Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help: moving to Iwakuni Japan..

Fletch1

..and will not be able to see Skins games on a regular basis for 3 years!

I am military and being stationed in Iwakuni Japan. I am a diehard fan and need to know, besides this site, how I can see the games during the season. Any ideas?

I have been spoiled by being stationed near the Washington DC area, and will only be able to catch games if the Armed Forces Network shows them. Anyone out there in or have been in a similar situation?

:logo:

I was in Japan for like eight months. You will be able to see games, unfortantly they will be at about 3:30 am Monday morning. You will get a couple of news programs that will talk about sports in general so you will get tidbits of Skins info.

Other than that have somebody back home record the games and pre and post games and send them to you each week.

You can get NFL radio or whatever it's called on nfl.com. It costs 20 or 30 bucks for the year and you can listen to every game. Or you can just come out here for the game threads.

I also like the idea of someone taping the games for you and sending them over. As long as it doesn't go by slow boat.

Originally posted by Fletch1

I was told they show random games, but a lot of AFC games. Would love to know if they do, though.

When I was in Yokuska in 2000, they showed every Redskins game and one other random game. Why they had the Redskins every week I have no idea, but I was extremely happy.

"they will be at about 3:30 am Monday morning"

Looks like I will be taking Mondays off...

Tell me about. Mondays really sucked, but I wasn't going to miss a game.

When I was in Yokuska in 2000, they showed every Redskins game and one other random game. Why they had the Redskins every week I have no idea, but I was extremely happy.

man I hope that is still the case over there. I will be one happy fan if that is the case. Thanks.

My brother has offered to tape the games and send them out to me "Fed Ex". Can't beat that. The ESPN radio deal is also a good idea.

I love the highlites and everything on this board. I can tell I will be on here a lot. Appreciate all the help.

:notworthy

man I hope that is still the case over there. I will be one happy fan if that is the case. Thanks.

My brother has offered to tape the games and send them out to me "Fed Ex". Can't beat that. The ESPN radio deal is also a good idea.

I love the highlites and everything on this board. I can tell I will be on here a lot. Appreciate all the help.

:notworthy

Japan is AWESOME!!! Make sure you do some traveling. Go to Tokyo. It is probably the coolest, and safest big city in the world (it is the most populated). Don't drive unless you have to. Although with you being there for 3 years you probably will. Driving there is crazy, and old Japanize people will jump out and try to have you hit them, so their family can sue you. But it is a great place. So much to see, and so much to experience. I think you'll enjoy yourself. And I hope for you that they are still showing the Skins games.

Originally posted by RedskinzOwnU

This raises a question I've had for a while...baseball has that mlb.tv site where you can watch all those stupid games on the internet for a fee. Why doesn't the NFL have a service like that???

I am sure its coming

Originally posted by ciresolstice

Im sorry but that was funny..."old japanese people will try to jump out in front of your car and sue you" but its a great place!! *LOL*

As a foreigner the law states that accident you are involved in is automatically 10% your fault; because, if you hadn't been in there country then the accident wouldn't have happened. That's why I said try not to drive. Not to mention traffic, tolls, and the craziness.

Archived