Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Redskins to trade Gardner for Smoot

Robsk1ns

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

Y'know, in a way, there's an interesting concept here.

A team with mega cap space like the Vikings could use itself like a clearing house for cap-strapped teams. They get players in exchange for eating cap dollars.

Agreed, I don't know if it would be approved by the league but it is a very interesting idea.

Originally posted by Robsk1ns

The Redskins are in talks with Vikings to send Rod Gardner to the Vikings in exchange for Fred Smoot. The team allowed Smoot to sign with the Vikings in order to gauge his market value. Can't reveal source...

Here you go...

i hate to spoil all the fun but i really did hear that rumor. i heard on the tail end of a radio segment that it would be gardner for smoot. i think there was a pick in there somewhere too. Again I am NOT lying. I really heard this.

Originally posted by big#44

i hate to spoil all the fun but i really did hear that rumor. i heard on the tail end of a radio segment that it would be gardner for smoot. i think there was a pick in there somewhere too. Again I am NOT lying. I really heard this.

Where, from the Narrator function on your PC reading the first post in this thread?

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

Y'know, in a way, there's an interesting concept here.

A team with mega cap space like the Vikings could use itself like a clearing house for cap-strapped teams. They get players in exchange for eating cap dollars.

Isn't that how "cap and trade" works in other businesses, e.g. power plant pollution?

Cool idea. What would the Vikings get out of it though? There would have to be some nice incentives. Maybe Gardner and Morton?

Originally posted by Robsk1ns

The Redskins are in talks with Vikings to send Rod Gardner to the Vikings in exchange for Fred Smoot. The team allowed Smoot to sign with the Vikings in order to gauge his market value. Can't reveal source...

Ya big goof. Everybody knows the deal is>>>Gardner-Vikes>>>Smoot-Raiders>>>Moss-Redskins.

Archived