Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mocks from around the web have the skins picking...

skinsfan12

Nice research.

I don't like the way some of those drafts choose for us. For example On The Clock shows that Aaron Rodgers and Cedric Benson fall to us at pick 9, yet we draft Troy Williamson? Sorry, but that sucks. We can trade down, get another pick and still get Troy.

What is more valuable to me is to know who they think will be available at pick 9.

So I made a chart that shows which drafts have which players falling to us at pick 9. (The numbers by the name are which ones of the 30 mock drafts said the player we be available when we draft at pick 9.)

Erasmus James - all but 25

Matt Leinart - all but 28

Heath Miller - all but 17

David Pollack - all but 28

Troy Williamson - all but 21

Marcus Spears - all but 1, 6

Alex Barron - all but 16, 26, 28

Shawne Merriman - all but 7, 13, 27

Pac Man Jones - 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 22 - 28, 30

Derrick Johnson - 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 29, 30

Antrel Rolle - 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 19, 21, 25, 28

Cadillac Williams - 9, 18 ,19, 21, 22, 27, 29

Braylon Edwards - 1, 13, 20, 25, 26

Alex Smith - 7, 15, 26, 27, 28

Cedric Benson - 1, 6, 13, 16

Ronnie Brown - 17, 20, 28

Aaron Rodgers - 3, 16

Mike Williams - 17, 28

Here's the percent of mock drafts that had the player fall to pick 9:

Erasmus James - 96.7%

Matt Leinart - 96.7%

Heath Miller - 96.7%

David Pollack - 96.7%

Troy Williamson - 96.7%

Marcus Spears - 93.3%

Alex Barron - 90%

Shawne Merriman - 90%

Pac Man Jones - 63.3%

Derrick Johnson - 43.3%

Antrel Rolle - 43.3%

Cadillac Williams - 23.3%

Braylon Edwards - 16.7%

Alex Smith - 16.7%

Cedric Benson - 13.3%

Ronnie Brown - 10%

Aaron Rodgers - 6.7%

Mike Williams - 6.7%

Originally posted by jbooma

Why isn't the CB from Auburn getting much play as a top CB?? I thought he was better then the others, just had an off year.

I think you're confusing him with Corey Webster from LSU. Webster had he left last year was a consensus 1st round corner. Had a bad year and some injuries and now is considered a 2nd-3rd rounder. Carlos Rogers, the CB from Auburn had a great year, won the Thorpe Award for best DB I believe. He doesn't have the hype coming into the season that Rolle did and Pac Man gets major love from every draft expert. Rogers isn't as flashy or a big name like those two, though he probably is just a skilled. The major knock on Rogers is his age, I believe he's 24 already.

Well we will all know in a matter of weeks I think that this draft is going to be a good one because I remember last year that most sites had the first five picks on point or right on it weeks ahead. The problem is that there is no clear number one and if you aren't sure who is going to be the first player picked it hard to predict 31 others.

Originally posted by Utah

Alot of good work here. Would be great if we could come up with something to have on the site that would track all of this stuff.

Just in case everyone has missed it or I did, isn't this also a place to get alot of this info?

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

Utah, check out the Extremeskins War Room to see what we have done to address the Draft.

Originally posted by Utah

Alot of good work here. Would be great if we could come up with something to have on the site that would track all of this stuff.

Just in case everyone has missed it or I did, isn't this also a place to get alot of this info?

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

Because one of the owners believes it to be the most useless information related to NFL football.

Since when did anyone care what 30 other strangers on the internet think about the draft?

And since when did anyone care what 30 other non-Redskins think the Redskins are going to do with the #9 pick?

I'd be willing to be the average person doesn't read 30 posts of a single topic (thread) posted by the fellow members of this community (Redskins fans).

The fact is, those 30 opinions (mock drafts) have as much validity as going to igglephans.com and asking them for their opinion?

Who cares?

WOW, did I step on someone's toes or what. :kungfu:

iheartskins, good stuff. Very nice work and since my season is dying down, I will have more time to actually pay attention to everything on the board.

i love the draft.. not only is it much needed football exposure, but especially this year.. .. it seems like more than most years there is no real idea of what will happen... i'm sure we'll know more by the time the draft comes.. but still it will be very exciting... i cant wait for the april madness!

Archived