Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Have Been "SNYDERed"

unsonny

Just bought a couple of old media guides off EBAY, (1998 and 1999) They happen to be when Snyder bought the team, in-between those two years.

Now in 1998 the cost of the media guide was $4.95 (nice price). But, under the new owner - Danny Boy - the price DOUBLED to $10.00

WTF !!!!!

anybody else have some “SNYDERed” stories out there

You used to be able to "cash" park AT the stadium. Right outside the main gate "A" for $12 the first two years the stadium was open.

NOW, cash parking is $25 and you have to be shuttled into the game.

Parking was "Snydered" after his first regular season game as the owner...:mad:

I think taht we have all been "snyder-ed" since he took over. I mean look at the season ticket prices. The parking (the price for the tail-gate section at the stadium. We had to move our tailgate all the way to the back because of the damn tailgate section. Also look at the talent that he has brought in. OOOHHH Neon Deion, man I tell you what. UGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Originally posted by unsonny

I was SNYDERED at the draft day tailgate

how cheap is ONE port-o-pot for the day?

damn you danny!!!!

I should post pictures of how you "took care" of the lack of port-o-pots on draft day.....but I have class:cool:

Just bought a couple of old media guides off EBAY, (1998 and 1999) They happen to be when Snyder bought the team, in-between those two years.

Now in 1998 the cost of the media guide was $4.95 (nice price). But, under the new owner - Danny Boy - the price DOUBLED to $10.00

WTF !!!!!

anybody else have some “SNYDERed” stories out there

As someone who has a copy of every media guide since 1948 - all purchased off EBay - why in the world would you blame Snyder for the price you paid for something on EBay?

It's all about supply and demand... or the value placed on the article by the seller.

I've seen and paid varying prices for any given year.

Originally posted by Die Hard

As someone who has a copy of every media guide since 1948 - all purchased off EBay - why in the world would you blame Snyder for the price you paid for something on EBay?

It's all about supply and demand... or the value placed on the article by the seller.

He done called you a damn fool! :laugh:

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

I could be wrong, but I took it as that's what the cover price was on the media guide...not what he actually paid for it on e-bay.

That's what I thought too :laugh:

Originally posted by Die Hard

its the cover price on the media guides JACKIES

went from $4.95 in 1998 to $10.00 in 1999 (year of the snyder)

its the cover price on the media guides JACKIES

went from $4.95 in 1998 to $10.00 in 1999 (year of the snyder)

I'm pretty sure Snyder didn't dream up the price himself...

This is the way I think things play out...especially when business' change hands.

A new guy comes in, and says to his staff...

"This is how much money I want to make this year_____"

It's Snyder AND the people that work underneath him to find ways to come up with that figure.

It's funny how people automatically associate everything with Snyder. Granted, he owns the team, but sometimes it gets a little rediculous.

I saw a couple of drunk guys at the Draft Day Party go crazy when the Skins closed down the merchandide tent. When I walked outside you could see that the monsoon was about to take that sucker down, but these guys were still yelling, "G-D Dan Snyder....just like him to close the tent down..."

Originally posted by richard saunders

I'm pretty sure Snyder didn't dream up the price himself...

This is the way I think things play out...especially when business' change hands.

A new guy comes in, and says to his staff...

"This is how much money I want to make this year_____"

It's Snyder AND the people that work underneath him to find ways to come up with that figure.

It's funny how people automatically associate everything with Snyder. Granted, he owns the team, but sometimes it gets a little rediculous.

I saw a couple of drunk guys at the Draft Day Party go crazy when the Skins closed down the merchandide tent. When I walked outside you could see that the monsoon was about to take that sucker down, but these guys were still yelling, "G-D Dan Snyder....just like him to close the tent down..."

Hmm...I wonder who those drunk guys were.....:doh:

You said it yourself Richard that Danny said he wanted to make X amount of money and the people under him probably jacked up the prices on the media guides so the bottom line could be met....so it IS a direct result of Snyder.....not a ridiculous association ;)

Come on dude. You've seen the size of these media guides and the quantity of content in them.

You know damn well that charging $5 was practically giving them away.

Frankly, I think they're worth about $20 if not more.

You should see the quality of information in the 1940's, 50's and 60's. And the quantity.

Now THOSE are worth $5 :)

Archived