Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Have a Sneaking Suspicion

I have a sneaking suspicion that the first right teams to draft will not draft a QB, because their is simply no QB in the draft to build a franchise over. So now teams may fill other holes on their team. Also, dont be surprised if Pac-Man, Rolle, Edwards, and Williams are gone before we pick, so trading down will seem like the likely senario.

1 San Francisco- Edwards/maybe a runningback

2 Miami- Benson

3 Cleveland-Pac-Man

4 Chicago- Rolle

5 Tampa Bay-Mike Williams

6 Tennessee-Carnell Williams

7 Minnesota (from Oakland)- Merriman

8 Arizona- Carlos Rodgers

9 Washington-than us......

If we're in position to draft either of those QBs, it would be a very interesting debate about what to do. It's tough not to take the best QB in the draft if he's available, but there might be some teams very interested in talking to us to trade up if that happened.

I think either TB, SF or Chicago will take the top 2 WRs.

I don't think Chicago will take another WR early in the draft because of their recent um...sucess with busts David Terrel and Dez White.

i could easily be wrong....

Ronnie Brown is the best RB in the draft and he isn't on your board. Aaron Rodgers is coming out early and is definetly a quarterback you could build a franchise around. I do hope your right though because if it works out this way then Green Bay will give us lots of value to move up and draft Favre's replacement. Oh Yeah Derrick Johnson will go before Merriman.

I do hope your right though because if it works out this way then Green Bay will give us lots of value to move up and draft Favre's replacement.

that would be sweet......

a trade could be

our 1st

for their

1st

2nd

and a mid-rounder.....

Justin Miller and Marlin Jackson or possibly Carlos Rogers could be there at GB's pick.

I have a feeling it will go something like this as it is now

1 San Francisco - QB (Rodgers)

2 Miami RB (Benson)

3 Cleveland - defense (Derrick Johnson, Pac, Rolle)

4 Chicago - WR (Edwards)

5 Tampa Bay - RB (Williams)

6 Tennessee - defense (Derrick Johnson, Pac, Rolle)

7 Minnesota - WR (unless they pick up a FA) - Williams

8 Arizona- QB (Alex Smith)

9 Washington - Merriman, Rolle, Pac)

Last year was easy to project because we only had to predict four choices ahead of us and two of the teams were certainly taking qb's and Arizona and Oakland were almost certain to take Fitzgerald and Gallery. Trying to figure out 8 picks ahead of us with no consensus on the top player, much less the top qb or the top wr is mostly whimsical. Add to that there are still several wr's on the market (Plaxico and Gardner) and a few other fa's yet to sign that could change team's needs. Add still to that, not all the individual workouts have been done. A real mock draft is not going to make much sense until a week or two before the draft.

Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers both went to Cal. Boller was the #2 pick in the draft. Rodgers is a much, much better QB than Boller....and he quit school as a Junior.

The top 2 Qbs will be long gone by our pick.

Originally posted by tr1

Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers both went to Cal. Boller was the #2 pick in the draft. Rodgers is a much, much better QB than Boller....and he quit school as a Junior.

The top 2 Qbs will be long gone by our pick.

By #2 pick in the draft, I assume you mean #19.

Archived