Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs is trying to put together an allpro specials team.

We have aquired between the draft and freeagent aquisitions what 11 guys that are supposed to special team standouts. Does this mean me going to start scoring a touch down a game on special teams?

It seems obvious why were picking up H's, Fullbacks, Linebackers and Saftey's to bolster the special teams play.

This could be pretty cool if we could dominate on specials teams, I don't remember this kind of emphasis ever on teams play.

:point2sky

I am so glad the he is signing these players because I don't like seeing our stars like Sean Taylor out there. Even though special teams are important, I still wouldn't want to see our star players go down on special teams. Save your starting receivers and corners for onside kicks.

Special teams are more about position than scoreing TDs, our kickoff teams were bad last year, our coverage teams gave up a lot of yards and we lost a kicker because of it. Going into last year I thought our special teams would be great, I hope these moves will change what turned out to be a major liability.

Originally posted by footballhenry

Yeah, I am really starting to like Gibbs take on special teams ALOT. i never realized they were that important until this past year with him emphasizing it :)

We'll be money if Gibbs is able to get the front 5 to protect Ramsey (or Campbell:doh: ) and allow the offense to perform at least at a mediocre level with a great D and ST to back them up.

I am very glad that Gibbs is emphasizing special teams....with a great defense and great special teams and a decent passing game and a good running game we should be in every game this coming year.....we'll get great field position thanks to our defense and special teams and then we will pound the ball away against the team we are playing and using play action passes a lot...I be you will see Ramsey working on his fake a lot....

A little too much a little too early. Let's see how the special teams comes together first. Just because says they are emphasizing special teams doesn't make 'em good. There are a whole lot of other factors.

Originally posted by ttjhicks

A little too much a little too early. Let's see how the special teams comes together first. Just because says they are emphasizing special teams doesn't make 'em good. There are a whole lot of other factors.

Party Pooper :toilet:

J/K :silly:

This is new for me, I've never done threads before. I was fortunate enough last year to be on the sidelines and in the lockeroom all season and the year before.

You should have seen Spurrier after the Dallas loss. I've never seen a football coach so depressed.

Trust me when I tell you that Gibbs has changed the entire culture on this team. It was for the last eight years and progressively getting worse, that after a tough loss all most guys were doing was figuring out where they were going to go party. Laughing, joking on the cells and standing in line to the jewerly box getting there bling-bling. Especially Gardner that SOB, it would piss me off. By the way Coles and Arrington are not included in this.

There is a totally different attitude last year, especially by the end of the season. I got to talk to Gibbs and Ramsey after the Vikes game and I said to Gibbs, "when was the last year we were able to stop the run?" He looked at me and smiled. Dudes it's been 9 years.

Do not be surprised if Gibbs is able to start making the half time adjustments on offense, he not as up to date yet, but he got better at the end of the season. Quote me on this, we're going to the superbowl.

Gibbs is the most competitive man you will ever meet and he's pissed.

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

This is new for me, I've never done threads before. I was fortunate enough last year to be on the sidelines and in the lockeroom all season and the year before.

You should have seen Spurrier after the Dallas loss. I've never seen a football coach so depressed.

Trust me when I tell you that Gibbs has changed the entire culture on this team. It was for the last eight years and progressively getting worse, that after a tough loss all most guys were doing was figuring out where they were going to go party. Laughing, joking on the cells and standing in line to the jewerly box getting there bling-bling. Especially Gardner that SOB, it would piss me off. By the way Coles and Arrington are not included in this.

There is a totally different attitude last year, especially by the end of the season. I got to talk to Gibbs and Ramsey after the Vikes game and I said to Gibbs, "when was the last year we were able to stop the run?" He looked at me and smiled. Dudes it's been 9 years.

Do not be surprised if Gibbs is able to start making the half time adjustments on offense, he not as up to date yet, but he got better at the end of the season. Quote me on this, we're going to the superbowl.

Gibbs is the most competitive man you will ever meet and he's pissed.

Great post. An infusion of positive and rational thought that is much needed here. :cheers:

Alot of fans expected too much from Gibbs his first year back after a TWELVE year absence. Give the man a chance to get his "seas legs" back will ya???!!!

For all the youngsters who missed out on the first Gibbs Reign: Get ready for the ride this year....;)

Archived