Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else seeing the chance of a 1st round receiver decreasing?

pr11fan

With the top 2 recievers probably being off the board by 9, Patten arriving and likely being the #2, and with either Coles staying or Moss coming, our top 3 stands as Coles/Moss, Patten, & Jacobs, I realize this is a small receiving core without a "true #1" but after adding 2 receivers and having a 2nd rounder waiting for playing time would it really be that surprising to see Gibbs bypass a receiver for maybe a guy like Miller or maybe give GW another defensive player like Rolle, Pac-man, or a DE, especially since he is probably going to lose 2 guys that played at a pro-bowl level this past year. Any thoughts??

Personally the more that I think about it I think I would prefer that we trade down for multiple picks in the 2nd,3rd,4thrd range to possibly depth in a number of places and to give us a better chance o finding that proverbial diamond in the ruff.

Originally posted by Oldskool

Big play, possession receiver for Ramsey to throw to is still the greatest need of this team, with or without Patten and S. Moss.

I think the possession receiver is already on the roster. Only thing is, he plays H-Back and not WR.

Cooley clearly emerged as the #1 option on 3rd and 5 last year. I think he and Ramsey have a good rapport and I see his role only increasing next year.

I smell a tradedown so we can create the dynamic duo of Cooley and Heath Miller. We could probably pickup a 2nd rounder for trading down and still get Miller in the late teens early twentys.

If we can get a 3rd for Gardner that gives us a 2nd and 2 3rd rounders to add 3 quality young players. We can add another Wr,LB,CB,or d-lineman with any of those 3 picks.

i was thinking is there a chance that if coles moss deal goes through we and we dont sign smooty or another big names fa maybe the plan is to go with the wr we have now plus moss( and maybe even another mid tier guys but i doubt this) and use the ninth pick to get a cb to replace smoot. harris could start short term while the rookie develops or he is impressive and starts right from the getgo.

Here's what we should do; trade LaVar Arrington to Cinncinati for Chad Johnson and then trade Coles to the Jets for Moss and their 2nd. Then, trade our first and their 2nd to move up a couple picks and draft Derrick Johnson. With our 3rd, draft a decent DE.

Hey. I can dream. :D

I think we would be perfectly comfortable next season with Moss, Patten, Jacobs, Thrash, and a 3rd (2nd perferably...the guy from Hampton who ran a 4.25) rounder, so I see us trading down and taking Carlos Rogers from Auburn if Smoot walks, otherwise I bet we take Heath Miller, Williamson, or Pollack.

Archived