Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Merged) Terri Schiavo passes

Thiebear

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

How many huge fights and violent outbursts came from her parents and simblngs 15 minutes before she died then?

Please, all can see how vindictive and cruel this was. Even those who totally disagree with the parents can see that part.

Honestly, no I can't. He wanted to be alone with her when she passed. In light of all that has happened, how could he want anything else?

Originally posted by Predicto

Honestly, no I can't. He wanted to be alone with her when she passed. In light of all that has happened, how could he want anything else?

I think he could have been a major bridge builder and helped everyone come a step closer to healing if he had given them that one small courtesy.

Now, if they personally had been rough with him during the other visits (and I suppose they could have been and it wasnt reported, but most likely not) then I could understand the decision.

It's another case of "we don't really know the circumstances" so I will try to keep an open mind as well.

I keep thinking back to all the loved ones who I have lost after long hospital stays. Everytime we had our whole family from teens all the way up to my 100 yr old gramps in the room supporting them and giving peaceful prayers and words to help them pass.

maybe I am personalizing it in context to my own experiences?

well considering they were essentially calling him a murderer in the press and saying he abused her...neither of which were true you would think that he might be a bit peeved.....he just wanted to be left in peace to mourn the passing of his wife...who's wishes he spent 12 years fighting for....

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

well considering they were essentially calling him a murderer in the press and saying he abused her...neither of which were true you would think that he might be a bit peeved.....he just wanted to be left in peace to mourn the passing of his wife...who's wishes he spent 12 years fighting for....

I think if you read my last post it will clarify my position and though process on it.

nuff said?

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

I think he could have been a major bridge builder and helped everyone come a step closer to healing if he had given them that one small courtesy.

Now, if they personally had been rough with him during the other visits (and I suppose they could have been and it wasnt reported, but most likely not) then I could understand the decision.

It's another case of "we don't really know the circumstances" so I will try to keep an open mind as well.

I keep thinking back to all the loved ones who I have lost after long hospital stays. Everytime we had our whole family from teens all the way up to my 100 yr old gramps in the room supporting them and giving peaceful prayers and words to help them pass.

maybe I am personalizing it in context to my own experiences?

While I agree that it would have good for him to have done this, I think even Jesus himself might have had a bit of trouble stepping back and being a bridge builder after all that has happened for the past 15 years. You are right - we really cannot know.

There must really be some bad blood between the family and Michael. I mean they went from living together for a couple of years after the incident, to not even able to be in the same room when the girl they love is in her final moments.

I'm trying to think what I would have done in that situation, and I think I would have let the mom, dad and siblings have the final moments. Figuring I won "the battle" and I'm going to be taking her body away...I'd probably let the parents have the last moments.

...but man, there must be serious issues between these people...

...guess I'll read about it in the books that will be published now :(

For those that think Micheal was mean in telling the parents to leave you haven't heard the entire story.

The actual hospice workers asked the parents to leave so they could do a normal assesment, the father refused and made a big stink about it that the director of the hospice had to ask him to leave, they then had a cop come in and take him out, and he started fighting with the cop. After he left they then saw that Terri was about to die so asked Michael what he wanted, he didn't want a cop in the room and wanted it to be as normal as possible so didn't let the parents back in.

If the dad could ever act like a responsible adult, he might have let him in.

The parents were with her for a long time before this happened.

Originally posted by jbooma

For those that think Micheal was mean in telling the parents to leave you haven't heard the entire story.

The actual hospice workers asked the parents to leave so they could do a normal assesment, the father refused and made a big stink about it that the director of the hospice had to ask him to leave, they then had a cop come in and take him out, and he started fighting with the cop. After he left they then saw that Terri was about to die so asked Michael what he wanted, he didn't want a cop in the room and wanted it to be as normal as possible so didn't let the parents back in.

If the dad could ever act like a responsible adult, he might have let him in.

The parents were with her for a long time before this happened.

WRONG! The Brother was in there not the father...

And it was the brother and sister... They were asked to leave after they went and got the husband 16 minutes before she passed....

To say the Husband was going to let them stay is wrong. The lawyers already tried to work that out and Michael said no...

Michael didnt want a cop in the room AHAHAHAH the Lawyer is o.k. though but no cop...

So it was micheal somone else, his brother and his lawyer...

Sounds peachy...

Originally posted by Thiebear

WRONG! The Brother was in there not the father...

they lawyer mentioned the father, so who knows, the point is why start a fight when the hospice is trying to do their job, grow up and act like adults, the only person who has been doing this is the husband

I am scared now that they are going to force congress to pass some type of law giving the family the say in a certain similar situation, we are treading on dangerous ground here I believe.

Archived