Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Christians call on Bush Bros. to Save Shaivo

chomerics

Originally posted by chomerics

A terminally ill cancer patient can interact with their enviornment. A terminially ill cancer patient can communicate, recognize people, process information and think. A terminally ill cancer patient has a brain, she does not. This is such a flawed argument, it is laughable.

She has been living in this state for over 15 years, itn't that long enough to make somebody suffer?

Yes, but the cancer patients life is hellish. Why make them suffer any longer? You were the one who called Terri's life 'hellish'...are you implying she has some sense as to what is going on around her? I mean if she's "dead" then she isn't in any pain. She isn't even aware her life sucks? She isn't suffering...

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

Yes, but the cancer patients life is hellish. Why make them suffer any longer? You were the one who called Terri's life 'hellish'...are you implying she has some sense as to what is going on around her? I mean if she's "dead" then she isn't in any pain. She isn't even aware her life sucks? She isn't suffering...

Read Tarhog's comment and absorb it. He makes a lot of sense (as usual) and he is spot on.

There is a major difference between somebody with cancer and Terri, I mentioned it before, you just failed to see it.

Are you going to answer my question?

Do you want to live like her? If it was you, would you want to live your entire life without any interaction with your enviornment, no brain function, nothing?

Are you going to answer my question?

Do you want to live like her? If it was you, would you want to live your entire life without any interaction with your enviornment, no brain function, nothing?

Nobody desires that. Nobody wants to be on their death bed. Nobody wants to be PVS. So no, I personally would not want to live like that (I'm going to go out on a limb and say you won't find many who do want to). But then again, there aren't many people who are eager to die either. (But there are people who say I don't want a machine to keep me alive, but I would want to live with a feeding tube)

You think she is dead..I think she is alive. I'm not going to change your opinon and you are not going to change mine. So, I think I've had enough of this issue. She'll die in a matter of days and it will not matter. She'll be better off and so will her husband.

I'm going to focus my efforts on other things...like saving beached whales or figuring out who the Redskins will draft with the #9 pick.

Hopefully I've not said anything offensive to you in this debate chomerics. I don't think I have...but if I did I apologize. Funny thing is I purposefully avoid political/religious topics because my primary purpose in coming to this board is to talk Redskin football...not get pissed at other Redskin fans over these issues. So I'm going to bow out while we're still buds...right? :cheers: (unless of course you have another question that I have not answered or need to answer...

Nobody desires that. Nobody wants to be on their death bed. Nobody wants to be PVS. So no, I personally would not want to live like that (I'm going to go out on a limb and say you won't find many who do want to). But then again, there aren't many people who are eager to die either. (But there are people who say I don't want a machine to keep me alive, but I would want to live with a feeding tube)

You think she is dead..I think she is alive. I'm not going to change your opinon and you are not going to change mine. So, I think I've had enough of this issue. She'll die in a matter of days and it will not matter. She'll be better off and so will her husband.

I'm going to focus my efforts on other things...like saving beached whales or figuring out who the Redskins will draft with the #9 pick.

Hopefully I've not said anything offensive to you in this debate chomerics. I don't think I have...but if I did I apologize. Funny thing is I purposefully avoid political/religious topics because my primary purpose in coming to this board is to talk Redskin football...not get pissed at other Redskin fans over these issues. So I'm going to bow out while we're still buds...right? :cheers: (unless of course you have another question that I have not answered or need to answer...

Nut, your not a bad guy. Don't let a punk ass b!tch like myself push you around :laugh:

I came out a little harsh on you, and for that, I apologize. I just did not like the comment about her husband.

I took out a lot of frustration on you, after watching Fox News, and listening to Rush earlier talk about how her husband was a murderer, then finding out the doctor they're quoting is a crook as well, I kind of went off. I read your post and it was the straw that broke the camels back, I'm not proud of doing it, but sometimes I just do what I think is right, even though I know it is wrong. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, don't ever take anything I write as personal. I get into a lot of heated discussions on this board, and I am not afraid to voice my opinion :shhh:, which differes from a lot of other posters here. But that is what makes both the tailgate and our country so great. Two people with completely different outlooks on life can debate, hash out opinions for all to see, and still find common ground, while being respectful to each other. :cheers:

Gotcha Bro' :cheers:

Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but I am leaning to the husband's side now. Not totally...but I wish I never said he was a scumbag. It was an irrational statement based upon things I've read. Actually, now I do find myself wondering more about the parents than him. But like I said...I'm done with this case for now. Gonna just hope her passing is quick and as painless as possible.

Take care man...

Guest Gichin13

Why would we not respect a contract/living will? Maybe the person did change their mind...but if they didn't take care of it legally then the document stands.

If I had a will that said DarkLadyRaven gets 100% of my assets when I die (don't get excited...I don't have much anyway:) )....then a few years later I say "What was I thinking? I'm not giving money to a Ravens fan". And I tell my wife....don't give any money to Raven when I die. Which one stands up in a court of law...my written will or my wife's word of mouth?

IF there was a living will in this case it's a slam dunk issue. But there's not...

Written will controls unless you revoke it by codicil. Same thing I believe would apply to advanced health care directive.

Guest Gichin13

I came out a little harsh on you, and for that, I apologize. I just did not like the comment about her husband.

I took out a lot of frustration on you, after watching Fox News, and listening to Rush earlier talk about how her husband was a murderer, then finding out the doctor they're quoting is a crook as well, I kind of went off. I read your post and it was the straw that broke the camels back, I'm not proud of doing it, but sometimes I just do what I think is right, even though I know it is wrong. If that makes any sense.

Same thing happened to me on the other thread, and for about the same reason -- listening to Hannity in car and reading a couple posters comments about the husband trying to kill the wife and hide the evidence.

But apparently you did not think I lost it :laugh:

All I am thinking now is thank God I have avoided watching the "news" on this issue.

Any time I hear her name the channel changes. I'll just talk about the big political ramifications of it, not the specific case

Is my head in the sand? Yeah probably, but sometimes I like it that way

Sorry if this has been posted already. Crazy stuff.

SEMINOLE, Fla. --  A man was arrested after trying to steal a weapon from a gun shop so he could "take some action and rescue Terri Schiavo," authorities said.

Michael W. Mitchell, of Rockford, Ill., entered Randall's Firearms Inc. in Seminole just before 6 p.m. Thursday with a box cutter and tried to steal a gun, said Marianne Pasha, a spokeswoman for the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

Mitchell, 50, told deputies he wanted to "take some action and rescue Terri Schiavo" after he visited the Pinellas Park hospice where she lives, Pasha said. [...]

Randy McKenzie, the owner of Randall's Firearms, said Mitchell pulled out the box cutter and broke the glass on a couple of display cases.

"He told me if I wasn't on Terri's side then I wasn't on God's side, either," McKenzie told The Associated Press.

Originally posted by Hooper

Sorry if this has been posted already. Crazy stuff.

SEMINOLE, Fla. --  A man was arrested after trying to steal a weapon from a gun shop so he could "take some action and rescue Terri Schiavo," authorities said.

Michael W. Mitchell, of Rockford, Ill., entered Randall's Firearms Inc. in Seminole just before 6 p.m. Thursday with a box cutter and tried to steal a gun, said Marianne Pasha, a spokeswoman for the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

Mitchell, 50, told deputies he wanted to "take some action and rescue Terri Schiavo" after he visited the Pinellas Park hospice where she lives, Pasha said. [...]

Randy McKenzie, the owner of Randall's Firearms, said Mitchell pulled out the box cutter and broke the glass on a couple of display cases.

"He told me if I wasn't on Terri's side then I wasn't on God's side, either," McKenzie told The Associated Press.

Watching FOX News now and they are saying someone has been arrested in North Carolina for soliciting someone to kill Michael and a Florida judge.

Fuggin' nutcases.

Archived