Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you still trust Gibbs?

Dallsux

With all the talk on the Board about the draft picks & with so many people unhappy with our off-season so far, I'm curious just how many of us still trust that Gibbs knows what he is doing & will do what is best for this team.

I, for one, still think that Gibbs is in complete control of the situations at hand & fully trust him to do the right thing for this team.

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

This makes a lot of sense no I dont trust Gibbs bring back Richie Petibon and Norv Turner.

Ya know, as negative as some people around here have been lately, I almost expect to come across something similar is nature.

I think that it's a fair question given the tone of the board this offseason. It seems crazy to even have to ask this question, that's why the responses above seem OK but we are still talking about a percentage of the fan base who've questioned the majority of the moves made by Gibbs this offseason.

I for one am still onboard and will be until the day he retires.

Why would anyone asked do we trust Gibbs? It's not his fault Mark Brunell didn't play well. Our team has finally showed some heart and character. We were in every game last year and with a little offense we would have been 11-5. I dont know what it is but Gibbs has seen something in Ramsey that he doesn't like. He still is giving Ramsey a chance to be the man I have no problems in anything Gibbs has done. As bad as I wanted Mike Williams to be a Redskin I understand the Rogers pick and can live with it. I could have cried when we passed up Big Mike but hell WTF am I but a fan. I'm going to love the team no matter who they pick in the draft.

Why would anyone asked do we trust Gibbs? It's not his fault Mark Brunell didn't play well. Our team has finally showed some heart and character. We were in every game last year and with a little offense we would have been 11-5. I dont know what it is but Gibbs has seen something in Ramsey that he doesn't like. He still is giving Ramsey a chance to be the man I have no problems in anything Gibbs has done. As bad as I wanted Mike Williams to be a Redskin I understand the Rogers pick and can live with it. I could have cried when we passed up Big Mike but hell WTF am I but a fan. I'm going to love the team no matter who they pick in the draft.

Hey, I know ... maybe the folks who can't seem to resist criticizing every single move the team makes---supported with nothing more tangible than standard fan-level conjecture, innuendo and selective application of facts---are beginning to grasp the concept that the professionals running the team actually might have a clue?

Yeah sure. Silly me. :)

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

Well, as was stated earlier, there has been alot of negativity around here lately because a lot of people thought that the draft was going to go one way when it went the other & now there are hundreds of threads just clammering with negativity about the picks, the team, the coaches, etc.

Most everyone was fired up at this time last year about the return of Gibbs. This year, a lot of people are complaining about him or his decisions.

So, I'm curious. I'm curious to know how many people have changed their thinking on Gibbs. I'm curious to know how many people think that Gibbs has lost his touch.

We, as fans, have gotten so used to the coaches & players changing hands every year that I think some people look forward to it now, no matter who it is running the team. Some people seem to think that because things didn't go/aren't going the way THEY thought they would that the team is doomed, which would indicate a lack of trust in the current coaching staff. So, I'm interested in finding out how many people trust Gibbs or doubt Gibbs. I didn't think that my question was that hard to understand. Next time, I'll try to type slower for you. ;)

Again how could anyone who is a Redskin fan not TRUST GIBBS? If you want me to answer your question again. I trust him and I think he has us in going in the right direction. I dont really worry about what people think about FO moves. All we can do is get over it I will love the team anyway. I thought we should have give Marty another year but I cheered for Spurrier also. One thing a fan can always voice their opinion whether someone agrees with it or not.

Archived