Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sportsline Power Rankings....

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Thiebear

We lost 1/2 the season based on "Brunell" There is not a sportswriter out there that hasn't written about it no matter the city they are in.

Then they say they don't believe in Ramsey and list us basically last... Yet Ramsey had a rating of:

61.2, 63.1, 139.2, 69.8, 103.0, 62.1, 100.8.

Which aint too shabby considering he missed 9/12 - 11/07 or one heck of a Training camp / 1/2 the season...

What-Evah!

The thing is, none of us have any more insight than this prisco guy. He says gibbs doesnt believe in Ramsey, people here say he does. But really, its anyone's guess. Nobody here or in the media knows for sure.

Originally posted by T.E.G.

Flow,

I am guessing that losing Hall a few years ago still doesn't hurt the Jets right?

Are you suggesting they'd have been better off in 2004 with a kicker that only played half the season?

Seriously, I am not sure how anyone could not rank the Pats #1. Even being a Jets homer, you have to know that the champs are the champs, until they aren't.

In my post, I said the Pats "still clearly remain the team to beat." I don't think I left that part up for debate. I did, however, take issue with the claim that they're somehow better in 2005 with David Terrell but without both coordinators.

Originally posted by thespaniard

This is the year where we will find out how much of the Pats' success is Belichek and how much was his coordinators...

Excellent point.

I have no doubt that Belichick is an excellent coach but how much of what gets done on the field flows from those assistants?

Like all great head coaches in this position time will tell.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

Are you suggesting they'd have been better off in 2004 with a kicker that only played half the season?

No, I am suggesting that those who belittled the signing of Hall saying that his loss was no big deal are now getting exactly what they deserve - a loss in the post-season due to poor kicking.

As for the Pats - I know its traditional for Jets homers to belittle what the Pats have accomplished (and what Mr. Brady has accomplished also) - but props to you Flow for giving them their due.

No, I am suggesting that those who belittled the signing of Hall saying that his loss was no big deal are now getting exactly what they deserve - a loss in the post-season due to poor kicking.

Doug Brien was 84% over the last two years compared to 75% from Hall. So, in that respect, his loss didn't appear to have been too big of a deal for the Jets.

Where the Jets paid was in the clutch. But one of the very reasons Hall wasn't re-signed was for his inconsistent performance under pressure, like in 2000 when he missed a last minute 35 yard FG that in all likelihood kept the Jets out of the playoffs.

So it seems the mistake was in the selection of a replacement of Hall, not the decision see him leave. The Jets just drafted the 3rd highest rated kicker of all time, OSU co-captain Mike Nugent, who is as well known for his performance in clutch situations as he is for his accuracy. Now, hopefully this situation has been more than adequately addressed.

Flow,

Brien's numbers are skewed because he played in a dome for 60-75% of his games for like 6 years. Dome kickers should have a higher percentage - since wind conditions do not play in those games.

Hall has been nothing but clutch for the Skins - albeit the nagging injury last year. He will be challenged though by Chandler, who is slated to make less than half of Hall's salary.

On an equal playing surface, I think they are very comparable - but I would take Hall over Brien when the pressure is on (is it me or does Hall always look stoned :D).

Flow,

Brien's numbers are skewed because he played in a dome for 60-75% of his games for like 6 years. Dome kickers should have a higher percentage - since wind conditions do not play in those games.

Hall has been nothing but clutch for the Skins - albeit the nagging injury last year. He will be challenged though by Chandler, who is slated to make less than half of Hall's salary.

On an equal playing surface, I think they are very comparable - but I would take Hall over Brien when the pressure is on (is it me or does Hall always look stoned :D).

I'm aware of Brien's dome experience. That's why I only gave you his last 2 years, which have been in the Meadowlands, one of the windier stadiums in the country. In fact, last year, he only had 1 dome game.

It's not just you, Hall does look high. Does it surprise you to know that cops pulled him over in 98 and found a quarter ounce of weed in his truck along with a pipe with resin? Kicking is a pressure packed job and the man needs to unwind after work. :high:

Kevin B I'm glad you carry my sentiment as well. Your post and avatar say it all. I want to be the underdog. Better for the team and fans. Go ahead sports writers drop us all the way to #32 gets me more excited 'bout the season than bein high on the rankin...

Archived