Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Sent Coles Packing-Not Snyder

Coles himself stated that he and Snyder have since burried the hatchet.

As for positive comments about the Redskins, Coles is working on that. He's already reconciled with Snyder and there's even been some progress made with Gibbs. "We came to the conclusion that if we met in the street, we could shake hands and be cordial," Coles said of Gibbs. "But that's about it."

This is what went down with Gibbs.

When the season ended, Coles met twice with Gibbs in order to air grievances. Neither session led to any positive results. "We concluded that it was best to go our separate ways," Coles said. "I don't want to get into the details but he basically said he didn't trust me, and I said I didn't trust him."

Gibbs obviously made the final decision. He wasn't comfortable with idea of Coles on the team next year. Do you want Gibbs to be uncomfortable with someone, or have a group he feels he can confidently go into battle with.

Originally posted by bhayesp

"I don't want to get into the details but he basically said he didn't trust me, and I said I didn't trust him."

I'd like to know the details of that. I'd like to know why Joe Gibbs doesn't trust Coles. I'd have to guess that there are very strong reasons why Joe Gibbs would not trust a player. Obviously, Coles doesn't want us to know.

well, to paraphrase Coles' own words, he and Gardner used to sit down and comiserate (sp) with each other over the playbook not featuring passes to them. So, it would seem Coles is not content to be malcontented by himself, he must draw others into it. Whether Gardner was already there is another matter, but his performance should explain why he might be in the doghouse in the first place.

I wouldn't trust a guy who talked behind my back, and that is apparently what Coles does, by his own admission.

Yesterday I found an interesting statistic. (Of course, today the site i found it on is down, but it's on

http://snap.stats.com

Do you realize LC was targetted 169 times last year,, tops in the NFL? Yet he doesn't feel he's a big enough part of the offense.

That would be enough to make me not trust someone, too.

~Bang

Originally posted by SkinsNatsFan

I'd like to know the details of that. I'd like to know why Joe Gibbs doesn't trust Coles. I'd have to guess that there are very strong reasons why Joe Gibbs would not trust a player. Obviously, Coles doesn't want us to know.

I agree. I'm definitely convinced that Coles won't go into details about why they don't trust each other for his own sake, not for Gibbs' sake.

The ONLY thing I need to know about Coles is his remark that he was disgruntled at not getting more passes or yardage in the season finale. The Skins beat a Minnesota Vikings team that needed that win to assure themselves a playoff birth. The fact that Coles worried more about personal acheivements than winning a football game seals it for me. The guy is a selfish prima donna concerned with himself first, the team second. NO WAY a guy like that stays on a Gibbs team, and no way would I want him to.

Hey LC, how many of the NE Pats are griping about not getting their stats. In the insular world of the NFL, WINNING is the ONLY thing that matters.

Later LC, don't stub your toe!

ESPN: Receiving:

1. Tony Gonzalez TE, KAN 102 1258 (1st offense)

2. Derrick mason WR, TEN 96 1168 (11 offense)

3. Chad Johnson WR, CIN 95 1274 (18th offense)

4 Joe Horn WR, NOR 94 1399 (15th offense)

Torry Holt WR, STL 94 1372 (6th offense)

6 M. Muhammad WR, CAR 93 1405 (13th offense)

7. L. Coles WR, Washington 90 950 (30th offense)

I guess Indy 'Harrison'/Minn 'Moss'/Den 'Smith'/NE 'Givens'/Seattle 'Jackson'/Philly 'Owens'/SD 'Gates' /Dal 'Johnson'/Pitt 'Ward' receivers should quit also.....

So let me get this straight.. He was 7th on the list with a 30th ranked offense? And he's so peeved he just can't take it?

If you take even a second to look at this and factor in a new QB that CAN NOT POSSIBLY be worse than Brunnel... you can only move up the list, both in TD's, yardage, overall stats.

Minn ranked 23 and it wasnt Randy Moss with 49... who didnt even make the list...

laverneus coles was a cancer on our team. team unity is the number one strength you need to win, and we don't have that when you have a "cancer" on your team. as far as gibbs is concerned, read the washington post article today on coles. dan snyder is the one who snapped and threatened coles by saying, "if you come back here, i'll buy you a big screen tv and you'll watch every play. you'll never play a down again for two years and then we'll cut you." WOW...we have an emotional owner, don't we?

LC is a lying bad-footed terd. You know, we STILL haven't heard the Redskin's side of this story (they have class.)

LC or his agent leaked to the WP causing this entire scenario...and, lets be frank, LC likely cost us Smoot.

Archived