the limit, but there's no certainty when you'll get one.

I'm a PS person myself. For no other reason than I'm used to its controls. I know the controls instinctively and can pass to receivers or throw the ball out of bounds without any thought into what button I'm hitting. ;) It would be tough to get used to different controls. I bet it will be tough to get ahold of until a little ways after Christmas. If the PS3 does the same thing I'll probably put money down for reserve. BTW, what's the XBox 360 going to cost?

Originally posted by chomerics

Looks like it's investment time for me :) Time to throw down about a grand at all the EBs around town and start selling them on E-bay before christmas. . . I should be able to double my money :)

Double it huh? I think you can do better then that

PS3 won't be available until next year, probably around summer, not sure exactly when but it definitely won't be out this year.

As for the controllers, the new Xbox ones are different than the old. They now have 4 shoulder mounted triggers similar to the PS2, but the sticks are still like the old system.

Originally posted by chomerics

Looks like it's investment time for me :) Time to throw down about a grand at all the EBs around town and start selling them on E-bay before christmas. . . I should be able to double my money :)

hmm, would it really sell that easily? I know PS2's were selling for double or more when they first came out, but Xbox didnt do so hot the first time around. Sounds like a pretty good idea, something I totally would wanna do.

Xbox 360 unveiled

This is a pretty good Link

to learn a little bit about the Xbox 360 and how powerful it is going to be.

"The Xbox is powered by a 733-megahertz central processor. The central processing unit in Xbox 360 has three 3.2-gigahertz processors. Each processor is four times faster than the original Xbox.

Together these chips deliver 1 trillion calculations per second, which puts it in the same teraflop category as the supercomputers of just a few years back. This massive amount of data crunching generates so much heat that the Xbox has a water cooling system like an automobile's radiator. "

It hasn't been announced yet if it will be backward compatible. Microsoft wants to do it if it can be done without having a negative effect on the new games, however I have seen a menu screen for the Xbox 360 with the game listed being Fable, which is current Xbox, so I think it may happen.

:doh: :cuss: Great. Just great. They're finally making games that push the present one and I'm behind on several games right now. And gee don't you know that they'll have more out for it before this monster comes out. Sigh. And they expect me to get this thing and then buy games for it as well and...................

Sigh. Okay. ;)

Why would you buy it early for double when there will be limited games upon release? Some people are just hardcore gamers I guess, but its lame in my opinion to fork over double the amount of money for a limited product

There are many ways to look at it, but when I think back to paying $299 for a Super Nintendo when it came out, then $360 doesn't really seem so bad for this.

I could have held off on buying a hdtv until holographs came out but I like having nice entertainment in my home. I could have continued buying vhs tapes but why? Once I would eventially buy a dvd player all those tapes would be useless.

I know the specs on this system. I've seen the screenshots of the games. Every game will support either 720p or 1080i resolution. Thats much better than any dvd you can play today. I don't think it's hardcore to not want to keep buying games for the system I'm not going to be using.

That's just me though....

Any sequel games due out at launch for Xbox 360? I know Splinter Cell 4 is coming out for all systems early next year, but I'm not sure what other games will have sequels coming out for 360, other than probably Madden.

Are the games going to be $50, or are they gonna jack them up? And I assume that it'll still play DVDs. I haven't decided if I'm going to shell out the cash right away, or if I'll wait. I think I'm only going to do it right away if there are some nice games that will only be for it, and they're not like $75 a piece.

Game publisher Electronic Arts said it would support the Xbox 360 console with popular titles including "Madden NFL 06," "Need for Speed Most Wanted," "FIFA 06," "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06," "The Godfather: The Game" and "NBA Live 06."

Games from other publishers include "Blue Dragon," "Call of Duty 2," "Condemned: Criminal Origins," "Dead or Alive 4," "The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion," "Full Auto," "Gears of War," "Kameo: Elements of Power," "Lost Odyssey", "Ninety-Nine Nights," "The Outfit," "Perfect Dark: Zero," "Project Gotham Racing 3," "Quake 4," "Saint's Row" and "Test Drive Unlimited."

Oh, yeah, almost forgot "Final Fantasy XI"

Don't know prices yet but I would guess around $60.

There's a lot of other games but this was an easy list to post.

Archived