Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not excited about this year

WVSkins79

Originally posted by WVSkins79

Thanks to those that discussed the concerns I have. So many others didn't like it, but who cares? This IS a forum and whenever I feel the need to state my opinion, I will. You would think people would understand that not everybody in a forum is going to agree with each other. If they traded Lavar for the Patriots' 7th round draft pick next year I'm not going to stand here and wave a flag and say "Go team Go" just because the rest of you would. I come to a forum to state my opinion, not jump on a bandwagon or make cute remarks and try to make others like me.

you definitely made a point, I was surprised this thread was still going. Of course Id be pissed off over stupid trades, and the Campbell pick still irks me cause of what we gave up. However, from your initial thread title, why not be excited about the next football season? If we love football enough to actually join a fansite, I believe that says something. The Coles deal pissed me off, as well as the extra 6.5 million cap hit, but I just cant wait til the season starts up again. I do somewhat agree with your last line though, state your claim as long as you dont bash others.

Thanks. It wasn't exactly a goal, kind of just who I am. I speak what's on mind, unlike a lot of people.

Are there no positives to focus on?

If you won the lottery, would you be upset about paying the taxes?

And I'm not trying to antagonize you... I'm honestly asking you a question. I see a team that we as fans have thousands of reasons to be excited over.

Nothing in life is 100% positive. Let me repeat. NOTHING in life is 100% positive. You will always have negatives in any situation.

Question is... which one will draw your focus?

Well geez WV. What do you want? A pat on the back? Last time I checked, giving an opinion on a message board is the reason why most of us are here. Whether it's positive or negative. Bandwagon or voicing displeasure.

The way I see it, Ramsey is a good young QB, but he needs two things: Good receivers and pass plays called that take the receivers more than 2 yards down the field.

I, the homer that I am, have faith in Gibbs. Look at his win loss history. He wants core players, players with heart. He likes tight ends. The Gibbs O was never like a Rams O of a few years back. He likes diamonds in the rough. Timmy Smith types.

I'm thinking 9-7 this year.

Originally posted by Mark The Homer

I, the homer that I am, have faith in Gibbs. Look at his win loss history. He wants core players, players with heart. He likes tight ends. The Gibbs O was never like a Rams O of a few years back. He likes diamonds in the rough. Timmy Smith types.

I'm thinking 9-7 this year.

That's where me and the old ball coach disagree. I don't like Timmy Smith types. The guy had one good game in his entire career. I like guys that come to play every week! I still like Gibbs, but I cussed at my TV set all last year because of him. The main cause for it? The conservative two yard pass plays and all of the delay of game penalties.

That's where me and the old ball coach disagree. I don't like Timmy Smith types. The guy had one good game in his entire career. I like guys that come to play every week! I still like Gibbs, but I cussed at my TV set all last year because of him. The main cause for it? The conservative two yard pass plays and all of the delay of game penalties.

Well, you've certainly got the selective hindsight thing down cold. Any chance we can get you to share your sparkling nuggets of wisdom and insight about this coming season?

Originally posted by nneece

I have a couple of early predications which I'm sure I will get shelled by the hard core fans on this board. We will not get a Win against Philly this year. We will not get a Win against Dallas this year. We will split or beat outright the Giants. The rest of the games really don't matter because this will put us at the bottom of our division.

I'm a hardcore fan, but that's not why I'm about to disagree with you. You can call it shelling if you like.

Last year, in one of the few games I got to see out in Indiana I watched the Redskins hang tough for 4 quarters with the eventual NFC Champions. We lost by 3 points, but it easily could have gone the other way. I can't guarantee a win over the Eagles this year, but I can tell you I believe it's very possible.

In Dallas the quarterback play is even more alarming than it is here. Julius Jones is no Clinton Portis, and that stalwart offensive line gets older every year. Dallas picked up two ends in the first round, but I'd still be worried about their linebackers and secondary if I were them.

Personally, I see us splitting the series with each of our division opponents.

I can agree with us not beating Dallas. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm at the point where until we beat Dallas on a consistent basis, we won't beat them. The worst part of this is that so many times we had the better team and still lost. It's only an opinion and I would love to be proven wrong.

I am excited about this season though. This is the Washington Redskins. How can anyone not be excited?

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

I can agree with us not beating Dallas. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm at the point where until we beat Dallas on a consistent basis, we won't beat them. The worst part of this is that so many times we had the better team and still lost. It's only an opinion and I would love to be proven wrong.

I'm confused. If we can't beat Dallas until we beat them on a consistent basis, how do we begin beating them and establish that pattern?

Archived