Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With our new pick #25 how about this...

convince

We all know that oakland wants to get back in the first round so, how about the possible trade of our #25 for one of their seconds and a third and a first or second next year. I say that they will be willling to add their first next year b/c of Al Davis and I'm sure they will believe that they will be in the playoffs. So it ill look like this:

Redskins Get: Raiders Get:

2nd(2005) 1st #25(2005)

3rd(2005) 4th (2005)

1st(2006)

This will aloow us more freedom as well to trade down and stockpile more picks.

There was a specific reason this trade was made, especially this soon prior to the draft and I believe it will be used for trade purposes only. It will be used by itself (or with a late round pick) for a player, packaged with the #9 pick to move up in the draft or as part of a multi-team trade. If you were targeting a specific player at the end of the 1st round, you wouldn't make this trade until draft day.

Originally posted by Jimbo

There was a specific reason this trade was made, especially this soon prior to the draft and I believe it will be used for trade purposes only. It will be used by itself (or with a late round pick) for a player, packaged with the #9 pick to move up in the draft or as part of a multi-team trade. If you were targeting a specific player at the end of the 1st round, you wouldn't make this trade until draft day.

I highly doubt we are moving up, in fact I believe we will keep that pick and deal down our #9 pick, there's a lot of talent in the 1st to 3rd round's just not a lot of top end talent, [franchise type players] we have plenty of need's and can address them all if we trade down from the 9 spot to say the 15th, we can get 1 of the top 4 or 5 CB's as well as target C- Chris Spencer to groom as our future center, and backup both center and guard positions, the kid is the good's, then we can go after Vincent Jackson whom I believe will be better than M.Williams, couple all that with a pick hopefully in the third rd for Gardner and we can get a MLB, that would be a highly productive draft.

If we decieded to draft Justin Miller cb. we could trade down a couple of times and really stock pile, Miller has a world of potential.

Archived