Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dan snyder

ohioskinfan

i have not seen anyone address this, so here it goes. what i see as the underlying benefit of hiring jg, is dan snyder will be the best owner in football after these 5 years. i have seen several negative things posted about dan snyder, but being dumb is not one of them.

i feel after these 5 years , dan will know how to run an nfl team from top to bottom. he will have a grasp on personell moves and their value, how to build a winning team, how dedication and loyalty works 2 ways in the orginization, and what to expect from any future coach he hires.

dan is a smart buiness man, and he now will have a orginization model based on the nfl to follow, a new bar is set in washington, and dan is smart enough to grasp all these concepts jg will be displaying, and utilize them in the future.

now the big question? will we ever go back to the glory years of the 80s? its hard to say if we will ever win another sb, but we will be competitive, have a well run orginization, and a owner who is a great fan, who can now provide the leadership for our team.

hail redskins, and hang in there dan, your respect will come as you learn these concepts, and hopefully positive press will follow.

How do you think he'll be the best owner in five years? JG hasn't even proven that he can be a winning coach in the modern NFL, to say nothing of his ability to teach an owner who has shown little capacity to learn.

Owners like the Rooneys, Lurie in Philly, and of course Kraft in New England have set the bar high. Snyder has proven approximately nothing next to these guys.

Originally posted by barry wilburn

How do you think he'll be the best owner in five years? JG hasn't even proven that he can be a winning coach in the modern NFL, to say nothing of his ability to teach an owner who has shown little capacity to learn.

Owners like the Rooneys, Lurie in Philly, and of course Kraft in New England have set the bar high. Snyder has proven approximately nothing next to these guys.

Snyder has proven that he can make money with an NFL franchise....even though we go 6-10 we are amongst the most profitable organizations in the league.....I think the point is that Coach Gibbs will show how to run a football team not a franchise. You can say what you will about Coach Gibbs he knows how to run a team...

I think what you're trying to say, ohio, is that an unexpected benefit of Gibbs being here is that it is kind of a "Football 101" course for Dan Snyder which will benefit the organization long after Gibbs' departure.

Is this correct?

If so, I agree. Good point. :cheers:

When was the last time the Rooneys won a SB? or the Luries?

Does hiring the ONLY coach to EVER win 3 SB for the Redskins, the ONLY coach to win SBs with 3 different QBs, the ONLY Coach to prove he can build a winner in more than one sport, and the ONLY living Redskins Coach inducted to the HOF count as showing the 'capacity to learn'?

Come on man, if you are going to slam Snyder and Gibbs, at LEAST show the courtesy to know something about them, the team, and their history.

I think that Snyder was already becoming a good owner when Spurrier was here, but you can see that Dan has already learned some valuable lessons from Gibbs. He's staying way in the backround, he's not talking to the press, and he's not overpaying players. As bad of an owner as Snyder was when he first got the team, I truly believe he will be one of the very best in the future.

The Rooney's have won. See Terry Bradshaw. It was just the elder deceased Rooney.

Regardless, JKC was a much better owner than all these guys. On a lot of levels. First owner to build a stadium with his own funds, thus leaving his franchise with the ability to become the richest franchise in the history of North American sports. JKC won three SB's during his ownership under one coach who he took a major shot on in the first place.

Snyder has proven himself to be willing to try most anything. He went after high priced veterans and failed. He went after young guys who were restricted FA's and so far has been vaguely successful. He has brought back the man that we all prayed on some level or another to be the coach of our franchise once again. We owe Snyder a little reprieve for at least bringing Gibbs back into the fold. Who was anything but estatic when Gibbs came back with all the boys.

Snyder is young in the game. He deserves a little time.

Originally posted by Blade

When was the last time the Rooneys won a SB? or the Luries?

Does hiring the ONLY coach to EVER win 3 SB for the Redskins, the ONLY coach to win SBs with 3 different QBs, the ONLY Coach to prove he can build a winner in more than one sport, and the ONLY living Redskins Coach inducted to the HOF count as showing the 'capacity to learn'?

Come on man, if you are going to slam Snyder and Gibbs, at LEAST show the courtesy to know something about them, the team, and their history.

Not trying to slam Gibbs and Snyder, just making the point that it is absurd to think that Snyder will become the BEST owner in the league because of Gibbs. The original post seemed to guarantee a magical transformation, and while it is certainly possible, I wouldn't bet the house on it. Listen, we all like to think that Snyder's hiring of Gibbs is a really smart move, but at the end of the day it was also the move that would make the most profit, so it doesn't necessarily show that Snyder is any smarter from a football perspective.

Also, not sure how anything in my post indicated a lack of historical knowledge. We both hope Gibbs will crack the code and turn things around, but as he himself said "the only thing the past buys us is memories."

Not trying to slam Gibbs and Snyder, just making the point that it is absurd to think that Snyder will become the BEST owner in the league because of Gibbs. The original post seemed to guarantee a magical transformation, and while it is certainly possible, I wouldn't bet the house on it. Listen, we all like to think that Snyder's hiring of Gibbs is a really smart move, but at the end of the day it was also the move that would make the most profit, so it doesn't necessarily show that Snyder is any smarter from a football perspective.

Also, not sure how anything in my post indicated a lack of historical knowledge. We both hope Gibbs will crack the code and turn things around, but as he himself said "the only thing the past buys us is memories."

While I totally agree with you, you may want to hear what I feel is best for me. While this is THE BEST (by far) place anywhere to keep up with our beloved Skins, I have a personal policy on posting here that I feel is in my best interest. Keep in mind, this is just my personal policy that I established based on a couple of years of reading this AWESOME website:

1. If anything positive is said about Gibbs or Snyder, I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES disagree with ANY aspect of the post.

2. I will never, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , criticize Joe Gibbs or Dan Snyder.

2. I will never, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, post any disagreement with an opinion of a member that has a huge amount of posts.

Again, I am not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. This is just what I found works best for me. :cheers:

from a financial standpoint, Snyder is THE BEST owner in the league. a team w/o a winning record since the 99-00 season, with the only playoff win coming that season, and yet we still are the most profitable.

Now, from a football standpoint, its his quick trigger that instead may have kept things going, I mainly cite the 2000 season when we were still winning with Norv, but he was cut, and the 2001 season where Marty returned to an 8-3 record, and coulda been more the next season.

With Gibbs hower, we will get back to prominence, these were strictly growing pains. Ohioskinfan makes the right claim there, that Snyder will allow us to rise to prominence again. I just hope this season will start that with a playoff win or two!

Originally posted by zoony

I think what you're trying to say, ohio, is that an unexpected benefit of Gibbs being here is that it is kind of a "Football 101" course for Dan Snyder which will benefit the organization long after Gibbs' departure.

Is this correct?

If so, I agree. Good point. :cheers:

I guess this would mean Norv, Schott & Spurrier were community college courses

In my opinion, there is a certain ethics that Snyder is missing. And this is clear to anybody who meets him, including his players. For example, the only reason we, as fans, are not paying more for seats is because Snyder is forced to abide by league rules. Otherwise he'd be charging three figures for the worst seats in the place. Not to mention $25 to park two miles away, while charging FULL PRICE for seats behind concrete pillars (with no recourse). He also closed two of the eight gates -- gates B and C leading into the stadium - so that he could entertain his tailgate party, leaving MORE fans to crowd into LESS GATES -- because he's added roughly 13,000 seats to a stadium that was intended for 79,800. This also causes LONG lines at the concession stans on the lower bowl visiting side, because of the 5,000 seats he added in the 200 level. He's filled the bowl with so many advertisements, there is no local flavor anymore, there's hardly a place to hang a home made fan sign. He forces fans to watch TV commercials on his megatron -- fans who have ALREADY paid big money for the right to sit in those seats. He's added THREE rows in front of what used to be Row 1 on the lower bowl. JKC purposely placed Row 1 at that height because that was the minimum height required. Snyder ignored this. Snyder has also jammed seats in every friggin nook and cranny, we're jammed in there like sardines - he's filled every aisle possible with seats. Snyder took away the contantly scrolling NFL update board, and replaced with some advertisement, although last year he did have a better update system -- but still not as good as it was with JKC. Snyder raised prices of club seats, and suite seats 60%. SIXTY PERCENT. Imagine that. Snyder charges PREMIUM PRICES for playoff games (i.e. 1999) -- compared to John Cooke who charged the flat rate of $69 and $79 for club seats in playoff games -- his thinking being the LEASE of the seats was ALREADY PAID FOR by the lease holders for the year, which is CORRECT. Snyder decided NO ONE ELSE may sell Redskins merchandise except him -- forcing The Stadium Store in Wheaton out of business. And I won't even get into the tree cutting episode -- which has nothing to do with the Redskins, but everything to do with Snyder's character.

In 1999 Snyder took over in late July. Redskins played in two playoff games that year. Is it a coincidence that the team's BEST SEASON under Snyder -- is the one he had the LEAST INFLUENCE? I think not.

What does this have to do with the Redskins losing? I believe the players, the coaches, the employees, etc., have no respect for Snyder -- and that is why the Redskins are such a mess year after year.

Bwaaaaaaaahahahaha.

The way you guys stick up for the little twerp is funny,

All Snyder has shown is that he can figure out more ways to milk football fans than any other owner and only redskins fans are dumb enough to take it and say thank you sir can I have another.

I respected JKC. Do you remember that the stadium is in Raljon? don't hear that term any more do ya. Charging outrageous prices, blocking off walking to the stadium, selling obstructed seats, trying to force the use of Redskins Credit Cards only. The guy is a greedy little twerp and doesn't deserve to win anything. Ask anyone that has ever worked for the man what they think of him, including ex redskins.

Joe Gibbs never had to make personell decisions, he had Beathard and Casserly do that.

Some of you just write a blank check and give both of them a pass on everything. If any other owner or team did the things they have done you would be all over them. Wake Up unless you guys speak up things will never change and Snyder can get away with anything. I bet he'd put the games on pay-per -view if he could.

Napolean has only been successful in that he's managed to squeeze more money out of us fans and has changed this organization from a football team to a marketing monster that plays a little football on the side. I will not call him successful until I see a consistent winning product on the football field.

Archived