Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isn't great what's going on Phily.

Westbrook and Simon don't have contracts, thus meaning they can't participate in any activities the Eagles have, until after they sign.

At least they have a reason. TO has a signed contract, as does Taylor, and Moss if I'm not mistaken?

The problem isn't associated with any single team, its a league wide problem, and getting quite nauseating hearing about it year after year after year.

Originally posted by Excel

Westbrook and Simon don't have contracts, thus meaning they can't participate in any activities the Eagles have, until after they sign.

At least they have a reason. TO has a signed contract, as does Taylor, and Moss if I'm not mistaken?

The problem isn't associated with any single team, its a league wide problem, and getting quite nauseating hearing about it year after year after year.

Taylor and Moss have not missed any contractual obligations to this point. Owens has, and another key in Philly, Westbrook, has as well, simply by refusing to sign what is a perfunctory tender. Now, the Eagles should simply pay Westbrook with one of those famous contract extensions they are known for, and it is strange they haven't.

In any case, the situation in Philly and in Washington are entirely different. Every Redskin player of any significance is under contract, save the rookies. The Eagles have KEY starters who still haven't signed, along with one who is, and all have missed mandatory time for those players who are under contract if I'm not mistaken -- though perhaps the recent camp wasn't a mandatory one, as I've been out and still catching up.

Please don't embarrass yourself by putting the Skins and Eagles on the same boat with what's going on, as it's not even close to the same. What's worse is the Eagles HAVE money to give and simply won't, making it all the more perplexing they won't sign their good, younger players to long-term deals as they have been known to do.

Jesus, Art. Can all of us just take off our tinted glasses one time and say things for what they are instead of relying on technicalities and the such?

Both teams have problems. News alert.......most teams in the league are facing the same issues. I don't say this to take blame off of the Eagles FO.

Shoot, you are very misinformed if you don't think the Eagles worked like crazy to lock Westbrook up. They knew early what type of player he was. They just didn't want to give him feature back money because, well, he has never been able to prove he could withstand the rigors of being a full time feature back.

Your comments about locking up good players early hinges at a little bit of jealousy but I'll just let them go since they are so transparent in nature.

Finally, if you and some of your cohorts honestly feel comfortable about the Taylor/Moss situation because it's not mandatory, so be it. I can come right back with Simon and Westy havent signed their tender so technically, they don't have to go to any camps until they do.

Let's not be so childish. All the players listed are being problems. Lets just admit to that.

WB,

Which Redskin player has missed any contractual obligation?

None, right?

Which Redskin starter is unsigned, other than the rookies who may not start :)?

None, right?

Are you seriously suggesting I have a tint here in defending against you dips who think missing voluntary workouts is a problem on the level of what you guys are going through right now?

If only I was a lot more dumb, it could work.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You are right, Art. Everything is 100 percent perfect in Skins land. You have made a habit of using technicalities to win internet arguments.

I guess when you aren't winning many games, internet arguments is all you are left with. ;)

And, apparently, you are accustomed to taking wildly different statements and suggesting, simply based on your own personal charm apparently, that we must all engage you in conversation as if they were the same.

It's like you telling me a potato and a Daisy are the same thing because they both come out of the ground. It's ridiculous. Embarrassing even. Every team in the league has players who do not attend voluntary workouts. That's a pretty normal thing and while we differ in making such things important through our coaching staff, having a couple of guys working out off site is not even in the same ballpark as having guys MISSING MANDATORY PRACTICES AND THREATENING TO MISS MORE.

Surely even an Eagle fan would appreciate this logic, though, the question persists as to whether an Eagle fan knows what logic is.

Art is right. No question about it. Lets not compare players missing mandatory practices to players missing voluntary ones. There is no comparison that can be made.

As far as the Eagles problems are concerned...I think they are much more clearly defined in an earlier post by bhayesp. In short, those problems can be summarized with only one word:

ZERO.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You are right, Art. Everything is 100 percent perfect in Skins land. You have made a habit of using technicalities to win internet arguments.

I guess when you aren't winning many games, internet arguments is all you are left with. ;)

No one said everything was 100% with the Skins organization. The truth is, we can't tell at this time. Taylor's contract situation is still an unknown right now; rumor has it that he is upset, and may hold out, but that's all it is right now is a rumor. Neither he or his agent have made any direct comments about it. And Art is 100% correct that Taylor hasn't missed any contractual obligations. If he doesn't show up for the OTA's in a week or so, then there will be a problem. Until then, we're having the same problems as every other team in the league (players missing voluntary workouts).

Originally posted by Bufford

no, its not nice to see.

what a lame idea.

Lets hope they fall apart, so we don't have to beat a well oiled team with chemistry.

I don't get the whole taking pleasure in this.

T.O. is going to be on the field in 05. You better believe that...and I want him there so if we can beat them. Its not some weaker win.

Is that you Doc?;)

T.O. is clearly an attention whore. And he is slowly but surly tearing down the team and being a good example to the other players.

What do I mean? Well if you notice, T.O. isn't the only player holding out on that team right now. :smile:

T.O. is clearly an attention whore. And he is slowly but surly tearing down the team and being a good example to the other players.

What do I mean? Well if you notice, T.O. isn't the only player holding out on that team right now. :D :D

Guys, I wrote this thread before Philly's mandatory (they can take alot of money from TO) mini-camp. The point is that Philly made a deal with the devil when they traded for TO, everyone was convinced last year TO changed, but surprise he didn't and it will ruin there organization. Everybody knew what the history was and Reid ignored it.

Gibbs is recruiting the opposite type of player, he's been weeding out the one's he inherited. We have all but two guys practicing voluntarily, that's awesome! And a change.

So yes it's nice to see the biggest competition in our division make a mistake. Like McNabb throwing a pick.

I will be impressed if the Eagles go back to the SB in 05'. If you look at recent history, the Patriots are the only team that has been able to consistantly return. Eagles fans like to think that the Skins are going to be the same team that we are every year and nothing will change but their window to make something of this current roster is quickly closing. Our D will take them apart this year and our offense will finaly be on the same page. We were close last year with all the injuries and offensive problems, just wait till we come out this year starting where we left off in 04'. Skins are back baby, and it does not matter what the Eagles do or dont do with their talent this offseason...T.O. or no T.O. the East is a Beast once again!

PS. zero

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

Gibbs is recruiting the opposite type of player, he's been weeding out the one's he inherited. We have all but two guys practicing voluntarily, that's awesome! And a change.

So yes it's nice to see the biggest competition in our division make a mistake. Like McNabb throwing a pick.

Hmm, didn't Gibbs draft Taylor and trade for Moss?

Originally posted by ross3909

Eagles fans like to think that the Skins are going to be the same team that we are every year and nothing will change but their window to make something of this current roster is quickly closing. Our D will take them apart this year and our offense will finaly be on the same page. We were close last year with all the injuries and offensive problems, just wait till we come out this year starting where we left off in 04'. Skins are back baby, and it does not matter what the Eagles do or dont do with their talent this offseason...T.O. or no T.O. the East is a Beast once again!

PS. zero

I think the Skins will be hard pressed to be the same team they were last year. ;)

The Philly front office is a stellar organization, they scout players and assingn a fair market value (what they think is fair and it is 8 times out of 10 right where other teams figure it to be) They do not, will not over pay a player. The reason being that it hurts the organizations ability to compete on and off the field. Face the fact they make Snyder and Cerrato look like chumps on and off the field.

Archived