Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MST:Onterrio Smith caught with kit to foil drug tests (Merged)

denverdan

Originally posted by Southtown

Probably a stupid question but how do you dry urine? Wouldn't it just evaporate? Dried urine turns into white powder?

Ummm, I think everyone here has had to dry their own urine and transport it across state lines at some point. :rolleyes: :doh:

Originally posted by dreamingwolf

"During the search, a Transportation Security Administration officer found "six or seven" vials of white powder in a clear bag, according to the report. Airport police were called to the scene and began inspecting the materials in a private room.

A sample from one of the vials tested negative for cocaine and opiates. Smith was then led into the room and identified the powder as dried urine."

I sure hope those cops didnt do like all the cops do in the movies when they find bags of white substance on people and give it the quick taste test.

LOL...oops...just pee'd my pants...

:doh:

Interesting, their website makes this claim :

The WHIZZINATOR is designed to be comfortably worn as an undergarment for extended periods of time!

So, wouldnt you have to have a very, very, very, very small penis, to be able to fit the Whizzinator in your pants. Dang, Ontario.

Transcript from the search in the private room:

Guard: One, The Original Whizzinator.

Onterrio Smith: That's not mine.

Guard: One credit card receipt for The Original Whizzinator signed by Onterrio Smith.

Onterrio Smith: I'm telling ya baby that's not mine.

Guard: One warranty card for The Original Whizzinator, filled out by Onterrio Smith.

Onterrio Smith: I don't even know what this is! This sort of thing ain't my bag, baby.

Guard: One book, "The Original Whizzinator And Me: This Sort of Thing Is My Bag Baby," by Onterrio Smith.

:logo:

Originally posted by MaddogCT

Transcript from the search in the private room:

Guard: One, The Original Whizzinator.

Onterrio Smith: That's not mine.

Guard: One credit card receipt for The Original Whizzinator signed by Onterrio Smith.

Onterrio Smith: I'm telling ya baby that's not mine.

Guard: One warranty card for The Original Whizzinator, filled out by Onterrio Smith.

Onterrio Smith: I don't even know what this is! This sort of thing ain't my bag, baby.

Guard: One book, "The Original Whizzinator And Me: This Sort of Thing Is My Bag Baby," by Onterrio Smith.

:logo:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5399102.html

Last update: May 12, 2005 at 7:17 AM

Vikings: Smith may face yearlong suspension

Mark Craig, Star Tribune

May 12, 2005 VIKE0512

Vikings running back Onterrio Smith faces a possible yearlong suspension pending the outcome of an NFL investigation launched Wednesday after a Star Tribune report that Smith was detained last month at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport with a kit used to circumvent drug tests.

Smith, a two-time offender of the league's substance abuse policy, has turned to his longtime attorney, David Cornwell. Cornwell is better known as the lawyer representing retired running back Ricky Williams in his attempt to re-enter the NFL following multiple positive tests for marijuana.

The Vikings, meanwhile, are powerless. They can neither punish Smith, per the league's interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement with the players' association, nor hide from the humiliation of being the butt of jokes about Smith and the device he was caught with, called "The Original Whizzinator."

Onterrio SmithAnn HeisenfeltAssociated Press"Onterrio has embarrassed the team, but, first and foremost, he embarrassed himself," Vikings center Matt Birk said. "He's a member of a team, and he represents that team. He hasn't represented us in a positive way. But I think he did more damage to himself."

Several other Vikings players declined to comment at Winter Park. Smith, who issued a statement through Cornwell, was among those who declined to comment through the team's public relations staff.

"Yeah, guys are talking about it," tight end Sean Berton said. "But I don't think we have enough details to comment."

Coach Mike Tice was brief, saying, "We will monitor the situation and see how and if the league deals with the situation." Owner Red McCombs didn't return a call.

The league isn't sure what, if any, punishment will be given.

"Under the terms of our [drug] policy, a deliberate attempt to substitute or alter a specimen during collection is a violation," league spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. "But the possession of paraphernalia outside of a testing situation will be investigated and action taken if appropriate."

Smith was suspended for four games last season for a second positive test for marijuana. A third positive test results in a yearlong ban. Aiello said it's possible but too early to tell whether this incident will be viewed as the equivalent of a third positive test.

Whether the Vikings can take action after the investigation is complete is uncertain. They positioned themselves to move on without Smith when they traded up in the fourth round of last month's draft to select Florida running back Ciatrick Fason.

"There are areas that are uncharted, and this certainly is one of them," said Stacy Robinson, co-administrator of the drug and steroids policy for the players' association. "Normally, anything drug-related is covered under the drug policy, and teams can't [discipline a player]. But I don't know where this would fall. Our legal department would have to look at it."

Aiello said the NFL is aware of devices such as The Original Whizzinator. This particular device includes a prosthetic penis attached to a jockstrap and a plastic bag. Dried urine is mixed with water and inserted into the bag. Smith also was caught with six or seven vials of dried urine.

"Our [testing] program requires that players be visually observed from the front giving the sample with their shirts off and pants down to their knees, making the effectiveness of such an effort remote," Aiello said.

Cornwell used that logic to release a statement defending Smith.

Said Cornwell in part: "The kit was given to Onterrio, and it was obvious that it would be useless given the collection procedures under the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. He placed the kit in his bag and simply forgot about it."

When told that his statement wasn't believable, particularly the part that Smith forgot that The Original Whizzinator in his carry-on bag, Cornwell said: "Well, that's what happened. I'll live or die with that statement, whether or not you believe it."

Smith told police at the time of the incident that he was delivering the kit to his cousin. Cornwell wouldn't say who gave the device to Smith.

"I don't think it's appropriate to say anything more," Cornwell said. "The NFL will look into it. We have no fear of Onterrio being suspended."

This whole thing is very funny, but it makes me angry at the same time. He broke no laws, he was charged with nothing, so why and how did this go public, how did the details get released to the press if not by airport security. Is this not a violation of his rights.

Archived