Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Should Sign David Terrell

Waleo32

Originally posted by SkinsGuy

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh brother did you start off on the wrong foot.

You just joined the site this month. You come swooping in with a boatload of arrogance. Refering to folks as "son" and "kid".

You don't back up half of what you say. You just tell folks to "grow up" or "run along".

You then proceed with a false perception that you have to straighten everybody out here about the perceptions you perceive them to have.

You are now calling yourself the biggest, baddest Skin fan of all and we're nothing compared to you? :doh:

Oh yeah. A real good start here. :rolleyes:

If you are starting to feel a little outnumbered or even a little hostility, here's some advice:

Try posting from now on with a lot less smarminess and a tendency to be pompus.

And post with more class and respect.

(oh, and drop the "biggest, baddest Redskin fan of all" moniker). :)

Skins Guy

You can gang up on me. What does that prove. My stuff is opinionated, but yours is too. The only dude that could say anything about D.T. is someone who A. seen him play in Mich, like I, or B someone who is from Chi-town. You all just have a opinion. Like we know what Gardner does because most of us are from the DC/MD region. But u don't see D.T., u don't get his preseason games or watch reports on Training camp. So don't come at me with this" O your argument is rediculous stuff. I'm not going really bash your opinion unless, you carry it like the dude is the worst WR in history. And that is what some of you are coming from.

We are not going to sign David Terrell, point blank. There are reasons for that. The guy is a bust and there is no arguing that. Results and attitude speak for themselves. Some guys are worth taking a chance on, some are not. Terrell is not, so therefore he will not be here. This thread got more activity than it should have.

Originally posted by Clark84

We are not going to sign David Terrell, point blank. There are reasons for that. The guy is a bust and there is no arguing that. Results and attitude speak for themselves. Some guys are worth taking a chance on, some are not. Terrell is not, so therefore he will not be here. This thread got more activity than it should have.

Really we don't need D.T. I know that I just wanted to get something started. But I'm going to say this he didn't get the correct opportunity to shine. Let me say this one more time name me a WR that had a Terrible Quarterback and had great numbers. I'm surprised he got close to 700 yards last year to tell you the truth.

Originally posted by Waleo32

Really we don't need D.T. I know that I just wanted to get something started. But I'm going to say this he didn't get the correct opportunity to shine. Let me say this one more time name me a WR that had a Terrible Quarterback and had great numbers. I'm surprised he got close to 700 yards last year to tell you the truth.

To put this aspect of the arguement to rest: TO with Garcia. Garcia had 3 great seasons with TO. Even the 2 seasons Garcia was struggling, TO had 1000+ yards. Garcia is a >60% completion rate QB with TO, <60 without him.

Now, whoever says Garcia is a great QB is delusional. He is ok, and had his moments, but those moments were with TO at the other end of the ball. So, seems to me like this is a textbook example of a great receiver making an OK QB look good. Receivers can do it on their own.

You can gang up on me. What does that prove. My stuff is opinionated, but yours is too. The only dude that could say anything about D.T. is someone who A. seen him play in Mich, like I, or B someone who is from Chi-town. You all just have a opinion. Like we know what Gardner does because most of us are from the DC/MD region. But u don't see D.T., u don't get his preseason games or watch reports on Training camp. So don't come at me with this" O your argument is rediculous stuff. I'm not going really bash your opinion unless, you carry it like the dude is the worst WR in history. And that is what some of you are coming from.

Huh?

I've said nothing of Terell. I don't know enough about him.

My post wasn't about your opinions or the topic of this thread.

My post was about the fact that you are NEW to this board.

My post was about how arrogant you are coming across. Very insulting and talking down your nose at everybody. And that maybe you should turn it down.

But hey, you do what you want. It was just some advice. You gonna find yourself talking to yourself after a while. :)

Randy Moss couldn't succeed in Chi-Town.

Randy Moss would succeed whoever is throwing him the football. If you've ever watched him play before, you only have to throw the ball somewhat close to him and he'll catch it.

I know the point you were trying to make, but I gotta call you on it! Moss makes QB's look good!

I watched every game that David Terrell played last season, because I had him on my fantasy team(Don't ask. Bad draft). He is not a bad #2 reciever the problem with him was his inconsistency. He dropped some passes and was caught running some weak routes. His biggest problem however, has nothing to do with football. This is from a newspaper in Chicago called the daily southtown.

The Bears' first play from scrimmage in their 2004 season opener seemed to provide an omen for Terrell's campaign: He was penalized for offensive pass interference. He later drew a penalty for flipping the ball at a Lions player along the sideline in that game. Later in the season, he was penalized for throwing the football at the Tennessee Titans' bench, and he reportedly had to be restrained from confronting Jonathan Quinn along the sideline after the quarterback threw a game-sealing interception in another game.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/011sd1.htm:2cents:

Off the field, Terrell was no less volatile. In June, 2002, he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery outside of a River North nightclub in a dispute over his car keys. Last November, he was arrested and eventually pleaded guilty to negligent driving, driving on a suspended license, failure to stay in his lane and failure to yield. He was fined $1,050 and placed on court supervision for six months. It was just another in a long series of traffic arrests for Terrell.

Here is more from that article. Doesn't sound like a Gibbs guy to me.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/011sd1.htm

I can say the same thing to you.

But im not telling you that im the biggest baddest skins fan around, and i dont claim to have my head so far up anyones rear that it looks like they have two heads...as you are doing with DT.

and then you say things that make you look very ignorant...like No one sees him play, and no one saw him in college, do you think the people on this board live in a hole? Im sure everyone has seen him play at some point or another, did you go to michigan?

And i called you son mocking your post calling whoeever it was SON.

So as to quote someone else on this thread:

"dont get it twisted:" :laugh:

I don't ever want a Michigan reciever on the Skins. Even if Braylon Edwards fell to us, I'd rather have Mike Williams. The funny thing is, the exact same things that scouts are saying about Edwards were said about Terrell. The last Michigan reciever we had I believe was Desmond Howard. Never again. And blacklist Colorado recievers while we're at it.

If David Terrell got at real chance then I could say some of you are right. But if you could name it when David Terrell got the opportunity to perform at a high level then you can judge his play. Randy Moss couldn't succeed in Chi-Town. Plus what Quarterback did he ever have in Chicago. He's not that slow. And his hands are good. You can't judge a player that didn't get a fair opportunity.

If he's as good as you say, he would have made Craig Crap Krensell look good. Good WR's make terrible QB's look atleast average. That Terrell needs a good QB to be successful, to be seen, to be unvieled, therefore signals that we do not need Terrell.

Originally posted by FS36

To put this aspect of the arguement to rest: TO with Garcia. Garcia had 3 great seasons with TO. Even the 2 seasons Garcia was struggling, TO had 1000+ yards. Garcia is a >60% completion rate QB with TO, <60 without him.

Now, whoever says Garcia is a great QB is delusional. He is ok, and had his moments, but those moments were with TO at the other end of the ball. So, seems to me like this is a textbook example of a great receiver making an OK QB look good. Receivers can do it on their own.

I liked that but, realize this it's the westcoast offense. Garcia could look good with anyone in the Westcoast offense.

Originally posted by TheSteve

If he's as good as you say, he would have made Craig Crap Krensell look good. Good WR's make terrible QB's look atleast average. That Terrell needs a good QB to be successful, to be seen, to be unvieled, therefore signals that we do not need Terrell.

Not really!

Originally posted by jrockster77

Randy Moss would succeed whoever is throwing him the football. If you've ever watched him play before, you only have to throw the ball somewhat close to him and he'll catch it.

I know the point you were trying to make, but I gotta call you on it! Moss makes QB's look good!

Krenzel I doubt it!. Your right though about others.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

But im not telling you that im the biggest baddest skins fan around, and i dont claim to have my head so far up anyones rear that it looks like they have two heads...as you are doing with DT.

and then you say things that make you look very ignorant...like No one sees him play, and no one saw him in college, do you think the people on this board live in a hole? Im sure everyone has seen him play at some point or another, did you go to michigan?

And i called you son mocking your post calling whoeever it was SON.

So as to quote someone else on this thread:

"dont get it twisted:" :laugh:

I was talking about your opinionated comments about Terrell not all that personal stuff about the biggest baddest stuff. I talk like that just to hype everything up. It was suppose to be funny. Nah I didn't go to Mich, I'm a big fan of the school. D. Howard. Ty Law, Woodson, Jansen, Toomer, A-Train, Terrell, Edwards. The list goes on on and on. Thanks for using my quote, I know it's tight.

Dude,

have you posted in any other thread? Just wondering because you seem very pressed on this issue, just wanted to see if your have shared your "logic" in any other threads.

Nah the only interest I have for real is changing the perception about Terrell. And waiting for the skins to sign Courtney Brown. Thats all. And also I can't wait till the Preseason when Patten looks bad, and we give Jacobs or McCants his job.

My opinionated comments which is that Terrel has done nothing in Chicago? Or the one that he is no different then david ter..i mean Rod Gardner whose already on the roster? Because thats not opinion that seems to be fact.

Gardner angle

Archived