Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dave Matthews: dead?

PSUHeckler

Originally posted by PSUHeckler

haha, ok as it seems the thread has gotten hijacked with DMB haters, and Tupac news - just letting everyone know it turns out it was just another rumor.

Sorry about getting everyone excited

I don't hate him!

I never saw more neked people getting it on in one place that during his show at WoodStock (the one in Rome, NY)

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Rock does NOT include a harmonca &/or a "fiddle."

Rolling Stones, anyone? Little Walter or Junior Wells?

Either your horizons are severely limited, or your musical tastes are as bland as a blank piece of paper.

~Bang

Originally posted by Bucaro

Apparently you know nothing about Rock then...where do you think rock as a sound originated from, folk (among others) which features all of these. As for Dave, not a good guitarist, the rest of his band members are some of the best at their instruments in the world. Their drummer, Carter, may be one of the best to play. Like them or not, cool, but that comment has ZERO musical base.

Actually, Rock originated from Blues, which in turn originated from slave songs, not folk music. Folk music is a form of blues as well, I think...but could also have its roots in European music or something...

Originally posted by jrockster77

Actually, Rock originated from Blues, which in turn originated from slave songs, not folk music. Folk music is a form of blues as well, I think...but could also have its roots in European music or something...

Rock did first evolve from Blues a lot, but Blues was not necessarily from just slave songs 'folk music'. Rather, it was a mixing of the New Orleans culture, as there was such a large blending of people there in the early 1900s/late 1800s.

I think Rock is just a mixing of a lot of aspects, mainly the blues/folk music, but structure of european music and whatnot, and instruments of all sorts. Im not a fan of Dave Matthews, but I cant deny their use of different instruments.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

I can't stand Dave Matthews' Band. I hate his music, his voice, & his sorry excuse for instruments pretending to be a rockband bullsh*t. Rock does NOT include a harmonca &/or a "fiddle."

You Madonna fans are all the same.

I guess you think Lynard Skynard sux too huh?

Originally posted by mjah

Insanely talented instrumentalists are not a guarantee of insanely good music.

Witness:

Asia

ELP

Any 80's "Supergroup"

Yes, DMB

(Let's see how thoroughly this stirs the pot.)

You forgot Damn Yankees

Archived